Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GEICO / SBI UPDATE

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I guess it wasnt such a slam dunk, that everyone thought. Its funny how things change when both side of the story come out.

3. Collapse Details

i didnt even know
    im glad they resolved the issues
    will SBI still run there aug race over on the east cost of fl

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    May I ask where the turbine class is now ?
    JBS ? I cant tell . One day its poker runs ,next day ? I,m sure they have it hard with no sponsor .I certaintly could not do it .

The one from new york ( black and orange mystic ) out due to Bad health ( sorry get well soon )
    Which leaves ? one . I dont see it on OSS or SBI spec racing .
    I hope they are still going to race . They are a class act team .

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Yes the Cocoa Beach race in schedule for August.

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    I guess it wasnt such a slam dunk, that everyone thought. Its funny how things change when both side of the story come out.

Yeah,,,funny.....70 viewed this and none of the bashers from the original starting post came on here and said a word...lol

But hey...its the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Scott,
    The first version worked better for them, didnt matter it it was the truth. All we heard about was Geico's high powered attorneys and what they were going to do to SBI. I guess that plan didnt work, but I'm sure they will come up with some new drama.

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    It never made any sense to me.. It seemed petty to me and as a result they could not show up at most of the Florida races where their race shop was. It seemed inevitable they would settle it before the season past them by.

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    new drama.
    I learned that is what racing is all about !!!!!!! LOL

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    It never made any sense to me.. It seemed petty to me and as a result they could not show up at most of the Florida races where their race shop was. It seemed inevitable they would settle it before the season past them by.
    So where are they ? Is there still a turbine class? Or just the one ?

11. Collapse Details

it dosent say who did just just that both sides agreed on a settlement basically so for those that not a slam dunk not this not that till you have read the final outcome its all speculation to us since it is confined and only the parties involved know...

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD MOTORSPORTS View Post
    it dosent say who did just just that both sides agreed on a settlement basically so for those that not a slam dunk not this not that till you have read the final outcome its all speculation to us since it is confined and only the parties involved know...
    Correct, but after it was posted about there will be a law sute..everybody jumped the gun with out knowing the truth to the hole story then and bashed SBI for some things they read on the internet with out even racing and knowing what really is going on !!!!

Anyhow...i am personaly glad that this is over no matter what did what or who did where what..lol

There is always 2 sides to every story......

13. Collapse Details

DD

You have no idea what the outcome was since you are not part of SBI or Geico. What we do know is that SBI posted all over that they had CBS televison and many racers invested in that misrepresentation.

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    DD

You have no idea what the outcome was since you are not part of SBI or Geico. What we do know is that SBI posted all over that they had CBS televison and many racers invested in that misrepresentation.
    And like always,,,your not racing ..if u do, u loose and your the biggest talker about things u don't have a clue...!!!!!

Damn,,,,your funny !!!

15. Collapse Details

Just got off the phone with Ken Scherer, the attorney for Geico in its $150,000 lawsuit against Super Boat International over a television deal that never materialized. Scherer and attorneys for SBI met yesterday in a mediation session in Palm Beach, Fla.

“The parties resolved their differences,” he said. “It was resolved amicably and the litigation will be discontinued.”

Because of a confidentiality agreement between the two parties, Scherer said he could offer no further detail.

Those who regularly follow this blog know I like to end the week with good news. And this is definitely good news.

Why?

Because there’s more than enough fragmentation in offshore racing—I contend that fragmentation is the No. 1 problem in offshore racing—and this lawsuit, regardless of merit, wasn’t going to bring anyone “closer together.” Lawsuits do just the opposite. They polarize. They create sides. They leave hard feelings. Very hard feelings.

And if unity is a goal for offshore racing—I contend it is the No. 1 goal for the offshore racing—hard feelings are the last thing the sport needs. Not for the racers, not for the fans.

The curious out there will dig for detail and, lacking that, resort to speculation. For me, it’s enough that the lawsuit was “resolved amicably.” That was good enough for Geico and SBI, so it’s good enough for me.

And it’s definitely good for the sport.

What I got out of this is Geico and SBI sat in a room and the SBI attorney realized they would not win in a court case. Geico's attorneys realized they would spend 75k to collect 150k; also not a good business move.

Both party's settled on a amount (lets say 75k) and SBI wrote a check. Not wanting the settlement public is a wise move on SBI's part. If other teams felt "cheated" from the TV deal gone south they might be tempted to step up and sue SBI also.

16. Collapse Details

In the end, Cockaroaches, Twinkies and John Carbonell.
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TR View Post
    What I got out of this is Geico and SBI sat in a room and the SBI attorney realized they would not win in a court case. Geico's attorneys realized they would spend 75k to collect 150k; also not a good business move.

Both party's settled on a amount (lets say 75k) and SBI wrote a check. Not wanting the settlement public is a wise move on SBI's part. If other teams felt "cheated" from the TV deal gone south they might be tempted to step up and sue SBI also.

If that is what u read there...then u know more then anybody !!!

Where does it say they would need to spend 75 k and where did u get that # from ???

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AugiePensa View Post
    In the end, Cockaroaches, Twinkies and John Carbonell.
    YEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....and schultzi !!!!!!! hahahaha

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    And like always,,,Im not racing ..if I do, I loose and I am the biggest talker about things I don't have a clue...!!!!!

Damn,,,,Im funny !!!
    Beautiful self assessment........ Dean races, dontates his time and money to putting races on, and knows a lot about the sport (though he is still trying to learn how to turn)

What have you done lately besides saying your going to race then not showing up and blaming the world for it?
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Beautiful self assessment........ Dean races, dontates his time and money to putting races on, and knows a lot about the sport (though he is still trying to learn how to turn)

What have you done lately besides saying your going to race then not showing up and blaming the world for it?
    Wonder why u change my post in your quote...and i said in a complete thread that i am done...the only reason Dean is posting on this here is to bash SBI like always...where did he race this year ???? When did he win ????
    I don't brag what i did or do,, i also don't bash any of the organizations like most of them do !!!!!

I will race again one day...if i ever get some funding...i spend about 150 K in the last 3 years so he is not the only one spending money to do this..everybody does !!!!!!!

I also do not blame the rest of the world, i only blame people that make promisses to me and then back out,,which made me look stupid in the end...but hey lesson learned !

I posted this actually to be a great info thread and not to bash anybody, or turn it in to a DD against all no sayers thread....but hey...it shows how most of u think and its just funny...LMAO

See u all in SIB !!!!

PS.. hope Dean is there to race and support his organisation !!!!!
    But i guess he is just a keyboard racer with a fountain !!!!

Later !!!!!!