1. Collapse Details
    Thunderbolt IV Ignition Questions...
    Registered
    My Fresh SBC stroker is getting ready to go in my Formula. I am not upgrading to a full MSD setup yet, but I do want to freshen up all of existing ignition parts.

I have the Thunderbolt IV ignition. Summit Racing has the Mallory replacement Cap and Rotor in stock, but I can not find the wires. Summit says July 12 for a delivery date. I know the cap and rotor are obviously distributor specific, but must I use the Mallory Thunderbolt IV wires too? Anybody know of a suitable replacement? The wires are not brittle, or spotted or anything, I would just rather have them all fresh.

Here are the parts I am looking at. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-9-29350/
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MAA-9-28001/

2. Collapse Details

Mercuiser part # 84-816761Q17 would work just fine bam has them for $69.00.

3. Collapse Details

You can get MSD 8.5 wires for $75 from summit that work with the thunderbolt IV. I don't remember the part number though but I think I still have the box laying around if you can't figure out what you need. I just sold a set.

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    You can get MSD 8.5 wires for $75 from summit that work with the thunderbolt IV. I don't remember the part number though but I think I still have the box laying around if you can't figure out what you need. I just sold a set.
    If you can find a part number that would be great. I tried calling their tech line and they had no idea. Thanks for the help!

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    Well, I went ahead and went with a standard set of MSD wires. I can't see any reason the wires should not work. I got the Thunderbolt specific cap kit, so that should hold me over until I get the full MSD set up.