Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

How's the car biz? I have been keeping the trucks real busy. One truck is leaving the yard tonight and dropping a car in enterprise, Al. then going up to boston. As for OSO your 100% right. A few idiots over there think that they know everything about everything. Good example is commanche3six. He has never met me but he will tell the world everything he can find on his keyboard. He's a real tough guy for someone thats 5'10 and 160lbs wet. He is so proud of being in jersey. Makes me think he lives in the sycaucuse swamps.

And yes there are more good people on OSO than the few bad ones. I have many friends on that site that I know personally not by my keyboard.

2. Collapse Details

Ding-Ding how have you been and whats been happing with your big bad self .

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    How's the car biz? I have been keeping the trucks real busy. One truck is leaving the yard tonight and dropping a car in enterprise, Al. then going up to boston. As for OSO your 100% right. A few idiots over there think that they know everything about everything. Good example is commanche3six. He has never met me but he will tell the world everything he can find on his keyboard. He's a real tough guy for someone thats 5'10 and 160lbs wet. He is so proud of being in jersey. Makes me think he lives in the sycaucuse swamps.

And yes there are more good people on OSO than the few bad ones. I have many friends on that site that I know personally not by my keyboard.
    Biz is good .... boat biz is good..... Rockin and rollin!!!!

4. Collapse Details

right now I have 6 ten car trucks traveling around picking up and delivering. Biz is good, I can not complain.

5. Collapse Details

Just need the dealers to raise what they will pay cause the cost of fuel just keeps on rising.

6. Collapse Details

I want to ship my Excursion from Oshkosh Wi to Marathon Fl, can you PM me a price, and I'm very flexible on the date.
    Run until it sounds expensive

7. Collapse Details

My trucks don't run that route but what I would do for you is post it for you on a site just for car haulers called Central Dispatch. whatever it costs me I would just have it done COD and you pay upon delivery. A vehicle that size most trucks will charge a space and a half due to the weight and length. What is the chance of you driving it to chicago? My friend has a terminal there and could load it there and take it to fort lauderdale. Call me anytime at 909-816-1101 or email me at murraybrotherstrucking@yahoo.com. thanks

8. Collapse Details

for someone thats 5'10 and 160lbs wet.
    So my 5'11", 165 sounds a bit more intimidating?

that I know personally not by my keyboard.
    Kinda funny you and I have actually had business dealings (GOOD) and we haven't had the opportunity to break bread.

It's amazing the lengths that certain people will go through to shove a microscope up your azz about your entire life.
    Nobody here is trying to run for Congress, they are just participating on a boat board and sharing information, and trying to help each other with problems - or business - or any other challenge in their life that they have questions about.

One thing that has gotten old is the theory that this entire board that remains is a Chris worshipper, and that is the moniker it is being given.
    That is an accusation that a lot of people that remain here are sheep.
    I was never a worshipper of anyone - I just do my own thing, hang with people I like, and go to places that are comfortable to me.
    I disagree on the worshipper thing - I just feel more comfortable here than walking into a pack of wolves that is only in existence to tear someone, or something apart. It's just not my mentality to join the pack. I choose to affiliate with some here - others, not as much, but I'm still willing to help out where I can.

And I imagine I will now be torn apart and analyzed by the wolf pack.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

9. Collapse Details

Yes we have done somethings via phone but never met. Always a good deal. One of these days I will be in arizona or you will be in los angeles and we will finally meet. I get stuck in my office so much I don't get to drive much anymore. As for members of SOS, If someone needs their car or pickup moved I will charge you the dealer or wholesale price and if my trucks are not going the direction that you need to go I will make the arrangements to get it done with no broker fee for me. My way of helping fellow SOS members. As for moving boats most of you know that I am pretty much done with that but if someone needs help just get ahold of me. I know a couple of pretty good boat haulers with the proper insurance and DOT and MCC certs to get it done for you. I will be glad to give you there numbers to get it done right.

10. Collapse Details

Yes we have done somethings via phone but never met. Always a good deal. One of these days I will be in arizona or you will be in los angeles and we will finally meet.
    Agreed. Always a good deal. Just helping out a a guy that had some time, and a friend that needed something moved. Just making a connection. WHICH IS WHAT THESE BOARDS WERE STARTED FOR!!
    Just starting a new gig Monday, so not sure how much time I can get off for Desert Storm this year.
    And, I'm starting to get of the opinion that all these "performance boaters" are truly the azzholes that every other boater hates - for a valid reason. Not all, but many.
    Arrogance and self-importance doesn't go far in my book.
    I'll stick to my little nomadic lifestyle in the desert and love it.
    And I'm still only 15 mins from the lake.
    And my boat will get done when I get around to getting it done.
    I'll haul my cruiser out here and use it as a camper - and probably be happier.
    I think recent experiences in the "performance" scene has soured many people from even wanting to get involved in.
    I for one would rather be left alone, and hangout with only the people I choose.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    So my 5'11", 165 sounds a bit more intimidating?

Kinda funny you and I have actually had business dealings (GOOD) and we haven't had the opportunity to break bread.

