Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Pantera 24 transom replacement
    Got a little of the derigging done today, more tomorrow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3160104.jpg   P3160105.jpg   P3160106.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

why is it that every Pantera owner I know constantly has a project going on with their boat??
    This has nothing to do with the build of the boat, I think it just has to do with what kind of guy buys one of these boats. I guess it takes a special breed.

Can't wait to see more Rick.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

3. Collapse Details

Originally I planned on storing the motor with the lower unit on, but these damn 1 car garages are so small, had to re-engineer a bit Last pic. is all my junk tucked neatly back into the little garage(if you look close there is a motor in there somewhere)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3160107.jpg   P3160103.jpg   P3160108.jpg  

P3160109.jpg   P3160110.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    why is it that every Pantera owner I know constantly has a project going on with their boat??
    This has nothing to do with the build of the boat, I think it just has to do with what kind of guy buys one of these boats. I guess it takes a special breed.

Can't wait to see more Rick.
    You know it pal,

we know the best, and strive to make it better

I will document the whole thing, and post pics as I go, will probably be a slow process due to $$ restraints, but it will be done, and done right

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post

I will document the whole thing, and post pics as I go, will probably be a slow process due to $$ restraints, but it will be done, and done right
    I'm a little over two years into my project, and I have been fighting the same constraints... Time, $$, and the fact I moved myself, and my project/shop 1800mi away...
    I'm waiting for Pepe to call me and say that he wants to bring one of his old hulls back to glory and do a TV show AKA the Chip Foose show on speed channel.
    Hehe, I'll get it done, but, the day I brought it home, I expected to go boating, it's been two years, and it still has been high-n-dry.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I'm a little over two years into my project, and I have been fighting the same constraints... Time, $$, and the fact I moved myself, and my project/shop 1800mi away...
    I'm waiting for Pepe to call me and say that he wants to bring one of his old hulls back to glory and do a TV show AKA the Chip Foose show on speed channel.
    Hehe, I'll get it done, but, the day I brought it home, I expected to go boating, it's been two years, and it still has been high-n-dry.
    4 years of sweat into mine, but 2+ years of unbelievable boating, the hull has never let me down, just the motors, should have done the transom up front.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    4 years of sweat into mine, but 2+ years of unbelievable boating, the hull has never let me down, just the motors, should have done the transom up front.
    Saw this thread on scream & fly and when do you plan on doing some hacking and slashing ?

8. Collapse Details

good stuff Rick, keep em coming.
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

Cool Rick. You should have let me know I would have helped you.

10. Collapse Details

Might as well add a bracket for twins now Rick!

11. Collapse Details

Rick,

If you need a hand or someone to bring you some beer, I'll be floating around the area next weekend with Dev.

TC
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

12. Collapse Details

Got the Aluminum plate off yesterday, it was fun to say the least, and yes, the transom is mush, but I think the glass is actually in pretty good shape under all that sealer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

4.jpg   5.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Saw this thread on scream & fly and when do you plan on doing some hacking and slashing ?
    Got it ready to cut into now, maybe next weekend I will get the splashwell out, and start digging out the rot.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Xray50 View Post
    Cool Rick. You should have let me know I would have helped you.
    Actually, I was thinking of stopping by your place yesterday, havent heard from you in while, but got too busy, there were some hidden screws in that plate, took me a few hours to pry it off. Stop by next weekend if you get a chance, I'll be hacking it up some more

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JnT View Post
    Might as well add a bracket for twins now Rick!
    Jim,

Bracket yes, twins no I would love to go with twins, but just dont have the $$ for opti's, and these EFI's are thirsty. I hope to have it all buttoned up by late June, we usually get our yearly bonuses in early July, and if we get one this year with this economy, it will get the bracket, if not, just the jackplate back on, cuz those brackets are some coin also

Rick

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Rick,

If you need a hand or someone to bring you some beer, I'll be floating around the area next weekend with Dev.

TC
    Trent,

You and Devon stop by for a cold one or 12, maybe I'll put y'all to work, or we can just sit around and drink and look at it

Rick

17. Collapse Details

Rick, does this mean you decided to go ahead with the whole project?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat28 View Post
    Rick, does this mean you decided to go ahead with the whole project?
    YUP its only time and money, Time I have, my wife stole all the money

19. Collapse Details

I know the feeling.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat28 View Post
    I know the feeling.

Well ya know how it goes,

Whats hers is hers, and whats mine is hers, fortunately she doesnt want the boat.