Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

You are full of **** Cloke. Nicholls is owed nothing, no matter what you think you know. Here is his PM on FB to me with HIS facts,

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Jay Nichols 27 April at 00:16
    Grand Cayman story and photos (published)
    BVI story and photos (not published)
    Patchogue out-of-pocket expenses- 1200.
    assuming 900. ea for cayman and bvi that's 3000
    -------------------------------------------------------------

So lets see. Grand Cayman story - Paid for yesterday after my accounts lady admitted she made a mistake, something I have pointed out a number of times - so what. He actually got $1000 for it and not the $900 he expected.

BVI Story - Never received text so never published therefore owed nothing.

Patchogue - Never supplied agreed story and images so therefore not published and not owed anything.

And so it took us some time to pay, so friggin what, its got nothing to do with you. And amazing where you pulled the $4000 out of, must have been out of your ass because in Jays own words above the whole thing only came to $3K.

Anyway bottom line is Nicholls isnt owed anything as BVI and Patchogue werent published - end of story. And like any magazine you ONLY get paid for stuff thats published.

So feel free to bleat on about whatever you want Cloke but he isnt getting anything from us, he has been paid for what he did. And Jay did his best for us did he, what a load of crap, he took us for a ride on more than one occasion and he knows it.

Goodbye and good riddance.

2. Collapse Details

In an alternate universe, people on a sociopath forum are talking about offshore boats. And of course, philanthropy.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    In an alternate universe, people on a sociopath forum are talking about offshore boats. And of course, philanthropy.
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Now that is funny right there!

5. Collapse Details

Ned, your first thread on here is complaining about someone else threatening you and your new business venture. The thread promptly turns into mudlsinging.

31 minutes later you post a thread announcing your new business venture to the offshore world. None of this paints a very good image of your new magazine to the casuall forum reader. just sayin...

6. Collapse Details

Hi Ned.... are you saying that if Jay had submitted everything you ASKED of him, and it was published, he would have been paid in full?

also, what was he ASKED to do, that couldn't be published because of the partnership issue?

keyword here is ASKED

if you ASK him to do something, and it's not published due to partnership issues, is that his fault?

I don't know your industry...
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    And the downward spiral of Offshore Performance boating continues........

Whatever happened to the good old days when private issues stayed PRIVATE? If I had a nickle for every time I've been stiffed in some manner during a TV shoot or boat deal, I'd be rich........ Get over it....or at least have the class to keep it to yourselves.

We now return to our regularly scheduled soap opera, "All my Turbines", wherein an underfunded, over-zealous boat owner whines inccessantly about an egotistical, over-rated engine builder.
    Allergic to Nonsense

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    the same cloke that ran his mouth on OSO about me two years ago without knowing me or even meeting me. Hides himself up there in canada land of the chickens. Land of the French. I have never met cloke but I bet he's 5'10 and 160lbs and hides behind his keyboard trying to act big. Typical frenchman that runs backwards at the sight of anything that scares him. Cloke between you and the other mental midget commanche36 on OSO from jersey both of you need to grow up. Yea Ed I mean you, I have friends in south jersey who have explained to me who and what you are. lets see 5'10 and scared of your own shadow. Oh by the way the guys in texas are still waiting for your call.
    Attacking Canadians because you have a problem with one. Classy.

Which boat do you own?

9. Collapse Details

Please take this OFF the dock....

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
    Please take this OFF the dock....
    Done.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ned@TheEDGE View Post

So lets see. Grand Cayman story - Paid for yesterday after my accounts lady admitted she made a mistake, something I have pointed out a number of times - so what. He actually got $1000 for it and not the $900 he expected.

BVI Story - Never received text so never published therefore owed nothing.

Patchogue - Never supplied agreed story and images so therefore not published and not owed anything.
    Lets see. It took you 15 MONTHS to pay for the Caymans. Do you think that you not paying him for that could "maybe" have something to do with him not giving you the BVI and Long Island stuff?

And so it took us some time to pay, so friggin what
    are you for real? 15 MONTHS to pay and your response is "so friggin what"? Try doing that with your car/house/boat etc and see what you get.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    And the downward spiral of Offshore Performance boating continues........

We now return to our regularly scheduled soap opera, "All my Turbines", wherein an underfunded, over-zealous boat owner whines inccessantly about an egotistical, over-rated engine builder.

I'll keep out of this one

13. Collapse Details

are you for real? 15 MONTHS to pay and your response is "so friggin what"? Try doing that with your car/house/boat etc and see what you get.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that after having a tough time finding an photographer to cover the U.S. and other nearby events, he will be saying "so now what?"

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ned@TheEDGE View Post
    Paid for yesterday after my accounts lady admitted she made a mistake
    Hey! Is that the same lady who mails the free subscriptions?

Couldn't help it.

15. Collapse Details

Registered
    Whatever happened to the good old days when private issues stayed PRIVATE? If I had a nickle for every time I've been stiffed in some manner during a TV shoot or boat deal, I'd be rich........ Get over it....or at least have the class to keep it to yourselves.

This was being done privately until Ned posted on the front board here.

Just to clarify timing.

In October when the Patchogue pics ONLY were forwarded ( and admittedly not the story ) 3 previous projects dated April, May and July were unpaid.

Has everyone got that?? At this point Jay had not been paid for anything that he had worked on that whole season.

Any engine builder, painter, mechanic or anyone else in our industry would have done the same thing under the circumstances.

This business regarding NO PUBLISH / NO PAY isnt right.

If any one of you on here was hired to rig a boat for an upcoming race and for unforseen reasons the customer didnt race, are you expected to not get paid ? That argument isnt right.

I read some negative comments on Neds post re Jay's cooperation.

If he wasnt satisfied with his performance re some of the earlier events , why was he still shooting for Ned all summer and writing in the fall ?

Its cavalier to dismiss these topics I guess until it happens to you.
    Last edited by catastrophe; 07-20-2010 at 02:58 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    David...
    And here to think I never gave you the credit you deserve for being a bright guy.
    And there you go and shock us
    Logic and common sense - maybe you do have it!
    (just pokes of sarcasm at that penguin guy - don't anyone get bunched up panties).
    Damnit, now I have to say some thing really stupid to redeam my self!!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

17. Collapse Details

Sucks to be called out because you tried to help a friend and have to defend yourself on a website that you vowed to destroy and then have to hang out there waiting for somebody to say something. For you see, you and I are just the same.

18. Collapse Details

Except different.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmnc View Post
    Damnit, now I have to say some thing really stupid to redeam my self!!
    You had me at "redeam."

20. Collapse Details

Registered
    This is getting interesting