Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Art Lilly was racing Fountains. He had just had a few built for his customers.. DragonLady and Carlos and Charlies.. He got Reggie to let his bring the old 38 mold to Peter to build a 35' Banker. He then brought the old 42 mold to build Dramamine which looks like the boat in the youtube above. The first two were built for B class the last was built for SuperV. It was rigged and raced in '98. Since then Fountain has built there own race boats.

Skater has also built a Cigarette race boat too.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    It looks like the second one.. Dramamine.
    Boy do i know that boat from start to finish and if memory does me right the original boat was painted with Dramamine on the sides with a woodpecker and a cigar in its mouth and Phill Hall who worked at Skater at that time was doing the rigging on the boat . I can not tell you how many boats or custom Fountian's i worked on at that time from JB Horn . to Popeys ext ext ext and they were some of the fastest that ever came out of Reggies stable that were built at Skater .

3. Collapse Details

Jim i have the original design or blueprints that Peter threw away which is a Michael Peters design for a 45 ' Cigarette raceboat with a step insert and typical canopy from june of 98 and after doing all the modfications to the mold the rest is history.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HPBoats83 View Post
    So the boat is that video is 10-12 years old and somebody just purchased it? Why did Skater build the Fountains 10 or 12 years ago? Just curious is all?
    Hey guy being curious is fine and the answer to your questions are........ Peter at ( Skater ) could build a custom boat which was lighter ( vacumed bagged ) using all composites from Epoxy ,Carbon Fiber , Kevlar ,S and E glass along with some modfications to the molds that where needed .........which meant a lighter and faster boat that could hold up to almost any conditions and the real answer to your question is...... at that time Reggie did not have the knowledge or experience building boats using composites listed in this post or should i say clue .......untill Pete started building his boat's.

5. Collapse Details
    Question
    Rt
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Boy do i know that boat from start to finish and if memory does me right the original boat was painted with Dramamine on the sides with a woodpecker and a cigar in its mouth and Phill Hall who worked at Skater at that time was doing the rigging on the boat . I can not tell you how many boats or custom Fountian's i worked on at that time from JB Horn . to Popeys ext ext ext and they were some of the fastest that ever came out of Reggies stable that were built at Skater .
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Art Lilly was racing Fountains. He had just had a few built for his customers.. DragonLady and Carlos and Charlies.. He got Reggie to let his bring the old 38 mold to Peter to build a 35' Banker. He then brought the old 42 mold to build Dramamine which looks like the boat in the youtube above. The first two were built for B class the last was built for SuperV. It was rigged and raced in '98. Since then Fountain has built there own race boats.

Skater has also built a Cigarette race boat too.
    Bingo!

You boys are smart! Art is a cool guy and he has been extremely helpful the last 5 months. I could never thank him enough..
    www.41apache.com

6. Collapse Details

Mike Lovergine will be there as well with this record setting Fountain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MikeFountain.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viperfitness1 View Post
    dont worry folks... that stunt was performed by professionals with fire and safety crew in place. careful planning was involved to ensure the "safety" of others. dont try this at home

Were you speaking tongue in cheek...or do you really believe this?
    Allergic to Nonsense

8. Collapse Details

IMO - That was just stupid. Mechanical failures happen and a $4 bolt could of killed quiet a few people.... but like I said, it's just my opinion..... other than that the boat sounded great.....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Were you speaking tongue in cheek...or do you really believe this?

i really believe it t2x...

otherwise i wouldn't have been a part of it. it was a very well planned and executed stunt that involved very highly trained skilled professionals in the industry, with the help of local fire and safety crews.

everyone has the right to their opinion but one often contradicts an opinion when what is uncongenial is really the tone in which it was conveyed. i guess thats what we were looking for tho....

i owe no person any explanation and the only reason i answered you t2x is because you have "icon" next to your screen name... do you believe that?
    www.41apache.com

10. Collapse Details

As we get older we tend to see things differently...i am sure most of us have done something like this in our past. Its all exciting and on the line until something goes wrong - but then, we all seek excitement!

11. Collapse Details

race boat is done and we are headed to the shooout. i know a few boats right off the bat we will be looking for... 388 skater vee and white lighting.
    Are you gonna race this boat as well?

12. Collapse Details

otherwise i wouldn't have been a part of it. it was a very well planned and executed stunt that involved very highly trained skilled professionals in the industry, with the help of local fire and safety crews.

everyone has the right to their opinion but one often contradicts an opinion when what is uncongenial is really the tone in which it was conveyed. i guess thats what we were looking for tho....

i owe no person any explanation and the only reason i answered you t2x is because you have "icon" next to your screen name... do you believe that?

13. Collapse Details

Wow Andy, very articulate!

14. Collapse Details

This one is better

15. Collapse Details
    BY THE WAY???
    What ever happened to Art Lilly? What is he doing now?

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Art is still running his shop and marina near Annapolis.