Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Brett is it possible to work with a 28 B1? He uses the boat for two man barefooting and lots of skiing. Also when I was testing it was about 22 degrees out and the boat was light. I think once he gets all his gear and a couple buddies in there he wont be seeing that much RPM.
    Jim I agree a hundred percent. It's the same story every time, a customer comes in and says I want to spend 10k on my motor. I say how bout you spend 3k on your steering first. Until they drive their boat with the new power and bigger prop and feel how sloppy it is at speed they never go for it. It's like trying to sell a guy bigger brakes for his muscle car when all he really wants is a blower. They always come back for the steering eventually though.. and the brakes..

Thanks guys!

2. Collapse Details

Agreed on the steering issue. That's really a no brainer.

Yes the 28's will be a great option. The lower pitch will pull and accelerate harder. If the R's need to be dropped, stiff cupping can be added rather than bending the blades a bunch. Up pitching is also a option.

Brett
    Brett Anderson / Owner BBLADES Professional Propellers
    920-295-4435 www.bblades.com

3. Collapse Details

Steering can be hard, if not impossible to add to some of these runabouts depending on the hull design. Rinker, Chaparral, Cobalt, Four Winns, etc. all have a version of an extended plane hull where the hull extends past the drive on either side.

4. Collapse Details

how about a mirage 3 blade prop woulding that keep the back of the boat in the water more ??? and put long trim tabs i put a single ram i my boat and it help . my buddy did his trim tabs and that really help a lot . he going to make mine longer for me . i find that my boat with 100 gallon of fuel it don t chine walk at all . rigth now if i am 25 gallons it do s a little. good luck nice speed