1. Collapse Details
    Livorsi start Switch problems
    I have a new ( this year) Livorsi single engine keyless starter switch. I installed it in eary spring, it worked 1 time. Livorsi replaced it with a new one under warrenty. Until now its worked all summer. This morning I went out to the pier to fire her up and nothing. I checked for 12 volt power which I have. Its the unit gone bad again! glad I didn't make it out into the Ches. Bay! Does anyone have one of these units? If so any problems? Am I the only one or are these units just unreliable?

2. Collapse Details

Come on now, don't tell me me I'm the only one out here with one. Livorsi said to mail it back to them to check out, heres a pix of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Elec key switch.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Seems to complicated for me... lol... I have never seen one before...

4. Collapse Details

I have seen other brands in some ski boats. I was never to pumped up over them as I viewed it as I thought it may only make for more problems if you forgot the code or in an emergency situation compared to a key.. Also regardless of that, most applications can be easily jump started/hot wired much faster than one may think on a marine/boat application..

However as far as problems with them, none here, or heard of on my end as of yet.. Jamie / Lakeside

5. Collapse Details

Here we go again! Livorsi replaced my switch under warrenty last fall. Today it craped out, good thing I wired a hidden manual switch in for back up. I'd go back to a manual dash key switch if I hadn't cut a big hole for this keyless switch. Sport Boat mag has an article on Jerry Gilbreaths (Gil Marine) new wooden boat which has a keyless ign. switch in it. Anyone know anything about this or how I can get in touch with Jerry?

6. Collapse Details

Talked to Livorsi 7/5/11 and they said they would send out a new one to me and also a return label at no charge. Also said the maker has made some upgrade improvements. I'm happy!

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donskihp View Post
    Talked to Livorsi 7/5/11 and they said they would send out a new one to me and also a return label at no charge. Also said the maker has made some upgrade improvements. I'm happy!
    Nice to hear of great companies....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!