Thread: 103 in an svl ?

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moorehead boater View Post
    ===========
    .... an articulate response,,,.("KNOW MATER HOW MUCH MONEY GOD THINKS HE HAS,,,HELL IS NEAR") ,,,I could quote you at Church today,, but I do not think they know you anyway ????
    Morehead ,,were probably talking about different Gods,!! sorry !!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    that would be awesome,,, but right now ,,were not going to run v-10 against v-8 ,,,,without some testing first ,,,, it would be a serious torque issue,,
    Fair enough..but let me know...I have the closest thing out there to a SVL without a lid to compair to ...weight, setup, no mods to the hull...onlything I don't have is a extension box...which we could put on...and a lid..
    We could compair acceleration 70 - 80, 80 - 90, 70 - 90 and top end.. or what ever you want...even a SVL guys can throttle it so there is no sandbagging....

That was one of the reaason for the exibition...if not maybe we can run against you or Mark during testing and compair and put a SVL guy on the throttles..

Just a tought...if its a bad idea...say so and I will go away....
    Last edited by MANITIE; 08-01-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moorehead boater View Post
    How is the Watch Your Back Boat gaining speed?

T-4: Testing , Testing, Testing and Testing

I saw that boat here testing in the big water, before Sunny Isles,,,
    and they were prepared for that OPA race,,,,,,

My buddie at LOTO, watched that fountain SVL being tested for a couple of weeks in early July,,,, ( and they were detained by the water patrol a couple of times!!)

Last weekend, I bet they ran over 50 laps testing over two days,,,,,,,,
    I passed them driving out to the highway for fuel a ( 3 Times) ,,,,,

The fountain team does there home work and tests more than any other boat that I have seen at an event,, Hope the fleet comes to our SBI event in September,,,,

Remember Key West ( 09) , Doc-Brain had that Stampede boat out there testing from opening to close,,, and eventually won on the last day with a perfect set up,,,,,,,,,,

Hats off to the Fountain,,,,, being prepared in a tough class,

"Those that fail to prepare are preparing to fail"
    It is pretty amazing that somehow after all that testing, turning more laps than anyone, and racing just minutes before Brian Forehand/Doc Jasson team lost there way on the race course. Maybe a eye examine is needed at physicals. I know a lie detector is.

4. Collapse Details

Did I read somewhere that Janssen's crew told race officials that they would be sued if they inspected the boat? I may have read that incorrectly........
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    Did I read somewhere that Janssen's crew told race officials that they would be sued if they inspected the boat? I may have read that incorrectly........
    No lawyer would prosecute a case of that kind. And if any dork boat racer ever makes such a threat then the sanctioning body should throw the blowhard out forever.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    No lawyer would prosecute a case of that kind. And if any dork boat racer ever makes such a threat then the sanctioning body should throw the blowhard out forever.

7. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    We have had rules in place for the last 5 years in OSS in our class. I thought that the SVL class was all racing under the OSS rules only. At the beginning of the year that is what we all agreed on. So whats the problem? Hull modifications and drive gear ratios are the only thing that are in question that I know of. We all elected on one gear ratio of 1:50 only and hull modifications seem to be a issue that needs to be resolved. Our class has decided to race where ever we want and not say we were soly any one organization. (bad for any organization in my opinion) but thats were we went. Now we are asking tec from OPA and SBI who arent sure what rules to follow. Shame on us for putting them in that situation. We need to let everyone know we only race the OSS rules in our class.THERE ARE RULES we are just not following them or inforcing them. If you all want hard fast rules dont cry if your boats dont pass tec inspection. It will cut our fleet in half and leave us back to 4-5 boats. What sucks about boat racing is if you dont get your way in a org. most people pack up and move on to the next org. and the next and the next till they quit. Our class is better than that I would hope. Lets all man up and get our class back on track. One bad day of racing shouldnt have this kind of result.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Ten of us have, for the past 9 years raced ,,without any issues to the rules,,,,sooo who or what is giving the class a problem,,,were all racing inside a box ,, and someone else does not want to conform,,,like in sunny isles,,,(,your not looking at my boat,),,,if one of us were to say that we would have been dq.d in a minute,,,

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    If it were up to me,,{Yes I know its not} I would inspect the boats before the race. It would allow a thorough inspection before hand. The easy stuff like props and gear ratios can be checked post race.. No inspection....Just roll you stuff out of the pits and go home.
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 08-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    If it were up to me,,{Yes I know its not} I would inspect the boats before the race. It would allow a thorough inspection before hand. The easy stuff like props and gear ratios can be checked post race.. No inspection....Just roll you stuff out of the pits and go home.
    What if you randomly draw a boat name at the morning meeting, with the "winner" of the drawing having to undergo a more stringent inspection prior to, or after, the race. Basically, at every race, one random boat is going to be checked out THOROUGHLY.

They all get checked out on a basic level, but everyone rolls into the pits not knowing if they are going to be "under the microscope" at that race.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    How many paid inspector's does each org have???
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Jimmy
    That is the best approach with post race inspection on the top placing boats. The problem is the cost you would need 2 dedicated staff for a 10 boat SVL fleet.

