Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The First Jenny,s Express
    here is 2 pics of the first jennys express ..a 38 topgun ...then he had the apache built .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apache 023.jpg   apache 022.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

I could be mistaken but that looks like a Mistress or a flat deck to me?????

3. Collapse Details

yup not a TG

4. Collapse Details

sorry thanks for the right info ..

5. Collapse Details

Looks like a 35 to me

Mark

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MrCig View Post
    Looks like a 35 to me

Mark
    Yes Sir, I agree.. Love them old flatty's

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MrCig View Post
    Looks like a 35 to me

Mark
    That was my gut feeling but had the through out the 38 fd to cover my tail

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    That is a Kevlar 35 Mistress with the 1st custom race hatch Cigarette made to cover the Hawk 600's exhaust , Gary actually had another 35 that he had bought called " Jennifer Ann" it was a standard boat will stock 330's,He only had the boat in OC for the summer of 85, then bought this one.

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettsdad1 View Post
    That is a Kevlar 35 Mistress with the 1st custom race hatch Cigarette made to cover the Hawk 600's exhaust , Gary actually had another 35 that he had bought called " Jennifer Ann" it was a standard boat will stock 330's,He only had the boat in OC for the summer of 85, then bought this one.
    Welcome to the site.....

Love hearing from those who know about some of the early offshore performance boats......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details
    Jenny Expess
    I'll keep it short. I was in MR Ducks back in the late 80's Gary and I were talking and he was asking me about what I thought about repowering Jennys Express. (1st one) He had already knew what power he wanted to use. After talking to him about the results he wanted to get with the motors. I told him by the time the job was done he would be better off selling his Cigarette as is and ordering a new one with power he wanted. He was not aware at the time that the bigger motors would need differant drive height to get the results wanted and TRS's weren't going to cut it. When I ran into him the following summer he had
    a new Cigarette and was very happy with its speed and thanked me for the avise. The way Gary and I first met, we were both running north on Ocean City shoreline and I came up along side and we went at it. I pulled him and he was very suprised how fast my old 27 Avanti ran.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by smallblock View Post
    here is 2 pics of the first jennys express ..a 38 topgun ...then he had the apache built .
    Small Block

I use to see Jennys Express running along OC beach with another Cigarette I think it was Dollar Bill or something like that, they were almost aways together. Never met the boat owner. Any pic of other boat
    Last edited by Clustergear; 12-31-2010 at 08:42 PM.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Clustergear View Post
    Small Block

I use to see Jennys Express running along OC beach with another Cigarette I think it was Dollar Bill or something like that, they were almost aways together. Never met the boat owner. Any pic of other boat
    you mean this boat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 063.jpg   leathel wepon newpaint2.PDF  

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jettsdad1 View Post
    As i said many times ..my dad & gary where best friends from teens and me and jenny grew up toghather. i got to ride in jennifer ann i was maby 8 or 9 then never got to ride in the J express cig then came the 41 apache and got to ride it 100 + times. as you read this it,s 2011 now i did see jenny for x-mas last week hangen out with friends & loved ones.
    yesterday i must have gotten 10 phone calls on how we all miss Gary Brightwell . gone BUT NEVER FOGOTEN IN OUT MEMERIES, PICS ,AND VIDS. WE ALL LOVE YA GARY

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by smallblock View Post
    you mean this boat
    It was along time ago could be the same boat, but I remember the boat I use to see said Dollar Bill or some thing like that down the sides. I know I have some pictures of the boats running along beach, but not sure where they are. If I come across them I'll post em

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    Clustergear, I remember your Avanti, and MR Ducks,One of my girlfriends was a bartender there. You may remember me, I had a Red and White 30 ft Scarab early 80's then in 86' made the jump to a 35' Cigarette White W Red/Gold/Black stripes.We would close the place down at 2am then jump in the boat for a "Ocean Run".I Ran with Doll-R-Bill as well during that time.His boat was Kevlar and had 460 Mercs.I could almost catch him with the Scarab (370's) on a calm day but when the ocean kicked up I was Done!To this Day I have scars on my RH knee where I got hurt in a Race with Bill.

16. Collapse Details
    Jeddsdad1
    Long time ago looked for pictures today. I know I have them somewhere all I could find beside family picutres in OC where my brothers sport fishing boat he kept at the Bahia Marina from around 83 to 95

17. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Clustergear View Post
    Long time ago looked for pictures today. I know I have them somewhere all I could find beside family picutres in OC where my brothers sport fishing boat he kept at the Bahia Marina from around 83 to 95
    Happy with your powerplay? that was a great deal.

18. Collapse Details

Very Happy with Powerplay. My sister still has a place in OC maybe I'll bring it down there sometime.

19. Collapse Details

Just found a picture of Jenny's Express.* Looks like I was on tower of my brothers boat heading north on bay from draw bridge.* Hope I can find more.I'am trying to resize but not having any luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan0001.jpg  
    Last edited by Clustergear; 01-10-2011 at 05:50 PM.

20. Collapse Details

Resized pic. not working I can resize on my computer and you can see who's in boat, but can't get it to attach
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copy (2) of jenny.jpg