Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bluellama View Post
    Fund, If it's defamation, then it is wrong, whether it is Jay, Chris, or anyone else.
    The reason SOS was so great in the beginning was that regardless who posted the stuff I quoted, it would have come down.
    OSO lost accountability, and lost a lot of it's lustre, Donzi.net lost accountability and lost all of it's lustre, SOS started with a different ideal, and now it seems it has also lost it's way.

I find it a little curious that the only person on SOS who has posted on the thread I started was the member who posted the original content.

All his reply needed after the "I'll look into it" response was a sarcastic smilie.
    You have actually raised a very good point. I'm not sure what your intention was, or if you're on one side of the fence or the other (i.e., are you stirring chit, or is it a genuine comment on what you originally liked about this board). Please don't take that as accusatory at all, but there have been a lot of people that have shown up recently to be only accusatory about every action on this board. As for myself, I'm not defending anyone, I'm just myself, same as the first day I signed on to any of these boards.

Now, the only thing that I can think of to say to actually respond to your question of "why" certain things were let fly is because a lot of things were also let fly when accusations of members of this board were being made. Had those been struck down, this board would have been accused of hiding, and they were let fly. And there have since been a lot of things on both sides of this issue that have been let fly. To remove them would be accused of hiding them.
    Now, I'm not, or ever have been a Mod or Admin here or anywhere else, nor do I care to be. That being said, I'm only speaking from my perception of the whole rodeo here, and speaking for NO ONE but myself.
    It may have been that once some things were let fly, other things just kind of followed suit. Not an excuse, but it happens.

Now, the original asking of your question may or may not have been facetious, but it does raise a good point of how this board has lost one of it's core values.

But, on a lighter note, Bobcat's response that he "was looking into it" did make me laugh.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

Buoy, thanks for taking the time to thoughtfully answer my post.
    My comments on why I originally liked SOS are truthful. Remember the "bar" thread?
    You and I have exchanged posts on Julian, Rush, and other topics, and I appreciate you trying to shed some light on the problem.
    Fund, you were one of the reasons I left OSO and followed you over here, after a nasty weekend of racial posting on OSO I had enough of the non moderation of. You were a voice of reason then, you seemed to have lost your way. Hopefully everyone can get back to the place that made this feel like a neighbourhood bar, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    Last edited by bluellama; 07-27-2010 at 07:55 AM. Reason: clarity .... sorry

3. Collapse Details

My comments on why I originally liked SOS are truthful. Remember the "bar" thread?
    You and I have exchanged posts on Julian, Rush, and other topics, and I appreciate you trying to shed some light on the problem.
    Hopefully everyone can get back to the place that made this feel like a neighbourhood bar, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    I would like to believe that YOU, ME, and countless other people that previously frequented these boards all want to get back to the "neighborhood bar" that I referenced a few years ago. I don't have any interest in this battle either.
    But, as the doors where opened to everyone, so came some with a big 'ole helping of hate.
    I can't defend anyone but myself, and the fact that I am now considered an accomplice to some sort of crime by simply posting here seems a bit of a stretch.
    I'm just doing what I do, same as I always did, and I don't intend on changing.
    You and I have shared many conversations, and I've always enjoyed discussing with you, or jabbing a bit.
    When you raised the question, I felt you deserved an actual answer - again, only my opinion, and my "take" on everything that has gone down.

What I can take from this at this point is that there is now a group of people that are focused on ruining the life of one man because he claimed to own three Apache's, and he only owned one or two, or whatever the facts are... I think that the facts have all been lost in the more important photoshop skills, but nonetheless, whatever it is...
    I'm just still doing what I do, and it really is of no affect to me.
    But, I sure have learned a lot through all this.
    A lot.
    All my formative years I looked forward to graduating High School so that I could finally deal with Adults on a professional level. I guess I'm still waiting in many cases.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fund, you were one of the guys I followed over here, after a nasty weekend of racial posting on OSO, you seemed to have lost your way. Hopefully everyone can get back to the place that made this feel like a neighbourhood bar, but I'm not holding out much hope.
    Email or PM me anytime you like.