I have read Asif wants to be like Bernie E. of Formula 1. It seems he is forgetting that Bernie could not have done it without Max Mosley.
    Steve

13. Collapse Details

Food for SVL team owners' collective thought:

1. Decide what you want from your class. Do you want to grow into a professional racing series or do you want to have a club?

2. A club is easy. Create rules and decide who you want in or out. Have fun. (This is what I thought you guys were trying to do at the beginning of the year)

3. A professional racing series is hard. Expensive and requires independent support personnel and a leader/decision maker who is NOT a racer.

Honestly, I do not believe you can have both or even a hybrid, which I think is what is causing your grief now.

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Do you have Ilmor stickers all over your car yet...and that big banner on your front pourch like I asked you to...

Romor has it ..if Ilmor is let in... there racing camp will be in Fl....New Port Richey to be exact..
    I will if you send me some !

Over the past few months ,i,ve been reading about , worn out 525,s ,cracked block on one etc. They were great motors ,but now with out the support from merc , Why not try a new engine package?
    I mean many of these hulls came from big power back in their A - class days right . So why not again? New motors seem to be in order shorly anyway for most .

Get ilmore to give the " white "boat a reasonable deal to switch out the old 496 .Geeze ,who better to do the test .They have not blown a motor that I know of in ten years . And the hull still fits the original mold .Should be fun to watch it take reggie out .

( by the way these are my opinions only )

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Mike and Steve, We have reached a point where we agree.

I long for #3. I understand the reward of purse money and the enforcement of the rules go hand and hand.. Purse money without enforcement doesn't work any better then enforcement without purse money.

The story remains the same only some of the names have changed..... I am so sick of the Golden Rule..

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    subject is closed!

(by the way ,george you need a new driver )
    Jimmy This comment was in jest , I dont have a mean bone in my body .
    ( I just dont do well with moderators after the "SPEEDGIRL fiasco,s on the other site ! LOL .

Thats nice to see you agree with Mike A annd steve for sure

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    Jimmy This comment was in jest , I dont have a mean bone in my body .
    ( I just dont do well with moderators after the "SPEEDGIRL fiasco,s on the other site ! LOL .

Thats nice to see you agree with Mike A annd steve for sure
    This is not the "Other Place" for sure. And Jimbo is pretty well respected around here. But we all enjoy a good old fashioned disagreement. As long as it stays on topic (for the most part), and does not become personal. Welcome to the SERIOUS side of internet boating.
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

18. Collapse Details

Although it is Doctor Janssen's team policy not to get involved in internet bantering we feel it is important to put to rest some of the unfounded accusations being circulated on this forum

1) A lawsuit was threatened to a race organization if they inspected the "Watch Your Back" Fountain

Completely false. After the boat had been measured by OSS officials and determined completely legal Doc was told that a letter from OSS stating such would be sufficient for OPA for inspection purposes at Sunny Isles. When the OPA official was going to perform his prerace inspection Doc gave him the letter. The official requested to measure the boat anyhow. Doc agreed but reminded him that any proprietary information (that belonged to Fountain Powerboats) concerning the measurements of the bottom were made public that it may create legal issues. The boat was measured with Reggie Fountain present and found to be 100% legal. The boat has been inspected at every race it has participated in. There was a request by another RACE TEAM to inspect the boat but the request was denied.

2)The motor hatch was opened after a race but prior to post race inspection

Again not true...after Biloxi the hatch has been taped and signed prior to all race starts...the hatch was taped prior to being craned out by an OSS Official in Biloxi

3)The Fountain intentionally at the start of the race in ST. Clair attempted to run three other boats off the course

Both the driver and the throttleperson have admitted that in the heat of the moment they made a navigational error and were running toward turn marker 2 vs 1 (an error that many veteran teams have made)....Doc Janssen and the team issued a formal letter of apology to the other boats affected and the OPA

In closing the Fountain Watch Your Back SVL has been subjected to more scrutiny and inspections than any boat in it's class and thus far has had zero infractions. The officials from OPA have gone on to say that if the OSS rules (the agreed upon rules for the SVL's)were enforced to letter of the law only three boats would be legal with the Fountain being one of them

It is clear from the attached quote the level of professionalism we are dealing with here from some of our fellow racers (make sure to go to the link)

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    https://www.bordergatewayprotocol.ne...imations/1.swf

LAUGH NOW !! THE RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED !!

THE FUTURE IS HERE ,, PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN ...!!

I KNOW ,,,,,"" ( YOUR GOING TO SUE ME ) ""

MIKE,,, A MAN WITH A KNIFE,,,CAN TAKE OUT A MAN WITH A GUN,,,
    YOU JUST NEED TO GET ,,,,,,,CLOSE,,,,,,?????
    Thank-you for taking the time to read this post

TEAM CEM
    Last edited by Bullhead; 08-02-2010 at 05:39 PM.

19. Collapse Details

so they admitted to cutting off the boats, but still was not disqualified? how does that work? accident or not, still broke the rules. i think any new boat of any manfacture would be scrutinized more then the others at first, especially when its a new one off boat which they tried to keep secret as long as they could. just my 2 cents

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhead View Post
    ...the Fountain Watch Your Back SVL has been subjected to more scrutiny and inspections than any boat in it's class...

Exactly how would you know this to be the case? Maybe you just have a persecution complex.