It's amazing the lengths that certain people will go through to shove a microscope up your azz about your entire life.
    Nobody here is trying to run for Congress, they are just participating on a boat board and sharing information, and trying to help each other with problems - or business - or any other challenge in their life that they have questions about.

One thing that has gotten old is the theory that this entire board that remains is a Chris worshipper, and that is the moniker it is being given.
    That is an accusation that a lot of people that remain here are sheep.
    I was never a worshipper of anyone - I just do my own thing, hang with people I like, and go to places that are comfortable to me.
    I disagree on the worshipper thing - I just feel more comfortable here than walking into a pack of wolves that is only in existence to tear someone, or something apart. It's just not my mentality to join the pack. I choose to affiliate with some here - others, not as much, but I'm still willing to help out where I can.

And I imagine I will now be torn apart and analyzed by the wolf pack.
    No chit Tim. It's kind of funny though, having been around long enough to know the past agendas. None of the forum nonsense happens in a vaccum. There's no "random" googletruth campaigns. They are all part and parcel of old agendas and manipulation by people who are not happy unless they are screwing with someone else. Then, anybody with an old agenda (he once said something that I didn't like, etc.) shows up and takes a shot while it's "safe."
    What is amazing to see is how many people chose to go underground and off the forums rather than be cyberstalked. The real eye opener for me was when I stopped getting involved in the nonsense, realizing that nobody wins an internet pizzing contest; and saw how absolutely stupid people look when they chime into situations that have nothing to do with them. A relatively small group of people taught the rest of the forums how NOT to act this year, so all in all... maybe things are better for it. The amount of googling that was done to get dirt on anybody who didn't fall in line was shocking. And after a while.... bogus information became accepted as fact by anybody with an old agenda and a willingness to believe.
    This isn't an oso or sos thing. It's a matter of personal choices about what lines you are willing to cross to achieve a perceived "win" in the forum wars. Most of us won't cross many of those lines. A very few of us will employ any means necessary, civilian casualties (and the truth) be dammed.

12. Collapse Details

to watch how commanche and catastrophe can dig up information about certain people and information makes me wonder. On oso a month ago commanche posted information that no one would know unless you were law enforcement or part of the problem. I knew about it because my attorney told me about it before he posted it. Yet he goes on there and just rambles away and other people just follow right along like little sheep. On a different subject, Watching how people are raking CS over the coals just makes me feel for chris, For the last three years people on OSO have been having fun with me at my expense and because of the computer there is nothing I can do about it. Chris is going through the same thing. I don't care if he did something wrong or not, he has always been nice to me and vice versa. I look forward to this site getting more active little by little.

13. Collapse Details

what we need to do here is have someone (I don't know how to) start a facebook fan club for haters of OSO. Just a thought

14. Collapse Details

The funny part is the "CLOKESUCKERS" spend more time on SOS digging for dirt than I do !!!
    Parabellum FJ²B

15. Collapse Details

I have no interest in bashing oso. There are only a few people who have promises to keep regarding the destruction of this site. The rest of us are clean of it... on both forums. We should not make it a bigger thing than a few people who crave the drama. Just my opinion.
    I like my neighborhood. I like my old neighborhood. I have friends in both. And of course, a couple problematic folks. I don't blame the neighborhood. Individuals own their actions and posts, groups of people do not. Nothing to hate except the actions of a few.

16. Collapse Details

I just have one last thought and then have to get going. I have found that the forums I enjoy the most prohibit personal attacks in a way that the perf boat forums have failed to match. I think that personal attacks are an epidemic on offshore forums and one of the ways that we might differentiate ourselves would be to find ways to keep it to a minimum, even when we support a given agenda. That is something that might stand as a difference. I think that most people have long since become nausiated by the personal attacks and the back and forth. They are looking for fun, accurate, interesting content. And those are the people I'd like to attract.

Happy Holidays.

17. Collapse Details

AMEN

18. Collapse Details

Looks like Heather aka speedgirl is busy on OSO. My buddy comanche3six copied a post I made from this thread and put it over on oso under the cardshark thread. Looks like she took the reply out since it did not make her buddy steve or anyone else from that site look good. What ever happened to the 1st amendment? She or someone there did not like that I wrote that Jeff Chang was the inventer of OSO and not her beloved steve.

19. Collapse Details

? I thought everyone knew that Jeff started OSO?
    Abbysomeone

20. Collapse Details

Some do and some don't, on OSO the majority think steve shuble created and ran it. He bought it already up and running from Jeffrey Chang. I used to stay at a house on the weekends up in lake havasu with my family and a girl named michelle (rivergirl) was there typing the code to create the site for Jeff. It was mainly a southern calif site at the beginning and grew from there. After Jeff sold the site to Steve it was moved to southern florida where it grew by leaps and bounds. I have met numerous good people on that site over the years. When I had my problems with cardshark steve took it personal and thats where the beginning of the end started. Until cardshark I was the go to guy to move most boats for members from 16ft whalers to 50ft cats and v bottoms. I was a very outspoken person on there when someone would list a boat to move and someone else would offer to move the boat for less money due to the fact that their costs were less since I used a peterbilt to move them verse a pickup truck. As you know steve has moved on selling the site and I guess managing his families real estate holding.