Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Contributor jetcruzr's Avatar
    I will keep posting as long as there is interest. This is an incredible form of racing that, unfortunatly, does not get much publicity. I am quite confidant that most racing enthusiests would really dig it, if they knew it existed. I am happy to spread the adrenaline!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snyder3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	65886
    Me racing on the Detroit River in 2003.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jetcruzr View Post
    Yes, those were some great battles. He had a hell of a battle going with Jean Theoret on that fateful day as well. I was on the turn boat, in turn 1 that day. Unfortunatly, I had a front row seating to Paul's flip. Bad day at the races. I am Tom Snyder Jr. I was racing 5 litre's when your dad was racing GP. I started racing GP in 1993. My first GP was Jimmy King's "Crush", that I bought from Freddy Rodo. My next GP was Huey's old "Big Boy". Then I bought Claude Bergeron's "Max Seafood" boat, after Brian O'Connor had it as the "Gator". Now, I am slowly building a new Jamie Auld designed hull, at my shop in Waterford.
    Hello Tom,

We have never met but I do know your name and your boat.

Tom I would love to swing by you shop one day if possible. I am in Canton and work in Milford often.

Back in the day we would have 34-36 GPs show up. Competition was immense. Bo Schide, Mark Tate, Jimmy, Endres, Theoret were all very fast. On my fathers fateful weekend we were trading course records for qualifying with Jimmy on both Thur and Fri. We just we were getting the boat dialed and it was flying!!!

It is great to see the competiton heating up again and seeing so many boats in the hunt. Best of luck to you!

Paul Smith Jr.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sre View Post
    Who are you guys? My late father was Paul Smith of Hydrophobia GP115 and used to race against Jimmy. We had some great battles with him.
    Paul,
    I have messaged back and forth with you before, my name is rob and we are from Toledo.
    I used to Race Sleds against Todd Sierra In The winter and in the summer we were on opposing GP Teams, those were the days.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Crainium View Post
    Paul,
    I have messaged back and forth with you before, my name is rob and we are from Toledo.
    I used to Race Sleds against Todd Sierra In The winter and in the summer we were on opposing GP Teams, those were the days.
    I remember you Rob. Hope everything is well.

Would you happen to have any old photos or video you could share? I finally bit the bullet and built a open lake racer. 1160 Mach Z on Spray. Had it running 4.88 at mid 130s in the 1/8. Todd finally made me move to the ice lol.