Thread: 103 in an svl ?

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    A this thread should be closed and anything that needs to be disused should be done on a conference call.
    If bruce serroff says ,close it ,Klaatu shall comply .

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    QUOTE=MANITIE;514144]Thanks for the compliment on my spelling...

Bruce hooked me up 3 years on hooked on phonics for X-MAS...
    Now if you can help me on my driving...
    Gino youre driving is exceptional ,no cut there.
    Youre skill,s with italian waitresses could use some attn: however [/QUOTE]

I forgot all about that...see ya in Key West...
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

3. Collapse Details

I agree with 2TR

this is crazy...nothin will get solved on this forum.

keep goin, if you must.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Then if you never cut anybody off in all you racers....you are better then a lot of racers...
    What about that patented "snake wake" move that has intimidated so many racers over the years? Sorry Jimmy, could not pass up the opportunity to lighten the mood.

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    subject is closed!

(by the way ,george you need a new driver )
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 07-30-2010 at 08:34 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    It is what it is..

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    .....this thread should be closed and anything that needs to be disused should be done on a conference call.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVL66 View Post
    ....I agree with 2TR

this is crazy...nothin will get solved on this forum.

keep goin, if you must.

Actually, considering the subject, I think everyone has done well to this point. I was there.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    [QUOTE=MANITIE;514134]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post

Mark....don't get defensive on my comments..
    I asked if I can run a exibition race with you to see how the Ilmor will compair...
    I asked Smitty when I bought the 27 FOOT boat that I will be putting in the Ilmor and what class will I run in...
    He told me most boats in Class 5 are running between 570 to close to 700hp... I have 625....and was told I would fit into class 5...I also said if any teams have a problem with that I will move into class 4...all of the teams have said they have no problem with that...

So I followed the rules....went threw the officals got there approvel...and even with that I still said even if any of the Class 5 guys have any probems I will still move up in class....
    You can confirm this with Smitty and all the Class 5 guys...

Just following the rules...sorry its not go enough for you....but if its good enough for the sport and the guys in the class...then thats all I'm worried about..

I don't mind you in Class 5 Gino somebody has to run at the back of the pack....
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Gino,

Sorry I am angry. But do you think Jimmy and I should have played bumper boat with a 17 year old girl in the boat?

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    Were looking foward to racing in Moorehead City for the 1st time........we heard it was great site
    Gino, glad to hear you are coming to Morehead! This year is going to be our best yet with many new additions! Please send me a pm or e-mail (djones952@ec.rr.com) with your spacing requirements for the pits at your convenience. Thanks and I look forward to meeting you in Sept.

http://www.crystalcoastgrandprix.com/

DJ

11. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Tyler Crockett;514251]

I don't mind you in Class 5 Gino somebody has to run at the back of the pack....
    Thanks Tyler....someone has to take the footage of you running up front...plus Jim said he like the watch the class 5 guys race...so he likes running in the back for a better view....

BRING THE ROCKET TO PATCHAQUE...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 07-31-2010 at 10:15 AM.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Gino,

Sorry I am angry. But do you think Jimmy and I should have played bumper boat with a 17 year old girl in the boat?
    Mark...I understand...and I'm not saying I don't see your point...I do...
    I don't like running deck to deck with any boat that I do not feel comfortable with that I have not been racing with for a while...

You have a lot of passion for this sport...and you speak your mind...

Whatever the outcome is in that race...you guys just need to move on and keep the class growing...
    I think once you guys put out a rule book and set the tech parimeters that will be enforced at every race....things will get better...they will just have to comply or race somewhere else...

But also looking in from the outside....and I DO NOT CONDONE cutting someone off that could cause a accident and put lives in jeoperdy...
    But I think Doc dose not want his daugthers life in jeoperdy in a race....when he knows how dangerous this sport is...

But like T2R said a violation is a violation weather on purpose or accident...

Hope to see you guys soon again...and maybe one day race against you guys....

In light (if there can be some in this situation)...at least you were not chasing Brian around with a plasitic baseball bat like Joey was doing for being cut off in turn one....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 07-31-2010 at 10:27 AM.

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I understand a ruling has been made.. I received the info second hand . All I can say is I am disappointed that a dangerous act on the race course was penalized the same as a conduct violation after the race.

Thanks to everyone at St Clair for having us. Best of luck to you all in the future.

14. Collapse Details

Jim....whatever the outcome...you guys cannot get discourage...

Where are the SVL's next race at....

15. Collapse Details

who are the officials who made the desicion? since it must be fairly black and white after 3 teams protested and the ruling stayed the same, maybe they should post those pics/video they used to make their ruling. what would be the problem with that, unless they were possibly influenced by somebody or money.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baldtires View Post
    who are the officials who made the desicion? since it must be fairly black and white after 3 teams protested and the ruling stayed the same, maybe they should post those pics/video they used to make their ruling. what would be the problem with that, unless they were possibly influenced by somebody or money.
    Dude....you sure like to accuse a lot of people out there...1st Fountain even when some of the SVL teams themselves said the speed of the Fountain was not the issue...and now the officals...possible being paid off or influenced by someone else...
    Maybe you sould first start racing...before you try to slamm officals and teams...

17. Collapse Details

im just saying, it would or could shut everybody up. are you saying its not possible for people in offshore racing to be paid off or influenced? if there is nothing to hide, show everybody how the ruling was made. i dont think thats asking too much.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baldtires View Post
    im just saying, it would or could shut everybody up. are you saying its not possible for people in offshore racing to be paid off or influenced? if there is nothing to hide, show everybody how the ruling was made. i dont think thats asking too much.
    The officals discuss these things and decisions with the teams involved...

You did say you used to race...right..

19. Collapse Details

On course infraction issues pose the most difficult challenges for race officials. Rule in favor of the alleged violator and you are accused of favoring a sponsor, friend, potential sponsor, etc. Punish the violator and risk losing the sponsor, a race team, etc. At the end of the day the sanctioning body must try do the right thing and let the chips fall where they may.

As for the controversy surrounding the Fountain SVL boat, like it or not, the class has no one to blame but themselves. No rules, no enforcement structure = chaos. Do not blame Smitty for the mess you created. This problem goes way beyond a course infraction. You knowingly allowed a gun into a knife fight and now you are complaining because the gunman slapped you in the face and knocked the knives out of your hands before shooting you. No matter what, he still was going to win the fight and likely will win every other fight from here on out.

Seems to me your options at this point are clear:

1. Race around and take your medicine.
    2. Quit.
    3. Start over, but do it quickly and decisively before too many of you choose option #2.

20. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=MANITIE;514294]The officals discuss these things and decisions with the teams involved...

so you are saying that after the officials discussed it with the teams, the teams protesting, now feel that there was no issue with driving/sportman like conduct? im going to guess that they still feel the way they have all along. having the officials explain how they came up with the decision could be a checks and balance type thing. im not accusing anybody of anything. but if there is nothing to hide, whats the harm in showing the public.