Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Sean, you are entitled to your opinion, but this is mine, based on my own personal experience and perspective. Sorry, but I will not hold on a second. Frankly, the best thing he could do for himself and others is to keep quiet and just race. He is holding the boycotters' bag now and the results of their efforts are plain - they took 80+ boats, TV, GM, series sponsors, a great set of rules, and a 10 race national schedule and destroyed all of it, hurting the sport and dozens of his fellow racers in the process. His reasons and motivation for doing so are irrelevant. Results are what matters and they failed miserably.
    Fair enough concerning opinions....
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Yes I have but I usually talk with Paul Rey or Ian Hawkins.....

Sean...after talking with them...what do you think....and would you run there engines...

Nick is the one thats on SOS and OSO...and puts guys that are interested to the right people....

I think its good that a rep from there company is on here....to answer questions and give us some updates of there equipment...

3. Collapse Details

I have a call into Paul Rey and waiting for a return call....I would run their engines....

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ilmor makes a great product, we should only hope they continue to show interest in Offshore.

5. Collapse Details

+100

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Ilmor makes a great product, we should only hope they continue to show interest in Offshore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    +100
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

I'm curious as to the warranty offered if engines are ran in a raceboat.

8. Collapse Details

With Mercury Racing they gave us no warranty....my first year after the 4th race we told Merc we were not pulling the hp that it should..sent them the motor with less then 8 hours...they told I had ban compression and they had to rebuilt it...they charged me $5400 for it...I remeber telling Jim Arvis after they did it...and he said that was BS anf they should have not charged me a penny with 8 hours on the motor....

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member, Competitor Cookee's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    The talk is capping it at 30 because all currently racing SVL boats are 30 or less.
    Well we'll never manage to lose 4 feet - it would have to be a brand new boat ...........

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    I had ban compression and they had to rebuilt it...they charged me $5400 for it...I remeber telling Jim Arvis after they did it...and he said that was BS anf they should have not charged me a penny with 8 hours on the motor....
    What did they have to rebuild, the top end? We are talking about a 525, right?

8 hrs on the engine, they should have at least thrown you a bone....that is disappointing to hear.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    What did they have to rebuild, the top end? We are talking about a 525, right?

8 hrs on the engine, they should have at least thrown you a bone....that is disappointing to hear.
    It was in towards the end of the 2001 season....and it was there HP500..
    They said they were cutting me a break at the $5400 price...plus we had to pay to pull the motor and ship it and put it back in...

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    It was in towards the end of the 2001 season....and it was there HP500..
    They said they were cutting me a break at the $5400 price...plus we had to pay to pull the motor and ship it and put it back in...
    they phucked you....you would have been better sending them to Innovation

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    they phucked you....you would have been better sending them to Innovation
    Yeap...but would it made a differance...Merc said no warranty...

14. Collapse Details

I love my Ilmor powered Revenger rib so much i had to say no thanks to one of you on this forum who emailed me asking if it was still for sale,driving it has become addictive.with 85 US gallons of fuel and two people we still get 85mph,20 galls and one person the best we have ever seen is 94mph. I would recommend Ilmor to anyone.Check this footage out,i took out Revengers French dealer and some customers for a leisurely cruise at our one and only rib show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLGs...os=HEFCZYYdK2E

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    I feel like I gotta apolize to Ilmor for this thread even though I have no other posts in it. I for one sure appreciate Ilmor's attempt to grow thier marine business and thank them for helping sponsor events.

Thank you.
    +1

Good thing most of us are regulars and can distinguish the bull$hit from valid posts on here.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GRM625 View Post
    I love my Ilmor powered Revenger rib so much i had to say no thanks to one of you on this forum who emailed me asking if it was still for sale,driving it has become addictive.with 85 US gallons of fuel and two people we still get 85mph,20 galls and one person the best we have ever seen is 94mph. I would recommend Ilmor to anyone.Check this footage out,i took out Revengers French dealer and some customers for a leisurely cruise at our one and only rib show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLGs...os=HEFCZYYdK2E
    Thats just a great set up for that boat....I believe the 29 revenge is the same as the AR9 Airship here in the states...the Ilmor 625 and Airship was one of first combos we looked to build last Jan

17. Collapse Details

Hi Manitie,Revenger and Airship are different companies check out www.revenger.co.uk have a look at the 'about us' section then check out achievements and history.

18. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Hi Manitie,Revenger and Airship are different companies check out www.revenger.co.uk have a look at the 'about us' section then check out achievements and history.
    Cool RIB! I have SACS I really like it but it is lower tech then your Revenger. I also have Thundercat 13" with a 50. RIB's are great boats!
    Steve

19. Collapse Details

I wish you would have gave her up to me...I was looking at that boat when it was for sale in the states....but already was racing the Dragon...
    if you ever want to give her up...you know were you can reach me....

Steve...is that not sick....94mph in a rib