Thread: NXT vs #6

1. Collapse Details
    NXT vs #6
    anyone have any real numbers as to the performance of these two drives when compared with the same motor say 700efi ?? I see Cig, Donzi, Sunsation, and AT utilize the NXT, however Fountain packages 700's with NXT gimbals/trans and #6 drive. I guess the real question is is their much of a difference??? Performance wise, I asked some guys at the Fountain factory and they said its "faster" but on their hulls the nxt produced more stern lift and the # 6 worked better.

2. Collapse Details

I believe the NXT and the #6 use the same transom assemblies. If you see a #6 on a NXT (stickered) gimbal its because the NXT was changed to a 6. This could be for a couple of reasons, engine and drive were purchased as a package so the gimbal has NXT stickers. NXT had issues in the application and was upgraded to #6.

#6's are stronger and more money. Its a matter of what works best for the owner and for the application.
    Whats with all this Skater Nation nonsense?
    $48,900.00

3. Collapse Details

Was told, that the 6's were used on the NXT 700 package on Fountains because of the high X deminsions, the NXT drive skeg was not long enough for that application, and caused some handling concerns at high speeds. The NXT also provided too much stern lift, and only made the problem worse. The 6 has a longer skeg and settled the boat down.
    Dont know if the NXT drive was faster or slower than the 6 drives, I dont think on Fountains, anyway, they ever got a boat running good enough with the NXT drive to compare it to the NXT/6 package.

4. Collapse Details

How much less does an NXT weigh compared to a 6?