Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Dave, I will look forward to meeting you. Do you enjoy Margaritas?

Gino, I can introduce you to Martin in St Clair. He will be able to answer all your questions and explain his intentions for P1. Yes, He understands everyone needs time to prepare for next season.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Dave, I will look forward to meeting you. Do you enjoy Margaritas?

Gino, I can introduce you to Martin in St Clair. He will be able to answer all your questions and explain his intentions for P1. Yes, He understands everyone needs time to prepare for next season.
    margaritas??? I was introduced to key lime pina coladas in sunny isles. don't think st clair is going to have the same atmoshere. looking forward to not sweating my ballz off.

3. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
    margaritas??? I was introduced to key lime pina coladas in sunny isles. don't think st clair is going to have the same atmoshere. looking forward to not sweating my ballz off.
    UH, Michigan is pretty hot and humid around then, so u should still have sweaty balls and probably swamp ass too................
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Nick,

I think ILMOR will be a great fit for P1 and alot of other classes . You guys build a good solid package, and that what we r all looking for.

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    The sport need companies like ILMOR, and Throttle-UP fresh idea great products and even better pricing. No one should be so quick to say it doesnt work, we all need to listen and see what Nick has to say. All he has asked is to give his Company a chance to talk to racers and show what they offer .

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ILMORdude View Post
    Steve, if i remember correctly, that article was our 625 vs. Merc 600SCi. And that was NOT a very good article. We need a new head to head, accurate comaprison so we can get you guys into some aluminum V-10's!!
    Agreed! That article was laughable. Boating Journalism in the high performance arena is many times is based on advertising dollars.
    Steve

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ILMORdude View Post
    UH, Michigan is pretty hot and humid around then, so u should still have sweaty balls and probably swamp ass too................
    sorry but there's no comparsion to south florida vs mich. I'm sure you can ask anyone at Sweaty Isles they would rather be north??

Johnson baby powder would be a good series sponsor!!!

8. Collapse Details

back on track about Ilmor......

It would be cool to see a set of Ilmor 570's and indy drives in a catlite.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    I have been involved with Pat when I was racing with Ragamuffin....he does build some terrific $hit.....Also the statement Randy made about 150k all in for a new boat that's whats needed to grow this class.....We have something in hand that is working at the moment let's not lose site of the big picture this time....as in we have a class that is unified and has P1 USA writing checks and we are having fun....this is what it is all about boys and girls!!!!!!
    Man you are getting old....The class will grow if you have diversity. If you say to engine manufactures you cannot play then they will race somewhere else. You guys are saying go negative $400,000 and we will let you in.... What is in it for the engine manufacture?

What about the 28 bat boat with the ilmor is it legal to race?

pat W
    Unique Innovative Drivetrain Solutions

10. Collapse Details

Ilmordude, I beleive you are on the right track. Miklos offered up a 525 to dyno and log results, you should probably jump on this and log data, even if just for information purposes. If P1 power to weight rules will apply for SVL next year this is something you would want approved ASAP. The SVL class right now appears to be drawing quite a bit of attention and more boats, including new boats will be entering the class by year end. With that said, the only option right now is the Merc 525. New boats coming in this year will need to purchase the Mercs with the current rules. Chances of a racer buying a 525 to run this year and pulling it to buy an Ilmor for start of next season will be pretty slim. I do not think the racers budget for this class will allow it. I, for one will be entering a new boat this year and most definitely would run the Ilmor over the Merc. I would prefer to have the extra weight savings of the motor built into the construction of the boat.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Merc 525 is an extremely stout race motor with a great reputation for withstanding many trouble free hours of WOT hammering race after race.

Building an engine in the 570HP range may do well in the high performance/poker run arena as well. Many boats out there are running the Bravo drive which in most cases limits the HP to 550/600. Most of these owners turn to the custom engine builders to build GM based engines in this HP range.

As far as the SVL, you may want to procure a copy of the current rules and speak with the leaders of SBI, OSS/P1 and OPA. From what I understand, the boats in this class regardless of the sanctioning body registered with should be able to compete with each other under any of the above banners and fit into each set of rules.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    First of all I didn't quit...not that you directed that at me anyway....I would say that questioning things isn't negative but sometimes the way that the question is posed or the statement is stated is negative maybe not intentionally or then again intentionally.....so with that being said I believe that P1/USA VL class is in its infancy and therefore learning to grow and as such when something grows there is a learning curve!!! Now then what I believe is that a majority of the class has positive attitude towards what we are trying to build.....personally I think that the HP/Weight rules should apply but I do understand that it may make some of the boats obsolete.....So how do we get from where we are to where we want to be and continue to successfully grow the class while we do it???? Well that is the $64,000 question!!!!!
    Not for nothing but we kinda had some success growing classes and keeping older equipment competitive beyond the normal half season shelf life, and right now SVL is NOT growing but shrinking. Skater Dave is right, and the way some of you guys talk is ridiculous, Ilmor has got to be laughing. Give 15 engines away? Mercury never gave anything away (except secretly to a select few) and still made a fortune.

If you guys are serious about actually rebuilding SVL, then frickin' pass a set of rules and lock them in for 3 years. Until you do that then all the non-negative talk is nothing but mental masterbation.

12. Collapse Details

While you are laughing, the Illmore motor is sitting on the shelf. I only made a suggestion not a statement or demand. I will stop now and let you all tell us racers that race what we should do. Continue Mike A. Advertisement is not free!!!!! Masterbate away my friend.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    While you are laughing, the Illmore motor is sitting on the shelf. I only made a suggestion not a statement or demand. I will stop now and let you all tell us racers that race what we should do. Continue Mike A. Advertisement is not free!!!!! Masterbate away my friend.
    Randy,

Last time I looked, I was not just some random person off the street offering advice. For many years I actually did tell racers what to do and based on everything I heard from people in SIB, and since, my advice is more than welcome. When I left in 2003 we had 80+ boats. OSS is down to 12. Maybe, just maybe, you could stop taking things so personally, and just consider what I am saying. I mean seriously, we did sort of create a good competition model; one that is responsible for SVL.

14. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    You told them alright. Until they good bye.

Last time I checked this was Ilmordude's thread about his racers..

Mike, any chance you can start your own thread?.. Maybe title it .... Oh your can come up with your own title I am sure.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    You told them alright. Until they good bye.

Last time I checked this was Ilmordude's thread about his racers..

Mike, any chance you can start your own thread?.. Maybe title it .... Oh your can come up with your own title I am sure.
    And how did that work out? 12 boats? No TV, and you standing on the dock with a uniform on sweating your @#$#!@4 off looking rather silly. Awesome. So no Jimmy, I will not start my own thread. I will weigh in when and where I please. If you do not like what I post then do not read it. Block me for all I care. You have nothing to say about this anyway since you have no skin in the game. My advice is meant for owners (at least ones with a modicum of intelligence), and ILMOR (you know, an engine builder, like the people I have secured as vendors, sponsors, and TV advertisers) not you. Have you run a series? Secured GM or any other Fortune 500 company as a series or even team sponsor? Have you ever done an engine deal? Have you ever produced a race? A television series? I did not think so. And I even have more wheel time in an SVL this year than you. So really, why don't you just shoosh.

16. Collapse Details

Ok I am confused!

We are supposed to be all excited about P1 a failed business enterprise sometimes giving us $1000.00 (while Martin drains it's budget with his expense reports) per race if we meet their criteria for an unknown business model and Ilmor has to give out 15 engines to get our approval?

Let's go to to the white board and spell it out:

Ilmor world known in motorsports owned by Roger Penske a World known racer, multi series team owner industrialist and businessman (also raced offshore). Also has the commercial rights to all things Marlboro in the US motorsports arena.

Mike A. the only guy on here who has put on races, TV, built a competion model that attracted more than Fountain powerboats. Made a few mistakes hired Martin let me talk him and the LLC board out of firing Mike Tomlinson (also boat salesman and manufacturer rep) on three occasions (my bad).

Randy: A racer who's best known for racing in Mike A's series

Sean. A good guy who Martin made sit on the trailer with a legal Cigarette F2 while he (as Mike's homologation director) let Fountain run wild.

Martin. Worked for Mike A. Best known as a boat salesman for a bankrupt company that bilked investors. During his time with LLC Fountain (his employer) was infamous for technical infractions (tell everyone about the MSD boxes Jimmy) Martin was a total failure selling sponsorship's for the LLC. I do not think he has ever owned a successful business. His own friend Anddrew Corn (owner Talk Offshore) insisted we remove him after multiple manufacturers cried foul and Drew replaced him as homologation director.

Asif. Left the racers in Europe high and dry and on very short notice. While he may be a nice guy and does appears to contribute his wealth to the sport, clearly he changes lanes with no notice. I am sure Martin has promised him he can sell magor sponsor deals here in the US. (note to Asif call Mike A.). Currently P1 has no race sites and could only exist under OPA or SBI. P1 is UIM in the USA that means APBA sanctions and fees. Mercury Racing has significant influence in APBA (run Ilmor run)

And to finish things off. GM was giving racers engines until Mercury Racing threatened the LLC and GM ( a supplier). A deal was struck to charge racers 7k per year for an engine with full warranty along with an additional $100K purse and huge car and truck discounts.

You guys make no sense and are simply acting like sheep!

Perhaps if we all sing along we can convince ourselves the Japeneese did not attack Pearl Harbor.
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Miklos; 06-20-2010 at 10:20 AM.

17. Collapse Details

so back to Ilmor.........

Ilmordude are you guys working on overhead cams for the v-10's. whats next for Ilmor?

how are the regular motors set up? do they use the standard merc plug in harness? what kind of sending units are they prepped with?

What about a 850ish hp motor for supercat???????

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
    so back to Ilmor.........

Ilmordude are you guys working on overhead cams for the v-10's. whats next for Ilmor?

how are the regular motors set up? do they use the standard merc plug in harness? what kind of sending units are they prepped with?

What about a 850ish hp motor for supercat???????
    Why not approve the ILMOR engine at 570 right now?

19. Collapse Details

I will say it a little slower. Your super duppppper series faillllled. And we should listen to Mike A. why?????

Back to the thread at hand. Illmore I wish you all the best in offshore racing. Please do what ever you feel is best for your company to break into our sport and being a house hold name.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    I will say it a little slower. Your super duppppper series faillllled. And we should listen to Mike A. why?????

Back to the thread at hand. Illmore I wish you all the best in offshore racing. Please do what ever you feel is best for your company to break into our sport and being a house hold name.
    MD
    Randy

You sound like Pee Wee Herman saying "I know you are but what am I"

You should remember when making such comments Martin was the president of the LLC so go easy there or your current crusade is rather tarnished from the start.
    You are not only just ignoring basic facts you are also just plain chasing money.
    You loved OSS because you got a good payout. That's great But racers like Billy M. were kicking in heavy so that purse could be met for your team.
    That does not appear to bother you but it would me.

The enterprise (OSS) was a total commercial failure and yet you pick at Mike.

Now you want Asif's money. You need to come to realize that racing needs to support itself. there is no good reason for others to pay for us to play. We need to sell product to get checks with any regularity.

Please for once in your life tell us a plan and show us something that will work. rather than just sucking up to whoever sprinkles a few bucks on the sport.

Steve