1. Collapse Details
    2005 Donzi 26 zx Whippled 496 HO
    A few engine room Modifications seemed necessary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7053.jpg   IMG_7462.jpg   IMG_7486.JPG  

IMG_7517.jpg   IMG_7518.JPG   IMG_7521.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Nice,who did your work?I need to do this to my 27zr.How fast are you now?

3. Collapse Details

I did all the work myself. I,m still dialing in with prop testing. Brett of bblades has been helping me with his test program. The last prop I tried was a hydromotive p-5x which is a 15" 30 pitch 5 blade. I was reving 5000 rpm and hitting 75.4 mph. Brett expects to hit 79.4 mph with a Hydro P-5x 27" pitch lab finish. My boat is also 5800 lbs.

4. Collapse Details

What was the stock top end?

did you put a shorty on too? seems like a lot of blades for the stock drive.

5. Collapse Details

the Drive is presently a stock Brovo 1 X drive. But I'm getting ready to order a Teague Platinum upper before I blow this one to bits. I was running a brovo 1 4 blade but was getting to much transome lift with the high X-deminsion.
    My present x-deminsion is 3" 3/8"

6. Collapse Details

Very cool!!!! What was your original top speed before mods? What's your goal? Keep us posted,

tom

7. Collapse Details

New from the factory with a Brovo 1 24" pitch 68mph. When I installed my 496 CMI Sport tubes I steped up to a Brovo 1 26" pitch and increased speed to 69.4mph,but my slippage went from 10% to 16%. Since my Whipple install I have so far gotten to 75.3mph,but I'm still testing props. bblades say he thinks I will get 79.5 mph with a labed Hydromotive 5 blade 27" pitch. 80 mph would be nice! Don

8. Collapse Details

How many hours on motor after whipple install?? Did you upgrade anything else on the motor..oil cooler, heat exchanger etc....just curious

9. Collapse Details

I've got about 15 hours on the motor since adding the suppercharger. I installed a new oil cooler from Hardin Marine,it's their large one for 700 to 1000 hp engine with temp. thermostate and power steering cooler. Look in the engine compartment picture, and you can seen it next to the engine (Red) on starbord side.I also added a new power steering resivore and drive resivore.

10. Collapse Details

Thanks for the info...

11. Collapse Details

I have done quite a bit of blowers at my shop. The whipple is one of my fav's.. The it's a nice compliment to the ZX.. It really woke up my zx when I did it a few years ago.. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

C,mon Ed, you know you want me to put one on your boat this winter.. I had one on my Zx a few years ago, now this nice Zx has one too.. Your turn... lol Jamie / Lakeside

12. Collapse Details

I'm having a blast with it now! the installation was easy, but getting the Recal done right took 9 months. Whipple whiped out the origional program and after that my smart start wouldn't work. I had to send my ecu back to them 6 times.

13. Collapse Details

That sux.. I know I have heard of one going back on occasion, but We haven't really had any problems with his ECM cals to date..