Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

So if my Mechanic fixes my truck and I have no work for it and don't use the truck I don't have to pay him ? HMMMM ?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    Attacking Canadians because you have a problem with one. Classy.

Which boat do you own?
    Maybe we should settle this with a game of Hockey .

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    Maybe we should settle this with a game of Hockey .
    Now that's funny....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    You had me at "redeam."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2129.gif 
Views:	239 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	64487
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Now that's funny....
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

6. Collapse Details

I liked the magazine. Too bad you children couldn't play nice. If you were my kids you would have been whooped and then duct taped together in an embrace.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    I liked the magazine. Too bad you children couldn't play nice. If you were my kids you would have been whooped and then duct taped together in an embrace.

Frankie is from Tennessee, the rest of us... are normal and do not embrace relatives, duct tape or not...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

8. Collapse Details

Look at it this way. At the moment this thread has had 1320 views. Imagine if one third of those viewers choose not to buy a $20 magazine subscription becase this thread left a sour taste in their mouth. Do the math. That number is only going to grow with time.
    Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 07-21-2010 at 05:06 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Sorry Tony, I didn't edit your post I was going to quote the first line.

Look at it this way. At the moment this thread has had 1320 views.
    I wonder how many of those 1320 views were of members that have been contacted and/or harassed by Catastrophe.

10. Collapse Details

Welcome returning members.
    Last edited by fund razor; 07-21-2010 at 05:56 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Must have been deleted over on "TOOL TIME"
    Parabellum FJ²B

12. Collapse Details

Bad business is good business.

13. Collapse Details

Tony - If people decide not to subscribe to the magazine because of this thread then so be it, that's their choice in a free society. If people don't want to enjoy the content of a magazine based on a forum thread then that's just something we have to live with.

I have made my posts and Cloke has made his, and I for one have nothing more to say on it. It is what it is.

Ned.

14. Collapse Details

Sometimes I think it would be a nicer world if duels were still in use.

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned@TheEDGE View Post
    Tony - If people decide not to subscribe to the magazine because of this thread then so be it, that's their choice in a free society. If people don't want to enjoy the content of a magazine based on a forum thread then that's just something we have to live with.

I have made my posts and Cloke has made his, and I for one have nothing more to say on it. It is what it is.

Ned.
    Neds right.
    Theres nothing more to be said, on here.

BTW, does anyone know the name of the helicopter pilot from LOTO ?

16. Collapse Details

Ned

This is fixable. Show that you're a stand up guy, do the right thing and chalk up a few thousand to pay the photographer for the material that you reccieved and this will all go away. Everybody makes mistakes, people are judged by how they deal with their mistakes. Its simple business, pay up and redeem yourself, or scratch your head for the next few years wondering just how many thousands of dollars in lost business this cost you from bad press that you started the thread on in the first place.

Its not going to go away on its own. The ball is in your court.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ding ding View Post
    Its sad that all the boating boards have lost good people with good intentions to flamed up and fabricated renditions of what actually happend from people who had no first hand part in whatever transpired between other parties.

Chris Sunkin is a good guy and has good intentions. For whatever reason he chose the path he did, thats absolutely none of our business. Regardless of if he owned anything, he is still a good guy with good intentions. Just cause he did or didnt own an Apache does not make him a con-man, maybe a dreamer but he was no con man.

Jay is a big guy and I'm sure can handle his own collection affairs without any input from here.
    ding ding,
    Obviously this is not your first venture on the boards, but you are under a new "first post" name. I understand why.
    I think you nailed it though, ALL the boards have suffered a loss of interest from some really good people. Or the people have had limited action on the boards lately and only participate in conversations amongst circles of people they consider close friends (maybe they all own the same brand, or, etc).

Again, I can see why you may choose to post something under another name. We have already seen that if you post something unpopular, or you pizz off the wrong person, it is very easy to search your entire online history, dissect it, twist it, and put you in a position to defend yourself against any and all allegations thrown at you.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

18. Collapse Details

from the beginning of this thread I understand it to mean that if the mag does not use the pics in question than why should the mag pay for them? As for cloke trying to collect for someone else, why can't Jay handle his own collections? If Jay is owed money that is legit than he should take Ned to small claims and prove he is owed money and let the court decide, otherwise Jay and his sidekick should leave well enough alone.

19. Collapse Details

There is obviously more interest in smut of peoples lives than actual boating, pretty sad.

The same thing that happend to Ned, happend to me. The characters and usernames were different, but the M.O. was pretty much the same.

Your a stand up guy in my book Buoy, I have always respected your posts. bgchuby didnt steal Cardshark, however he is still a closet homo in my book, lol
    You're absolutely right, it is pretty sad what it's become.
    I remember when people came on here to post pictures of people and boats from the weekend and the party or Run. Now we see less interest in that, and more interest in a fabricated soap opera.
    Some of the photoshop stuff was hilarious when guys were just bustin' ballz, being regular boaters, and HAVING A GOOD TIME!

Now, this situation is a bit different.
    Ned has a business.
    Jay has a business.
    Alec and the rest of the performance community have ??? to do with this?
    Sounds like a private business matter to me. Let them handle this as businessmen (behind closed doors) and everyone else stay out. Ned, Jay, you're both big boys, and both business owners, you should both reflect that in your actions - but, that is only my opinion. I think Tony said it pretty well that "any smear campaign just makes the instigator look worse" (if I may paraphrase Tony, and post that as MY interpretation).
    But, it seems that some people have chosen to feed on this sort of thing, and if there isn't drama going on, they will go to great lengths to create it.

ding ding, wish I knew who you were, because you are speaking from my gospel.

I also agree with you on bgchuby, I think a lot more is going to come out soon on the whole Cardshark deal, and it should be very eye opening. Jeff's a good guy in my book, he's helped me out many times on the phone, and also in some projects, and I've helped him as well - he's always been stand-up by me. Still not sure if he's a closet homo, but I don't need to personally find out if that is true
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

20. Collapse Details

Im just curious??

Is it just me or all you random members experts in everyone elses professions, including your own? Who dropped the gavel and said anyone was at fault or needed to the "stand up" thing?

Quite simple. I've spent several years getting fuked by guys who took advantage of me while I played by the rules. Pardon me if I have zero tolerance for bull****. I dont even like Jayboat, but if he is rightfully owed money for work that he did then I expect to see him get paid.

ding ding, no need to hide behind a screen name. whats your reccent interest in this?