1. Collapse Details
    525 Cooling Question
    Every year I get into an argument with a buddy about what is cooled by water and what is cooled by the antifreeze/coolant. Can someone please help me look like I know what I am talking about? He doesn't understand the concept of a closed cooling system, but I can never quite get my words straight...help me out so I can put him in his place!!!

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    Every year I get into an argument with a buddy about what is cooled by water and what is cooled by the antifreeze/coolant. Can someone please help me look like I know what I am talking about? He doesn't understand the concept of a closed cooling system, but I can never quite get my words straight...help me out so I can put him in his place!!!
    Its simple.....the water cools the antifrezze and then goes thru the exhaust 9 cooling it ) !!!

The cold antifreeze is cooling the rest !!! and after runnign thru the engine gets cooled back down by the water !!!! LOL

But hey,,this is just a guess...i don't have closed cooling !!!!

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    It's simple.

Example....Your truck has a closed cooling system that uses air moving through a radiator to cool the coolant. Closed cooling on a boat workers the same way. But instead of air flowing through the radiator, it's sea water flowing through a heat exchanger (similar to a radiator) to dump the heat.

And I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night
    ________

4. Collapse Details

So no other internals are acutally cooled by the water, just the heat exchanger, which in turn cools the coolant that cools the engine block? Where is the heat exchanger on the 525? Is it upfront?

5. Collapse Details

The raw water flows through the heat exchanger which is the equivalent of a car's radiator. On the 525 it also flows through a fuel cooler, oil cooler and power steering fluid cooler and then out the exhaust cooling the headers.