Thread: 103 in an svl ?

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Gino , lets get a few things cleared up. I follow the instructions at a drivers meeting. I have never been in a boat that contacted another boat and I have never run anybody off a race course.

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing View Post
    A decision will be made by the end of the day. An Email will go out to the teams.

Well?
    Boat-less...

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Nothing yet.

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    Jim I was more concered about hitting the channel marker, and making sure Octane had a little bit of room to work with.
    Mark...thats a $hitty posision to be in...I have been there...along with a lot of racers...I remember Mark K telling me in K.W. that him and Randy in F1 were coming into Maliery Square passing 2 F2 boats and coming up on the cement pole..and no room for them all to get by...Mark said it was like playing chicken...and the bigger boats were sopposta to be on the outside...
    Mark said...sometimes you just have to let up for safety...
    I also got pushed out into that same cement pole in a race in P-3..the boat on the inside used it to get us to come off the throttles and tuck behine them..
    Every races has come across this one time or another...some teams alot more then others....
    Again...I'm not condoning it at all...I've learned to expect it...and if it dose not happen...your that much luckyer...

I hope you guys get passed this and move on....

Again...I was there in the big F1 crash in Marathon...no one lifts going into turn one...and the rest was history....guys are not going to mantain there lanes..it going to happen...not everytime...but its going to happen..
    2009 Activator/ Powered by ILMOR
    #540 Boat Responsibly Racing
    Presented by your U.S. Coast Guard

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Gino , lets get a few things cleared up. I follow the instructions at a drivers meeting. I have never been in a boat that contacted another boat and I have never run anybody off a race course.
    Jim....my points are...
    Have you ever seen this happen in all your races you have been in?
    And is trading paint legal in your rule book?

Thats what I asked you...

If you are going to have a class that is very big on safety on the course and you want enforcing of the rules for safety.....then the first thing is...you might want to take the trading paint out of you class as legal....

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    [QUOTE=MANITIE;514102]
    I asked you on Friday when are the SVL guys going to let me run as a exibition to see how the Ilmor 625 wiil run with the 525's ..

Why not step up to P-4 and race Simmons first. Let me guess Your chasing points. Crazy Chicken raced them well with 125 less hp

We lapped p4 and p5 at Sunny Isles and just broke 75mph and ran 3rd place. Might need to send your boat to Fountain first and get the 100mph program.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Then if you never cut anybody off in all you racers....you are better then a lot of racers...

8. Collapse Details

From SBI rule book
    4. Safety takes precedence over racing. Racers that may endanger another boat, person, or any other property maybe disqualified.

From OSS rule book
    6. Starting
    (a) Not lined up properly (ahead of the starting fleet) - 1 minute penalty
    (b) Closer than 100’ to paceboat – 1 minute penalty
    (c) Not holding lane before official start – 1 minute penalty
    (d) Cutting off / crowding pace boat after official start – 1 minute penalty
    7. Course Infractions
    (a) No penalty shall be issued for a course infraction unless the infraction was
    observed by an OSS official.
    (a) Any raceboat that passes closer than 50 yards to any paceboat, patrol boat,
    medical boat, tow boat or turn boat shall be subject to a fine not to exceed
    $1000.00, loss of points and/or disqualification from the event.

OSS General 29: COURSE INFRACTIONS
    1. Course infractions can only be judged by the race officials and may not be
    protested by a racer.

