Thread: My new dually

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My new dually
    I stimulated the economy today will pick it up this week new 08 GMC 4x4 crew cab SLT dually Duramax 6 speed allison.Loaded leather navigation dvd even has heated seats.could not pass up the deal.Its a weird color they call it dark crimson more like a black cherry.But it looks good.Can't wait to tow my boat around with it I am defiantly putting a class 5 hitch on it first.Will post pictures later in the week
    Last edited by Expensive Date; 01-06-2009 at 11:49 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Congrats. Sonds like a nice truck. Yopu can't beat the newer duallys for towing IMHO.
    I THINK, THEREFORE I DRINK!

3. Collapse Details

if its not a ford, dont bother.......
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

4. Collapse Details

Did not like the Ford the new interior looked weird.Plus I am starting to see problems with the 6.4

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Expensive Date View Post
    I stimulated the economy today will pick it up this week new 08 GMC crew cab SLT dually Duramax 6 speed allison.Loaded leather navigation dvd even has heated seats.could not pass up the deal.Its a weird color they call it dark crimson more like a black cherry.But it looks good.Can't wait to tow my boat around with it I am defiantly putting a class 5 hitch on it first.Will post pictures later in the week
    It didn't come with a Class V?? I'm glad Chevy got rid of those "beetle brow" headlights they sucked. Duramax/Allison is a great combo but the trans will only hold 100hp/200tq more before you'll need to upgrade your TC and VB. I've always liked all those buttons on the steering wheel too, looks very upscale and classy.

I own a 2006 Dodge quad cab dually 6speed manual but it's just a work truck, very basic inside. I do have Sirius though. Can't beat a Cummins for heavy work.

6. Collapse Details

Did not like the Ford the new interior looked weird.Plus I am starting to see problems with the 6.4
    And the cab has to be removed for most any service, what a hassle.

7. Collapse Details

My 6.4 has 57.5k miles and all is good. Mileage is actually still improving. I get 22.4 mpg @ 62mph (non-towing). It pretty hard to run that speed, but the older I get, the slower I'm driving. No more towing 10k+ @80...just not worth it! Around town it's still getting 15-17mpg.
    This truck is nice though...btw I found the interior to be a big change, but it is so much better than my 05', the GPS and factory stereo w/touch screen are very nice. My heated seat quit though, bummer!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catmando View Post
    It didn't come with a Class V?? I'm glad Chevy got rid of those "beetle brow" headlights they sucked. Duramax/Allison is a great combo but the trans will only hold 100hp/200tq more before you'll need to upgrade your TC and VB. I've always liked all those buttons on the steering wheel too, looks very upscale and classy.

I own a 2006 Dodge quad cab dually 6speed manual but it's just a work truck, very basic inside. I do have Sirius though. Can't beat a Cummins for heavy work.
    Not my definition of a class 5 so will put a putman on it

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spilman View Post
    My 6.4 has 57.5k miles and all is good. Mileage is actually still improving. I get 22.4 mpg @ 62mph (non-towing). It pretty hard to run that speed, but the older I get, the slower I'm driving. No more towing 10k+ @80...just not worth it! Around town it's still getting 15-17mpg.
    This truck is nice though...btw I found the interior to be a big change, but it is so much better than my 05', the GPS and factory stereo w/touch screen are very nice. My heated seat quit though, bummer!
    Did you get notified of the radiator recall yet?There is a pressure relief valve that goes bad in the colling system and over pressurizes the radiator blowing out the tanks.

10. Collapse Details

Plus Ford did not have a truck in stock or dealer transfer that I liked.And they were 9% on the loan. GM got me 4.64% it was a small dealership they actually had a screen door no b/s worked with me on the numbers

11. Collapse Details

I stimulated the economy today will pick it up this week new 08 GMC crew cab SLT dually Duramax 6 speed allison.Loaded leather navigation dvd even has heated seats.could not pass up the deal.Its a weird color they call it dark crimson more like a black cherry.But it looks good.Can't wait to tow my boat around with it I am defiantly putting a class 5 hitch on it first.Will post pictures later in the week
    I have the same truck except 4x4 and all black SLT. You will Love that truck! I have two ford F350`s and a F650 and Love the GMC Duramax / Allison.

12. Collapse Details

im a ford guy, the big three i dont really know if you can go worng with anymore... each one has their little issues, its really matter of prefrence now... dodge, chevy or ford are all very nice trucks... like i said i like ford..

if any of you guys are looking to get a great deal

mraymond3 on the board owns a ford dealer... he has given me and many oso memebrs great deals on trucks and whatever else you will need... shoot him a pm....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by offshoresteve View Post
    I have the same truck except 4x4 and all black SLT. You will Love that truck! I have two ford F350`s and a F650 and Love the GMC Duramax / Allison.
    Mine is 4x4 also forgot you can also get the 4x2 so did not say that

14. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Stecz20;31902]im a ford guy, the big three i dont really know if you can go worng with anymore... each one has their little issues, its really matter of prefrence now... dodge, chevy or ford are all very nice trucks... like i said i like ford..

Agree they are all nice and I looked/drove them all.Just prefered the GMC and it was the best deal

15. Collapse Details

Congrats on the new truck Tim!
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

16. Collapse Details

Hey Tim,

Good luck with the new truck.

Mike

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I got 0 percent on my F450 but it makes up for it in fuel economy. I'm getting only around 15 tops, 12 with my empty tri axle trailer. Spilman,don't know how you could get 22 mpg with a 6.4, I only got 19 at best with my 6.0 in an F 250. Did you change exhaust?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cpmarine View Post
    I got 0 percent on my F450 but it makes up for it in fuel economy. I'm getting only around 15 tops, 12 with my empty tri axle trailer. Spilman,don't know how you could get 22 mpg with a 6.4, I only got 19 at best with my 6.0 in an F 250. Did you change exhaust?
    Did you get the 4.88 rear axle? You might be able to change to a higher gearing for better mileage.

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I did get the 4.88 but I like it for all the towing I do.

20. Collapse Details

Great truck! I really like the GMC's.

Don't leave the keys in the ignition cause you might find it in my driveway and have a Suburban parked in its place....