Thread: 2010 Shoot Out

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    The only sleds that matter... MINE.... screw the apex bull $hit! LOL

BTW, I still like knowing that when my battery dies that I can still pull start mine, can you do that with yours?

Thanks for the info, I'll run the formula info and see what I get.
    nope, but the battery won't die or I can jump it from another sled. I can tell you my sled has NEVER left me in the woods!!! Can you run 8K miles on the orginal engine. I figure that the motor would be ready for its second or third rebuild by then.

2. Collapse Details

8K...HELL NO! I barely got 2400 till I lost the crank but then again its either wide open or off with me on the trails so cant blame it on the motor lol. I would entertain the idea on a 4 stroker but then again... I love the oil/fuel mix all to much to give it up... screw the EPA!

3. Collapse Details

Todd...looks like you are NOW going to have to put up with us in the winter as well. I just went 4-stroke...can't wait to run it!

4. Collapse Details

Tell me you at least went ski doo and not the yamalog crap...lol

whatcha runnin?
    Last edited by teamsynergy; 08-25-2010 at 11:18 AM.

5. Collapse Details

Wife is on a Yami - it's what Queen's ride. I got this last April and it has .3 miles on it:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1200.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Yeah baby.... I assume its the 1200, not the baby 600 ace? You'll love it. I rode one last year in the UP for a week... very nice. Then I came home and had to replace the crank in my 08 800r XP. I wanted to ****can the 800 but I cant bring myself to get rid of the 2 strokes yet.... maybe in a few more years but not yet!

7. Collapse Details

I rode Twin Whackas 1200 and liked it, then rode another buddy's this winter and liked it more. My XP800 was the bomb-diggity...LOVED the sled and it gave me no problems at all...but I wanted the reliability of the 4-stroke, and since I already had one (wife's RS Vector), I'd get another.

Oh yeah...its still August...the thread is about the Shootout...and we're talkin' sleds! Hahaha!

Twin Lakes for the Christmas-New Year week, anyone? Phil the f'n jerk is in!

8. Collapse Details

8K...HELL NO! I barely got 2400 till I lost the crank but then again its either wide open or off with me on the trails so cant blame it on the motor lol. I would entertain the idea on a 4 stroker but then again... I love the oil/fuel mix all to much to give it up... screw the EPA!
    My point extactly, I got 9k in mine and its spends the majority of the time riding bar to bar with the flipper mashed down. Sounds like if I jumped back on a mustard bucket I would be on my 3rd sled

9. Collapse Details

Tell me you at least went ski doo and not the yamalog crap...lol

whatcha runnin?
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Wife is on a Yami - it's what Queen's ride. I got this last April and it has .3 miles on it:
    Michele has all the class in the family. GO BLUE

Love ya Tall Mike!!!!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    I rode Twin Whackas 1200 and liked it, then rode another buddy's this winter and liked it more. My XP800 was the bomb-diggity...LOVED the sled and it gave me no problems at all...but I wanted the reliability of the 4-stroke, and since I already had one (wife's RS Vector), I'd get another.

Oh yeah...its still August...the thread is about the Shootout...and we're talkin' sleds! Hahaha!

Twin Lakes for the Christmas-New Year week, anyone? Phil the f'n jerk is in!
    F that guy phil, tell him stay home and send the misses!!!!

I really like the 1200's just not fast enough outa the box for me

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    My point extactly, I got 9k in mine and its spends the majority of the time riding bar to bar with the flipper mashed down. Sounds like if I jumped back on a mustard bucket I would be on my 3rd sled
    So when you say flipper... you mean brake lever? All kiddin' aside Skidoo has hopefully got their $hit together on these new 800etecs. There were/are known crank problems on the 800r's especially if you ride'm hard and fast....

12. Collapse Details

You can always have the best of both worlds and buy a polaris. A two stroke that lasts like a 4 stroke and a superb suspension. Of course that would mean you would have to buy american. Not some pansy a$$ french canadian crap (skippy doo) or the japs revenge for the A-Bomb (yamaha).

Pretty soon skidoos biggest sled out will be the size of a mini z and weigh as much as a paper airplane. All the doo riders will just keep complaining that their pansy a$$es cant manuever the sled cuz its too heavy. I hear skidoo is gonna start making a snow trail version of a segway.

As for yamaha, sure their reliable. But so is andy's john deere lawn tractor, although the handling and suspension award would have to go to the lawn tractor.

Arctic cat is sweet, but its time their customers hang up the lime green and black leather jackets and lose the mullets.

ZING! Now this is coming from a guy who rides in the rear of the pack, and prefers sitting in a hottub sipping goose while in the U.P. and no longer even owns a sled...lol Just stirring the pot for you guys!!

13. Collapse Details

Yours spent some time as well swimming with the fishes as well!!!! LOL

14. Collapse Details

So when you say flipper... you mean brake lever? All kiddin' aside Skidoo has hopefully got their $hit together on these new 800etecs. There were/are known crank problems on the 800r's especially if you ride'm hard and fast....
    thats the flipper he's talking about!!

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    That sled smells like a Bluegill going down the trail!

16. Collapse Details

I was going to say asian carp but whatever floats your boat lol...

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    That sled smells like a Bluegill going down the trail!
    Don't need brake with the engine braking. Yep she likes to
    swim! But after a night in the lake and 8k miles of me riding no one has ever waited for me when riding, unless I was on a beer or smoke break

18. Collapse Details

Don't need brake with the engine braking. Yep she likes to
    swim! But after a night in the lake and 8k miles of me riding no one has ever waited for me when riding, unless I was on a beer or smoke break
    Looking forward to putting my skillz to the test to see if I can "hang" with you boyz this winter....

19. Collapse Details

How bout crusing the gut of ishpming in da beagle. Good ti
    es

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    You can always have the best of both worlds and buy a polaris. A two stroke that lasts like a 4 stroke and a superb suspension. Of course that would mean you would have to buy american. Not some pansy a$$ french canadian crap (skippy doo) or the japs revenge for the A-Bomb (yamaha).

Pretty soon skidoos biggest sled out will be the size of a mini z and weigh as much as a paper airplane. All the doo riders will just keep complaining that their pansy a$$es cant manuever the sled cuz its too heavy. I hear skidoo is gonna start making a snow trail version of a segway.

As for yamaha, sure their reliable. But so is andy's john deere lawn tractor, although the handling and suspension award would have to go to the lawn tractor.

Arctic cat is sweet, but its time their customers hang up the lime green and black leather jackets and lose the mullets.

ZING! Now this is coming from a guy who rides in the rear of the pack, and prefers sitting in a hottub sipping goose while in the U.P. and no longer even owns a sled...lol Just stirring the pot for you guys!!

20. Collapse Details

Looking forward to putting my skillz to the test to see if I can "hang" with you boyz this winter....
    You won like riding with me I do my best riding on a bar stool. Im too old for all this high mileage stuff!!!!