Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    insurance wont cover it !!!
    Has anyone ever heard of an insurance comapny not covering a broken gimble ring because of old age, wear and tare and NOT due to the fact that a log hit it ???????????????? ODNR who were the first to be onsite after my drive broke off says the insurance comapny is trying to get out of paying for it. They took pics after the boat was lifted out of the water and said it was a submerged log that I hit. way to ruin a holiday weekend. . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35141_413951176940_512846940_4354430_5861424_n.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Its kind of hard to see from the pix but, did it break the ears off where the trim cylinders mount? Remember it is the adjusters job to try not to pay... Speak with his boss if you need to. They are probably coached not to pay broken rings due to all those that break from dogging them or spinning out.. If the ears are busted off the lower part and it shows signs of striking something I believe they should pay... Unless you have a underwater peril exclusion.

3. Collapse Details

It's karma for failing to deliver on the promised floaty keychains and T-shirts.... Repent or ye shall be cursed for all eternity!!!! AAARGH!!!
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    It's karma for failing to deliver on the promised floaty keychains and T-shirts.... Repent or ye shall be cursed for all eternity!!!! AAARGH!!!
    you can have the boat

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post

Those floaty key chains are never gonna go away!
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

6. Collapse Details

if a log didnt hit the out drive, then how the heck did this get bent up and where did the log marks come from on the side of the drive ????

notice hot the stainless steal plate in between the lower and upper unit above the prop is bent up, and then notice the brown marks on the side of the drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF3465.jpg   DSCF3466.jpg   DSCF3467.jpg  

DSCF3468.jpg   DSCF3469.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Did you read your exclusions? Does it say all risk by chance?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Did you read your exclusions? Does it say all risk by chance?
    they said that in some cases the exclusions would help but because this is caused from all age they are not covering it. what the fail to see was the bent tab and the marks on the drive from the log.

9. Collapse Details

The ears of the ring that hold the cylinders broken the way they are is not from old age.. If they were not broken and the ring was cracked at the pivots only they might have a good argument. The ears don't ever break there from old age... Stay on them. Keep asking for a better surveyor/adjuster to inspect it.

10. Collapse Details

What Company?

11. Collapse Details

WOW. Did you boat sink? That is not cool. Looks like insurance should cover that.

12. Collapse Details

progressive. boat was taking on water never got past half of engine bay we had the bilge pump running and ODNR had a hand pump on board helping me.

13. Collapse Details

Do yourself a favor and fix it! If you make a claim don't be suprised if you don't get coverage again...

14. Collapse Details

I hit one earlier this year (I have Farmers ) and they paid for everything no questions asked. (new drive,new prop,labor)

15. Collapse Details

I hit a log about four years ago on my Sonic. Broke the Gimble, did serious damage to drive and transom. Nationwide covered the entire repair, including repainting the entire transom.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pkspx View Post
    progressive. .
    Wish you luck. Had a similar deal with the same carrier and it took 3 months and tons of calls to get it done. They tried to deny the claim first the depreciate stuff and etc. Get a marina or surveyor, someone credible, to inspect it and give you a written and signed statement of what they say caused the damage and also to the effect that the gimble did not fail causing it. Best of luck, i know they are a phucking pain to deal with when you need something. Also, go to the adjusters boss or even higher. Thats what it took me to get it done. Also, as mad as you may get, always be polite and state your cas nicely, or they may just drag it out to screw you harder.

Chris

17. Collapse Details

I believe I saw a thread on one of these site regarding Progressive and not paying claims. Try a search and see what you find

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    I believe I saw a thread on one of these site regarding Progressive and not paying claims. Try a search and see what you find
    I believe it was on the "other" site. I spoke to the guy in person about it once as i was going thru the same thing. Never heard if he got his resolved.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    Wish you luck. Had a similar deal with the same carrier and it took 3 months and tons of calls to get it done. They tried to deny the claim first the depreciate stuff and etc. Get a marina or surveyor, someone credible, to inspect it and give you a written and signed statement of what they say caused the damage and also to the effect that the gimble did not fail causing it. Best of luck, i know they are a phucking pain to deal with when you need something. Also, go to the adjusters boss or even higher. Thats what it took me to get it done. Also, as mad as you may get, always be polite and state your cas nicely, or they may just drag it out to screw you harder.

Chris
    I called the adjusters manager this morning and explained the situation to them and said decision was not acceptable. He was surprisingly very polite, and too easy to get them to send the adjuster back out. I just got back from the marine looking at the damage for the second time WITH the adjuster. He said he didn't see the damage where the log hit on the drive before and was glad I met him out to point it out. Pending approval from progressive again so we will see. The gimble housing on the back of the boat took so much force from the log it made a gap separating it and put stress cracks on the transom too.

20. Collapse Details

Insurance just called me and the adjuster says the are covering it now. He apologized for overlooking the cracks on the hull and the out drive marks from the log.