Thread: 2010 Shoot Out

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Phone Call
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    O trust me I do, you get your wheel yet????
    To Be Made! .

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    To Be Made! .
    Rut row!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Freeze Frame Is on On The Way Tonite we will shoot the event make photos all week photos will be posted every nite sootout and skaterfest jeff

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Freezeframevideo View Post
    Freeze Frame Is on On The Way Tonite we will shoot the event make photos all week photos will be posted every nite sootout and skaterfest jeff

Awesome...thanks for the coverage!

5. Collapse Details

We're out... thanks to a damn cam lobe... but... nows the time to add more power muhahahahaha...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by teamsynergy View Post
    We're out... thanks to a damn cam lobe... but... nows the time to add more power muhahahahaha...
    Sorry to hear that Todd. More power is a good thing!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Are you out for Hardy as well? We've got some minor repairs to make on ole Twin Whacka's as well before then.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SC288 View Post
    Are you out for Hardy as well? We've got some minor repairs to make on ole Twin Whacka's as well before then.
    I would imagine not as he rounded off and came lobe. Both engines are coming out for a refresh, and some goodies.

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That sucks.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

Bummer dude! Didn't you say you were hearing something odd at Michigan City?

11. Collapse Details

Flat tappet cams need oil with lots of ZDDP. Like valvoline VR-1 racing, or Kendall racing "titanium". Extended idling kills them too, so a occasional shift into nuetral and throttling up with throw some oil on the cam lobes to keep them lubed...

Sorry to hear about your troubles...

12. Collapse Details

Yeah... I think we're done for at least a couple months. Pulling the hurt motor tomorrow and going to yank the heads to be freshened up by Jim Valeko. From there, start the tear down to get the cam out. ECM is getting sent out for re-flash and ording a customer grind hyd roller setup. Screw this flat tappet bull$hit! As far as oil goes, I was running the valvoline VR-1 20w50, it the only thing I have ever run in the boat however during the fun run, I did hear an occasional ticking noise coming from the port motor right where that lifter that ate the cam was at.... oh well. What are you gonna do?? Been doing some extended research on oils and thinking of switching over to Brad Penn oil... any thoughts?

After the hurt motor is complete, I will pull the other motor out and perform the same surgery...

13. Collapse Details

Yeah... I think we're done for at least a couple months. Pulling the hurt motor tomorrow and going to yank the heads to be freshened up by Jim Valeko. From there, start the tear down to get the cam out. ECM is getting sent out for re-flash and ording a customer grind hyd roller setup. Screw this flat tappet bull$hit! As far as oil goes, I was running the valvoline VR-1 20w50, it the only thing I have ever run in the boat however during the fun run, I did hear an occasional ticking noise coming from the port motor right where that lifter that ate the cam was at.... oh well. What are you gonna do?? Been doing some extended research on oils and thinking of switching over to Brad Penn oil... any thoughts?

After the hurt motor is complete, I will pull the other motor out and perform the same surgery...
    Brad Penn is some good stuff. Ive always used VR-1, but have switched to Kendall Titanium, but i do have roller cams. Wise choice going to Jimmy Valako for head work.

The custom roller sounds like a great upgrade for you. Its free HP just going to the roller, plus a more aggressive profile should wake things up. Might want to look into studding the rods, mains, and heads, some good head gaskets, and up the boost a bit too!

14. Collapse Details

Head gaskets are going to cometic and I think I am going bump the boost to 7psi. With the new ecm program, I am told that the engines will safely run it. From there, I am leaving them alone. The have low hours on them so I am not going to re-ring or bearing them unless I see evidence of major wear or damage. We are mid 90's now, I can only hope that this will push us to the 100 mark lol

15. Collapse Details

Sounds like a good deal! with the right tune the added boost should not be an issue at all...I still like head studs though.

16. Collapse Details

Yeah, at first, I was going to leave it as stock as I could and I still might do that as far as the boost goes. Just want them to be reliable and turn key. I'm just glad this didn't happen mid summer or I would really pissed as I scrambled around trying rush through getting it fixed. Thanks for the ideas Joe!

17. Collapse Details

I am a distributor for Amsoil and I can sell it too you pretty cheap, food for thought. Drop shipped directly to your house or shop, synethetic drive oil to bout!

18. Collapse Details

Yeah, I am a dealer as well, however, I just burn it in my sled and thats it. Good Point though... maybe I shoudl look into that...hmmmm

19. Collapse Details

Yeah, I am a dealer as well, however, I just burn it in my sled and thats it. Good Point though... maybe I shoudl look into that...hmmmm
    20w50 dominator comes to mind. Teague had into in the formulation of the one of the 20w50 oils, formulation for marine environment. They make sleds
    that still burn oil?????????????

20. Collapse Details

The only sleds that matter... MINE.... screw the apex bull $hit! LOL

BTW, I still like knowing that when my battery dies that I can still pull start mine, can you do that with yours?

Thanks for the info, I'll run the formula info and see what I get.