Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Hey guys, I started working at a boat ramp in 1975, I have been working on and around boats ever since. Got to love it.
    Same here. Started working at the marina close to my house as a dock boy when I was 8yrs old. Gassed boats, fetched ice, counted bait, and raked more seaweed out of the ramp than I ever care to see again. All this for a whopping $1hr. I can still remember the day I brought home my first $20 bill.
    Boat-less...

2. Collapse Details

It was sad that previous "admin" on the other site would pass judgement on specific people based on loyalty to a certain racing organization. (an organization that took really good care of him-by the way). I hope this site doesn't show that same judgement, (or censorship) of members.
    Abbysomeone

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    It was sad that previous "admin" on the other site would pass judgement on specific people based on loyalty to a certain racing organization. (an organization that took really good care of him-by the way). I hope this site doesn't show that same judgement, (or censorship) of members.
    or get banned for giving there opinion on certain product's .

4. Collapse Details

Were pretty laid back, We go out of our way to PM people if there is a problem, most folks edit their own posts if they are way out of line, We are not affiliated to any specific race organization, we like em all !
    Constructive criticism is always welcome (unless it is about Stecz)
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswald View Post
    Same here. Started working at the marina close to my house as a dock boy when I was 8yrs old. Gassed boats, fetched ice, counted bait, and raked more seaweed out of the ramp than I ever care to see again. All this for a whopping $1hr. I can still remember the day I brought home my first $20 bill.

Took me a year to get up to a buck an hour. Started in a Merc outboard shop for .75 cents an hour in 1967. The shop rebuilt several powerheads and lowerunits a week, so cleaning gaskets and eventually disassembling lower units was all I got to do. Ended up staying with that shop into the 80's, the pay always sucked though.

6. Collapse Details

I worked at a marina called the sportsmans marina on the hackensack river by the giant's stadium in the late 60's. I collected the ramp fee's and operated the fuel pumps on the weekends while my family went out on the boat (31 trojan). during the summer I would live on the boat and work everyday, and I think it was for 1 dollar per hour. slept on the boat eating chef boy r dee for dinner watching a small black and white tv. I was I think about 12 years old.

7. Collapse Details

I have posted and lurked around both sites reading the chit that was being thrown around..and it did make for some interesting readin but I'm glad it has gone by the way side, at least for now...lol...but with our (i use the word "our" loosely cuz its only been about 2 year for me) type of "hobby" we love big power big boats and lets not forget the so there's gonna be some ego too and some of the BS was ego based IMO...but again...I'm glad it's gotten back to more boating and less bashing and trashing.

8. Collapse Details

hay i just got ban from oso. i got drives off a sum bag that place a add on there site. .he ripp me off so i told the storty and post some pictures . i try to warn other memebers he had other stuff to sell . i guess they dont care that they have people like that on there site???? the funny part about it he just join to sell his parts . i check all his post they were 40post that he try to make me look like the bad guy ! i sold marine parts to members on this site and never had a bad deal! i am not going on oso again!!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Sorry bob

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 600 View Post
    hay i just got ban from oso. i got drives off a sum bag that place a add on there site. .he ripp me off so i told the storty and post some pictures . i try to warn other memebers he had other stuff to sell . i guess they dont care that they have people like that on there site???? the funny part about it he just join to sell his parts . i check all his post they were 40post that he try to make me look like the bad guy ! i sold marine parts to members on this site and never had a bad deal! i am not going on oso again!!!!!
    Well, hopefully we'll be seeing more of you.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

thanks guys . its sad oso dont care about there members !!! . i email them and got no responce from them!!!. thats lame. o well i will have more time for this site thanks

12. Collapse Details

oso has never changed, it always had and always will have its little cliques of members who no matter what you say they are always right. Its funny how they put shuble up on a platform as the boating god when in fact all he did was buy the site from the person who really started it Jeffrey Chang. From my point of view steve bought a lifestyle when he bought oso. Al those pretty girls on the oso boat were just paid models. Steve couldn't get laid in a whore house. But thats what happens when you get to spend your families money. As for me the last three years I have kept my mouth closed about my texas problem. Funny thing is how a certain person keeps on selling and advertising boats on the other sites when he was the one who drove me to the marina to show me the boat in question. But he was buddies with steve and we know how the good ole boys network goes. As for this site I wish it the best and hope it slowly gets better, which I know that it will.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    oso has never changed, it always had and always will have its little cliques of members who no matter what you say they are always right. Its funny how they put shuble up on a platform as the boating god when in fact all he did was buy the site from the person who really started it Jeffrey Chang. From my point of view steve bought a lifestyle when he bought oso. Al those pretty girls on the oso boat were just paid models. Steve couldn't get laid in a whore house. But thats what happens when you get to spend your families money. As for me the last three years I have kept my mouth closed about my texas problem. Funny thing is how a certain person keeps on selling and advertising boats on the other sites when he was the one who drove me to the marina to show me the boat in question. But he was buddies with steve and we know how the good ole boys network goes. As for this site I wish it the best and hope it slowly gets better, which I know that it will.
    who is speedgirl?????

14. Collapse Details

Her name is Heather and she is the head moderator on OSO. She claims I was banned there by steve but when I made a remark on OSO about her friend Barbie and how good a driver she was, all of a sudden I was banned. When this site started she played with my ability to post until Chris asked her to behave. I have never met her and she is friends with alot of people on both sites. I know that if you piss on her wheaties on oso, you are gone. I have her phone number and sometimes I think about calling her but what good would that do. As for her and steve's friend barbie she is the sister/brother of Jo nunez from pantera boats. She could probobly bench more weight than the majority of people on here. She used to drive the OSO truck that steve bought to drive the oso top gun that was owned by pier57.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 718 View Post
    Bob if you got ripped off by this guy you should start a thread in the good bad & ugly section letting everybody know just who this guy is .

16. Collapse Details

Speedgirl hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i remember her well and her Avatar

17. Collapse Details

I was invited here way back when - have no beef with anyone in particular, not even OSO... but just choose to BS with the peeps on here as most of the keyboard racers on OSO are full of chit.... I'm not a racer - never claimed to be. I am a long time wrencher on everything from V4 Rudes to 850SCI's to the 528 Hemi's .... just love the sport.... like the guys who enjoy it as much as I do... and love to hear the chit stories from time to time...... Been on the water for over 40yrs ... same place ... I'm an original San Jacinto River Rat and damn proud of it....

back to the bashin.......

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bgchuby01 View Post
    Her name is Heather and she is the head moderator on OSO. She claims I was banned there by steve but when I made a remark on OSO about her friend Barbie and how good a driver she was, all of a sudden I was banned. When this site started she played with my ability to post until Chris asked her to behave. I have never met her and she is friends with alot of people on both sites. I know that if you piss on her wheaties on oso, you are gone. I have her phone number and sometimes I think about calling her but what good would that do. As for her and steve's friend barbie she is the sister/brother of Jo nunez from pantera boats. She could probobly bench more weight than the majority of people on here. She used to drive the OSO truck that steve bought to drive the oso top gun that was owned by pier57.
    thats for the info on her . she is the one who ban me

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Bob if you got ripped off by this guy you should start a thread in the good bad & ugly section letting everybody know just who this guy is .
    i will he is selling other parts on there

20. Collapse Details

yea I never met her but I guess she thinks her **** don't stink. Her and shuble and barbie can have a threesome. Two guys and a girl.