(c) Any violation of the published OSS rules and regulations that is considered by
    the Chief Referee to be of major importance, consumption of alcoholic beverages
    on race day prior to the awards presentation, any action determined to be against
    the best interests of OSS or unsportsmanlike conduct shall subject the offender
    to probation, loss of points, fines, disqualification from the event, suspension
    from OSS or any combination of the afore mentioned penalties at the discretion of
    the Chief Referee. (Unsportsmanlike conduct shall be defined as but not limited
    to: public intoxication or under the influence of any drug substance that causes
    impairment of physical or mental functions, fighting, intentional aggressive or
    reckless driving on the race course, verbal abuse, public criticism, malicious or
    false accusations or improper conduct toward any OSS member or official and
    public criticism of OSS) Note: Negative comments, criticism or threats of any
    kind, directed towards OSS, its employees, officials or members on any public
    forum (public forums shall be defined as, but not limited to, newspapers, radio,
    television, public or private internet websites/forums/chat rooms, etc.) shall be
    considered unsportsmanlike conduct.
    (d) If no specific penalty has been assigned to a rule infraction, then the Chief
    Referee may impose a penalty commensurate with the infraction. Position
    penalties are not legal in OSS.
    (e) Race contestants causing unsafe conditions while racing or testing or at any
    time while an OSS sanction is in force shall be penalized at the discretion of the
    Chief Referee.

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Gino, honestly, you have no dog in this fight, why would you keep dragging this out? Let OPA and the SVL guys work it out.
    Ryan Beckley

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    Mark...thats a $hitty posision to be in...I have been there...along with a lot of racers...I remember Mark K telling me in K.W. that him and Randy in F1 were coming into Maliery Square passing 2 F2 boats and coming up on the cement pole..and no room for them all to get by...Mark said it was like playing chicken...and the bigger boats were sopposta to be on the outside...
    Mark said...sometimes you just have to let up for safety...
    I also got pushed out into that same cement pole in a race in P-3..the boat on the inside used it to get us to come off the throttles and tuck behine them..
    Every races has come across this one time or another...some teams alot more then others....
    Again...I'm not condoning it at all...I've learned to expect it...and if it dose not happen...your that much luckyer...

I hope you guys get passed this and move on....

Again...I was there in the big F1 crash in Marathon...no one lifts going into turn one...and the rest was history....guys are not going to mantain there lanes..it going to happen...not everytime...but its going to happen..
    What part of mantain lane to turn one do you not understand.

THAT WAS THE RULE OF THE DAY

Is Jenni going to have to get the helmet out for ya

11. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Dunbar 104;514127]
    I asked you on Friday when are the SVL guys going to let me run as a exibition to see how the Ilmor 625 wiil run with the 525's ..

Why not step up to P-4 and race Simmons first. Let me guess Your chasing points. Crazy Chicken raced them well with 125 less hp

We lapped p4 and p5 at Sunny Isles and just broke 75mph and ran 3rd place. Might need to send your boat to Fountain first and get the 100mph program.
    Mark....don't get defensive on my comments..
    I asked if I can run a exibition race with you to see how the Ilmor will compair...
    I asked Smitty when I bought the 27 FOOT boat that I will be putting in the Ilmor and what class will I run in...
    He told me most boats in Class 5 are running between 570 to close to 700hp... I have 625....and was told I would fit into class 5...I also said if any teams have a problem with that I will move into class 4...all of the teams have said they have no problem with that...

So I followed the rules....went threw the officals got there approvel...and even with that I still said even if any of the Class 5 guys have any probems I will still move up in class....
    You can confirm this with Smitty and all the Class 5 guys...

Just following the rules...sorry its not go enough for you....but if its good enough for the sport and the guys in the class...then thats all I'm worried about..
    Last edited by MANITIE; 07-30-2010 at 01:45 PM.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
    Gino, honestly, you have no dog in this fight, why would you keep dragging this out? Let OPA and the SVL guys work it out.

Ryan...you are right...and again...I complimented a new racers..

Since then I have listen to all this safety....

But I'm told" you dont want to run with these guys...they like to trade paint"
    So what I cannot comment on the safety...

I'm asked...why I'm racing in class 5....so what I should not answer him...

13. Collapse Details

Mark....I know he rules....and I'm not against them....

I have told you that...

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    The best best part of this thread as I see it , is Gino ,s spelling has improved beyond his driving skill's which says a lot !

( George please go back and preside over youre class ,youre demeaner did well ,dont let tempers destroy what you built back up . )

Oh Yeah did I mention putting the ilmore in the White boat ? Make a deal ,it'll be fun to watch the white boat go after reggie ,yee haw

15. Collapse Details

Buy the way...I still wear my helmet from my school days....save Jen the trip...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 07-30-2010 at 01:59 PM.

16. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=MANITIE;514134]

Mark....don't get defensive on my comments..
    I asked if I can run a exibition race with you to see how the Ilmor will compair...
    I asked Smitty when I bought the 27 FOOT boat that I will be putting in the Ilmor and what class will I run in...
    He told me most boats in Class 5 are running between 570 to close to 700hp... I have 625....and was told I would fit into class 5...I also said if any teams have a problem with that I will move into class 4...all of the teams have said they have no problem with that...

So I followed the rules....went threw the officals got there approvel...and even with that I still said even if any of the Class 5 guys have any probems I will still move up in class....
    You can confirm this with Smitty and all the Class 5 guys...

Just following the rules...sorry its not go enough for you....but if its good enough for the sport and the guys in the class...then thats all I'm worried about..
    You can put a 1000hp in a p-5 I don't care.

Just saying you want to race with us for what reason?

If you have the need to go faster than race p-4.

Do you want to show us up?

Just trying to figure out you logic?????

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    The best best part of this thread as I see it , is Gino ,s spelling has improved beyond his driving skill's which says a lot !

( George please go back and preside over youre class ,youre demeaner did well ,dont let tempers destroy what you built back up . )

Oh Yeah did I mention putting the ilmore in the White boat ? Make a deal ,it'll be fun to watch the white boat go after reggie ,yee haw
    Thanks for the compliment on my spelling...

Bruce hooked me up 3 years on hooked on phonics for X-MAS...
    Now if you can help me on my driving...

18. Collapse Details

A violation of the rules is still a violation of the rules if it was done intentional or not. By her own admittance she said ‘I thought that channel marker was the turn buoy” or something along that lines.

So she admitted to cutting off the field, it was not on purpose or done with intent. But it was done.

That’s were I stand on that..

As far as the way you guys are acting online, it’s embarrassing and this thread should be closed and anything that needs to be disused should be done on a conference call.

19. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Dunbar 104;514143]

You can put a 1000hp in a p-5 I don't care.

Just saying you want to race with us for what reason?

If you have the need to go faster than race p-4.

Do you want to show us up?

Just trying to figure out you logic?????
    The logic is simple...racing and opening up the door to Ilmor....another engine manufacture that wants into racing...with Merc pulling out of racing support I think it could be a good thing for them to get in....call it I'm bias because I'm running there engine...or actually looking to maybe better the sport...

Showing you up?....how can that even be possible..I asked you in a email..
    I have a open cockpit boat...that was a 84 mph with over 575+hp..I now have a 625hp...I have no extention box and no restraints...your running 94+ in race set up....there is no way I can run with you guys...
    I have asked to run a exibition to get Ilmor out there and maybe you guys would consider letting them in...

I thought this would be good for the sport....SC have differant engine manufatures and you have even heard some SVL guys would go to the Ilmor...there are 2 SVL teams that will run the Ilmor I have talk to if they are let in.
    Again...Im I bias on asking this...of couse...I want to continue to run the Ilmor...I will race were the biggest offshore class is.currently Class 5 (11 boats) and SVL (10 boats).

Mark...Why would me running a exibition in your class with the Ilmor be a bad thing...
    1: you get another boat out
    2: I said I will stay out of your way and get no points or money
    3: The fans get to see another engine manufacure along with the racers

That was my logic....

It may be a stupid idea...but I thought it might just be a plus for everyone in our sport....

Sorry for the suggestion...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 07-30-2010 at 04:42 PM.

20. Collapse Details

Registered
    QUOTE=MANITIE;514144]Thanks for the compliment on my spelling...

Bruce hooked me up 3 years on hooked on phonics for X-MAS...
    Now if you can help me on my driving...[/QUOTE]

Gino youre driving is exceptional ,no cut there.
    Youre skill,s with italian waitresses could use some attn: however