1. Collapse Details
    The awesome race site of St Clair.
    Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    The venue is awesome. The park, the vendors, proximity to the crane, the beautiful water, the host racing org of Blue Water and OPA staff all worked together to make this event one of the best of the season... Who ever may have missed it shame on you....I am sorry if our race distracted any one's attention away from how great the weekends event was..

I personally want to thank Bill MacDonald Ford, all the volunteers, the boy scouts selling the programs and everyone who came to watch the races.

2. Collapse Details

Hey....

It was finally nice to meet you! Now you know who I am!! Keep in touch!

Chris

3. Collapse Details

St Clair Riverfest makes for an awesome weekend!

Thanks to ALL who were involved.

4. Collapse Details

One of the best weekends of the summer every year! You guys put on a great show!

5. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    It,s definitely one of my " must do" race sites ,,even tho i,m not home yet,,??let me tell you a story

Three weeks ago I left home for Detroit river classic ,, in Ohio I was run off the road and hit some bricks and curb stones ,I got a flat,I went to a tire store at 11 pm and waited until 9 am to get a new tire,,then off I went,,after that weekend I drove up to St Clair dropped off my boat,,monday went to the airport to fly home !! Atlanta was closed for tornadoes so delta flew me to boston at 9 pm then on to indy at 11 pm,,then was told to get a room until 5 am tuesday then I flew to nashville at 10 am onto atlanta at 2 pm then home to gainsville at 5 pm,,,,,,,,,,,thursday I fly out back to St Clair ,,got run over on the race course ,,left to go home at 7 pm at about 6 am monday I got two flats ( I guess the belts were broken from the runoff deal) I waited 12 hours for some tire guy who charged me 342 dollars a tire,,went to start the truck, and it would not start,,had it towed to buford ga, 360 dollars a diesel mech said i know what to do , I said fix it 2200 dollars later and thursday,he went to start it ,, and it over heated and blew out the antifreeze,,he said he could fix it 5900 dollars,!!! I said bull ****,,I called a wrecker to pull everything home,,the wrecker said 1200 dollars , i,ll do it tomorrow fri,,I said ok ,,friday morning a no show I called him ,,he said I need 1800 to tow it ,, I said bull ****,,,I rented a car,,, came home and got the old Deranged dually and a car hauler took back the rental car and brought home the truck saturday....and tonight i,m going back to buford to get my BOAT... MORAL TO THE STORY,,,, when someone wants 1500 to race a boat and you only have to fly in,,,,IT,S A DEAL,,,,, Have a great night to all..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    George you know you didn't get ran off the course. Brian after testing 70 some laps lost his way, Honest mistake. I bet it won't happen again. Come on he works for Fountain.

Other than that St Clair is awesome!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    George, your trip makes my truck story see not so bad!

Mark when are you going to get your new truck, in Knoxville?

St. Clair is definetly on of the top 5 race sites in the country!
    Ryan Beckley

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    It,s definitely one of my " must do" race sites ,,even tho i,m not home yet,,??let me tell you a story

Three weeks ago I left home for Detroit river classic ,, in Ohio I was run off the road and hit some bricks and curb stones ,I got a flat,I went to a tire store at 11 pm and waited until 9 am to get a new tire,,then off I went,,after that weekend I drove up to St Clair dropped off my boat,,monday went to the airport to fly home !! Atlanta was closed for tornadoes so delta flew me to boston at 9 pm then on to indy at 11 pm,,then was told to get a room until 5 am tuesday then I flew to nashville at 10 am onto atlanta at 2 pm then home to gainsville at 5 pm,,,,,,,,,,,thursday I fly out back to St Clair ,,got run over on the race course ,,left to go home at 7 pm at about 6 am monday I got two flats ( I guess the belts were broken from the runoff deal) I waited 12 hours for some tire guy who charged me 342 dollars a tire,,went to start the truck, and it would not start,,had it towed to buford ga, 360 dollars a diesel mech said i know what to do , I said fix it 2200 dollars later and thursday,he went to start it ,, and it over heated and blew out the antifreeze,,he said he could fix it 5900 dollars,!!! I said bull ****,,I called a wrecker to pull everything home,,the wrecker said 1200 dollars , i,ll do it tomorrow fri,,I said ok ,,friday morning a no show I called him ,,he said I need 1800 to tow it ,, I said bull ****,,,I rented a car,,, came home and got the old Deranged dually and a car hauler took back the rental car and brought home the truck saturday....and tonight i,m going back to buford to get my BOAT... MORAL TO THE STORY,,,, when someone wants 1500 to race a boat and you only have to fly in,,,,IT,S A DEAL,,,,, Have a great night to all..
    Wow George, that story rivals a Gino tale of woe and despair......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    I,m HOME WITH ALL MY STUFF !!! AND GOING TO BED !!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    George, your trip makes my truck story see not so bad!

Mark when are you going to get your new truck, in Knoxville?

St. Clair is definetly on of the top 5 race sites in the country!
    Talk to Jenni she is in charge of finance/PR (I got fired) and the semi. I'm just mechanics and tech. Dirt bike season is coming

11. Collapse Details

They need to get back to the longer race course like in the past and move the south turn back up closer to the Voyager where you can actually watch them race through the turns and then walk up the boardwalk and see them haul the mail. Just my opinion and liked the longer course back in 00' - 02' years the race site and area are a great venue for all and always will be.

12. Collapse Details

The short course allows better viewing and drives fans to the boardwalk and out of the private backyard parties, which in turn leads to more beer sales. BTW even on the short course we ran our big wheels and reached the fastest speeds we have seen in a race yet.

13. Collapse Details

One of the few races that I have brought my family too (a few years back)
    AWESOME
    We were treated so nice by the racers and other fans it was unreal.
    Back then Porter's Pipe Dream raced a Phantom and stayed in the same hotel as we did along with a few other teams. But EVERY Team we met was fantastic! Still got my Porter T-shirt. Handed them to everyone in my family. My son was only 3 or 4 then and got on TV behind the wheel of an Advantage. Still have a ton of pics with us each all over a bunch of race boats. We took my lil' 16-17 foot Chris Craft down there and launched thru the channel as all the race boats headed out. Super footage of us next to Baker Racing's Skater and Cat Can Do. We have been to Grand Haven and Muskegon as we live on this side of the state, but wife and son still have great rants on how friendly everyone was when we went to St. Clair. Thanks to anyone who may have been there WAY back when!!