As for one of your questions, the thread you questioned is in the GB&U and the rules of that section are different than the Dock where you posted the rules from. If you go to that section, and click on the forum rules at the bottom, you will see what is and is not allowed. We still try to make sure we follow our guidelines. I also tried to follow those guidelines with my one or two posts on OSO. Now that they have named me personnally as a liar, aider, and abetter, even though they have proven themselves wrong in the meantime, the situation has changed. The bad part is, I used to think of them as good friends I could trust with my thoughts and concerns.

As for a neighborhood bar, one of these days it will be back. The group hasn't changed, only a small handful tried to kill the entire thing. Greed has a funny control over people. Doesn't seem to matter if it's power or money, it still changes people.

Fund will have to chat with you about the racial thing. Certainly doesn't sound like the guy I know.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Since the forum rules don't show up (Mac, Safari) why don't you post em? I have to assume they say the GB&U forum is open territory where anything goes by reading your comments..

Certainly not the spirit in which this board was originally founded IMO..

6. Collapse Details

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by fund razor; 07-27-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Shouldn't have posted.

7. Collapse Details

Calling people racists is just as easy as calling them anything else.
    Once again we have a member forced to defend an incorrect accusation by exposing personal information to "prove" that the accusation is false.

Call me short now.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    Since the forum rules don't show up (Mac, Safari) why don't you post em? I have to assume they say the GB&U forum is open territory where anything goes by reading your comments..

Certainly not the spirit in which this board was originally founded IMO..
    The GB&U is not anything goes.. Complaints and accusations and must be verifiable.

9. Collapse Details

Since Bluellama suggested that I am a racist and I am not, should I start a thread on the dock asking why he is allowed to get away with it?

Just a rhetorical question, of course.

10. Collapse Details

If you could see me, you would see me throw my hands up.

You can't win.

The only solution is for people to get out of each other's business.

11. Collapse Details

I'll remember this thread when I am shunned by the sport for bringing a black guy to a poker run.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Email or PM me anytime you like.

As for one of your questions, the thread you questioned is in the GB&U and the rules of that section are different than the Dock where you posted the rules from. If you go to that section, and click on the forum rules at the bottom, you will see what is and is not allowed. We still try to make sure we follow our guidelines. I also tried to follow those guidelines with my one or two posts on OSO. Now that they have named me personnally as a liar, aider, and abetter, even though they have proven themselves wrong in the meantime, the situation has changed. The bad part is, I used to think of them as good friends I could trust with my thoughts and concerns.

As for a neighborhood bar, one of these days it will be back. The group hasn't changed, only a small handful tried to kill the entire thing. Greed has a funny control over people. Doesn't seem to matter if it's power or money, it still changes people.

Fund will have to chat with you about the racial thing. Certainly doesn't sound like the guy I know.
    Just to be clear, John never posted anything that could have been considered racial on OSO. OSO had erupted into a steaming mass of sh it one weekend, and John and I shared some PM's on the subject, his responses were one of the reasons that I walked away from there.

13. Collapse Details

Just to be clear, John never posted anything that could have been considered racial on OSO. OSO had erupted into a steaming mass of sh it one weekend, and John and I shared some PM's on the subject, his responses were one of the reasons that I walked away from there.
    I get it would have been more clear if you had just called me a prick.

The steaming mass of chit is now everywhere. Thank you for placing a pile on the dock.

If people don't choose to get out of one another's business it will never end.
    Just like the thread title says.

I honestly feel that they are too far gone, and there are too many people trying to keep people in past roles, win pizzing contests, and stick it to somebody else that the forums will never heal.
    The mob wins.

14. Collapse Details

Hey, can I erase that stuff about the black guy before anybody finds out?

See ya.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    The steaming mass of chit is now everywhere. Thank you for placing a pile on the dock.
    If I posted it in the wrong section, then why didn't Bobcat just move it to the proper location?

16. Collapse Details

If I posted it in the wrong section, then why didn't Bobcat just move it to the proper location?
    Does Bob have that ability? I did not know that.

I thought that his response was a light hearted way to diffuse it. I almost peed myself. Sorry.

17. Collapse Details

Not my section.
    Parabellum FJ²B

18. Collapse Details

You should have just PM'ed me saying that you found those remarks offensive. When I see those kind of posts I automatically think of the hairy hand of cloak.
    Parabellum FJ²B

19. Collapse Details

Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    A round of Hornito's!!!!!!