Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The EDGE - New Powerboat Magazine Coming Soon
    Arrow
    And guys the original post that my project manager Ian posted on OSO was this, earlier this year we shut down H2O because of some issues with our silent partner on the mag. This was the only way to dissolve the relationship between us and him.

However in January we are launching the first issue of The EDGE which will be very similar to H2O but bigger and better with awesome images. Our executive editor is Matt Trulio and we also have Eric Colby onboard so we have a good team. Also have some other great people on the team from around the world.

Everyone here who had a freebie sub or paid one with H2o will automatically have their sub carried over to the new mag. As we get closer to the launch date we will also be giving away a few more subs as well for members here.

Thanks again everyone and will keep you all posted. Any questions feel free to ask.

Ned

2. Collapse Details

BEST OF LUCK

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by schnydo View Post
    BEST OF LUCK
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

h20 flat out rocked! looking foreward to it! and comming out in january..we will need a boating fix in the middle of silly season most definitly!
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

5. Collapse Details

Phragle - We have some great topics planned and will obviously develop it further as we move forward. We are always open to suggestions so please feel free to drop me a PM with ideas, except unless that idea involves imagery from Jay Nicholls

6. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned@TheEDGE View Post
    Phragle - We have some great topics planned and will obviously develop it further as we move forward. We are always open to suggestions so please feel free to drop me a PM with ideas, except unless that idea involves imagery from Jay Nicholls
    Hey Ned

When you blow smoke up someones azz, dont be so obvious.

7. Collapse Details

Ned - You should contact Rich Luhrs - his column alone would make your magazine - he is a busy guy - with many irons in the fire - but he would bring humor, insight, and more to your magazine -

Phil

8. Collapse Details

Ned best of luck with this new venture.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NNRT View Post
    Ned - You should contact Rich Luhrs - his column alone would make your magazine - he is a busy guy - with many irons in the fire - but he would bring humor, insight, and more to your magazine -

Phil
    And then again, there are some that would argue that suggestion. Stick with the great team you already have, they are the best. Congradulations on the new mag.

10. Collapse Details

Thanks and we have added another good friend of mine to the team. Well known photographer Chris Davies from the UK has joined us to be part of the new team so that will give us some great coverage from the F1 races around the world as well as other events.

11. Collapse Details

Rich L would be great...Old school columns, as well as design columns....

12. Collapse Details

Best pics in the biz. Looking forward to recieving "The EDGE!"
    www.blackduckcafe.net

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NNRT View Post

Phil
    Great idea! Rich would be an awesome asset to have doing a column for your mag!

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Nobody has more insight into Offshore than Rich Luhrs.

I had to compete against his Shadows, and trust me, it was no walk in the park.

He will always tell it like it is with no PC bull$hit to muddy the waters.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ned@TheEDGE View Post
    Thanks and we have added another good friend of mine to the team. Well known photographer Chris Davies from the UK has joined us to be part of the new team so that will give us some great coverage from the F1 races around the world as well as other events.
    Hopefully they all get paid for their wondrous photos. I still have my EDock issue in the main room downstairs. Love the format and the pictures. One of the best layouts I've seen. Continuity in business is important.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    h20 flat out rocked! looking foreward to it! and comming out in january..we will need a boating fix in the middle of silly season most definitly!
    Phragle on your Sig line i notce that you have S B Y C , does that stand for Saginaw Bay Yacht Club ?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Phragle on your Sig line i notce that you have S B Y C , does that stand for Saginaw Bay Yacht Club ?

Screaming Beaver Yacht Club
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    Hopefully they all get paid for their wondrous photos. I still have my EDock issue in the main room downstairs. Love the format and the pictures. One of the best layouts I've seen. Continuity in business is important.
    Does one start genuine compliments about artists with "I hope they all get paid?"

Wait. That was rhetorical.
    Last edited by fund razor; 07-25-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: strong enough

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    That's one of the best passive aggressive troll comments posing as a compliment that I have seen in some time.

Sorry that I missed this before. But now I have a sharper eye for people jumping on a bandwagon driven by a willingness to believe and a past agenda. With zero first hand information, but a well informed opinion from a keyboard in Vermont.
    Thanks But the compliment was indeed sincere, it was a great publication, I meant that.

Like any issue, there's always at least three sides. I do remember another nasty thread on this very same subject some time ago. A good judge has to form an opinion not only based on laws, but what's presented to him. If there are good arguments from both sides, great. The previous posts are correct, this was a personal issue best left personal. But when you allow it to become a public forum issue, don't be surprised when opinions are formed, even if they don't agree with yours. BTW, no agenda here, doesn't affect me. I'm out of this issue, but World of Powerboats is in it today. http://worldofpowerboats.com/

People have to form opinions in life, no getting around it. Sometimes, opinions are formed with less than perfect information, lack of information, or even agenda-driven opinions.

Just like the CS issue. One side put their "facts" on the table. One side thought it was nasty for them to do so. The important question remain unanswered. It's not bullying to seek important answers, if they remain challenged, but unanswered. Your choice is to avoid these issues at all costs, and attack as internet bullying any attempt to set the record straight. It's been done in politics for years, and the side diverting attention hopes it will just die down and go away. If the people with first-hand knowledge aren't backing up their case, I can only assume they don't want the facts out there.

I can form a personal opinion from what I know about Bill Clinton and his character, and put it in proper perspective as to how important that was in his being President. Likewise, I can form an opinion of CS or LDD based on what's been put forth, arguments against that, and any final conclusion. It's pretty clear to me that your jobs here this year have been to make absolutely sure that there is no final conclusion. That's probably in your best interest. You've chosen to attack those that present their case, as well as those that post an opinion based on what they have read.

So far, the only conclusion you've offered is that those that thought Ding Ding was CS were wrong, therefore everything they say is wrong. Nice tactic. If I based my opinion solely on the comments made by CS and you and others in the CS threads, is that wrong? Is it also wrong to weight an opinion based on facts and copies of documents, none of which were refuted or explained? If I read between the lines carefully enough during that drama, you and others were basically saying none of what was presented mattered, and life goes on as usual. Now the message is that anyone that did care and is still upset, is an internet bully.

BTW, I agree that this particular issue in question should not have gone public. But since one side made it a thread, it was open for discussion.

20. Collapse Details

I respect your right to make judgements about people and issue strong written personal attacks based on what you hear or read on the internet. That is your perogative.

My suggestion that wild guesses passing as "100%" verified were scooped up by the willing to believe, driven by a past agenda and group momentum dynamics was not an attempt to do anything other than defend thinking for oneself. I don't represent any other man, and I don't work for this forum.

Of course a reasonable man would wonder what other guesses and innuendos have been picked up by forum mobs and made "fact."

You take care Steve. I don't have time to hijack another one of Ned's threads all day.

One honest suggestion is that if you ever go to an art showing, don't start a compliment to the artist with "I hope that you get paid" unless you are their agent.

End hijack.
    Last edited by fund razor; 07-25-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: end hijack, sorry