1. Collapse Details
    Trailor Bunks and blisters
    I started a thread in the fiberglass section and we were talking about the problem with the bunk carpet causing blisters in the gell. After I repair all the blisters and wet sand I do not want the blisters to come back. Has anyone tried any of the plastic wood products for bunks?

2. Collapse Details

My 272 did that and it was blamed on no barrier coat between glass and gel.

It was fixed under warranty and never came back.

3. Collapse Details

Well my boat is a 94 and I think the warranty is well expired. They were there in 98 when I bought it and they have not gotten any worse. But most of you here are like me I am looking for a couple more MPH.

4. Collapse Details

Aluminum

http://www.thehulltruth.com/trucks-t...num-bunks.html

You can see them in my below pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bracket2.jpg   bracket4.jpg   transom.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    Well my boat is a 94 and I think the warranty is well expired. They were there in 98 when I bought it and they have not gotten any worse. But most of you here are like me I am looking for a couple more MPH.
    Im just saying its due to the construction more then the bunks,,,,, they had problems in the mid 90's

Im sure they are not stealing 2 mph from you though.

My buddy has a 236 and has a huge hook in it,,,, thats hurting you more then anything.

I had my 272 blueprinted when the blisters were being repaired and picked up 2-3 mph

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OBNOXUS View Post
    Im just saying its due to the construction more then the bunks,,,,, they had problems in the mid 90's

Im sure they are not stealing 2 mph from you though.

My buddy has a 236 and has a huge hook in it,,,, thats hurting you more then anything.

I had my 272 blueprinted when the blisters were being repaired and picked up 2-3 mph
    The boat is running 72-74 MPH on the GPS. This topic started because I have been enquiring about blueprinting the hull and removing the shingles (hooks). Some people think I am so high out of the water that that have no effect. Here is the only pic I have at full speed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails running hard.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Jeff , seeing that your boat is a 94 and has taken this long for blistering to appear i can honestly say that i do not feel that this problem involves the construction of your boat . Osmosis / Hull blisters most likely in your case are caused because of the moisture retained in the carpet on the bunks because the water enters the hull through the jell which creates preasure behind the jell hence Blistering . Jeff i have seen this happen on Skater's older then a decade along with Cigs , Fountains , ext ext . Jeff i could be wrong but..............and jeff trailor ? Just kidding ha ha ha ha .

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Jeff , seeing that your boat is a 94 and has taken this long for blistering to appear i can honestly say that i do not feel that this problem involves the construction of your boat . Osmosis / Hull blisters most likely in your case are caused because of the moisture retained in the carpet on the bunks because the water enters the hull through the jell which creates preasure behind the jell hence Blistering . Jeff i have seen this happen on Skater's older then a decade along with Cigs , Fountains , ext ext . Jeff i could be wrong but..............and jeff trailor ? Just kidding ha ha ha ha .
    Oh, I see you are now my spell checker, I think you have your work cut out for you!!

9. Collapse Details

So, getting back on topic here. Anyone use the plastic wood products for bunks?