Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Formula Returns to Offshore
    In 1962, Don Aronow had a vision; create and manufacture the premier performance boat. His first endeavor became known as Formula Powerboats and he built the 233 Deep-V which later earned notable victories in the national offshore racing circuit. While Don had moved on to grow and sell several high performance companies, the Formula tradition continues on with his original vision. The Porter family has kept the legend alive by continuing to strive for performance perfection, something that Don would be proud of today. In addition to the current Fas3tech line of boats, Formula also offers Bowriders, Sun Sports, Super Sports, Cruisers, and Yachts to meet the needs and desires of every boating enthusiast.

Ted Porter, vice president of Formula Powerboats, is proud to announce the formation of a new team to compete on the Offshore Powerboat Association Series presented by GEICO. After consulting with Ray Pusillo of ‘Affiliated Resources’ a powerboat racing promotions and sponsorship agency, the concept of getting Formula Boats back in the mix was conceived, Ray proposed that TnT Racing, is the best candidate for the new alliance.

This new team, named “Formulaboats.com”, will utilize the 382 Formula Fas3tech, which has several national and world titles on its resume. Tabbed to be in the cockpit are Scott O’Connor of Bradenton, FL and Trent Weyant of Palm Coast, FL. both from TnT Racing. In addition to the resume of the 382 Formula Fas3tech, Scott and Trent bring several national and world titles to the team as well as achieving the first ever Triple Crown, obtained by winning the Florida, National, and World Championship in the same season.

Ted, also the president of Precision Performance Engineering (PPE), is joining forces with Trent Weyant and TnT Racing, adding the offshore team to compliment his highly successful U-5 and U-7 H1 Unlimited Hydroplane teams. Highlights include winning the 2006 ABRA National High Points Championship and the 2009 Oryx Cup UIM World Championship.

Everyone involved is looking forward to showcasing the Fas3tech technology as well as continue the winning tradition and add to the legacy of Formula Powerboats.

For more information about Formula Powerboats go to www.Formulaboats.com . You can also follow the “Formulaboats.com” Offshore Race Team at www.tntoffshore.com
    and the H1 Unlimited “Formulaboats.com” team at www.u5racing.com
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    In 1962, Don Aronow had a vision; create and manufacture the premier performance boat. His first endeavor became known as Formula Powerboats and he built the 233 Deep-V which later earned notable victories in the national offshore racing circuit. While Don had moved on to grow and sell several high performance companies, the Formula tradition continues on with his original vision. The Porter family has kept the legend alive by continuing to strive for performance perfection, something that Don would be proud of today. In addition to the current Fas3tech line of boats, Formula also offers Bowriders, Sun Sports, Super Sports, Cruisers, and Yachts to meet the needs and desires of every boating enthusiast.

Ted Porter, vice president of Formula Powerboats, is proud to announce the formation of a new team to compete on the Offshore Powerboat Association Series presented by GEICO. After consulting with Ray Pusillo of ‘Affiliated Resources’ a powerboat racing promotions and sponsorship agency, the concept of getting Formula Boats back in the mix was conceived, Ray proposed that TnT Racing, is the best candidate for the new alliance.

This new team, named “Formulaboats.com”, will utilize the 382 Formula Fas3tech, which has several national and world titles on its resume. Tabbed to be in the cockpit are Scott O’Connor of Bradenton, FL and Trent Weyant of Palm Coast, FL. both from TnT Racing. In addition to the resume of the 382 Formula Fas3tech, Scott and Trent bring several national and world titles to the team as well as achieving the first ever Triple Crown, obtained by winning the Florida, National, and World Championship in the same season.

Ted, also the president of Precision Performance Engineering (PPE), is joining forces with Trent Weyant and TnT Racing, adding the offshore team to compliment his highly successful U-5 and U-7 H1 Unlimited Hydroplane teams. Highlights include winning the 2006 ABRA National High Points Championship and the 2009 Oryx Cup UIM World Championship.

Everyone involved is looking forward to showcasing the Fas3tech technology as well as continue the winning tradition and add to the legacy of Formula Powerboats.

For more information about Formula Powerboats go to www.Formulaboats.com . You can also follow the “Formulaboats.com” Offshore Race Team at www.tntoffshore.com
    mmmmmhhhhh,,,,,did u go from fountain to formula now ??

3. Collapse Details

Trent,

first of all, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!I know you have worked you azz off for this

Call me when you get a chance, you know whatever you need(in Florida at least), i'll do my best to help out

Rick

4. Collapse Details

Congrats all...382 F2's were bad azz...

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    And this is the boat that is going to be beating Simmons this year??

6. Collapse Details

Congrats! That is great for you, the sport, OPA and Formula.

Is it Hatcher's former boat?

7. Collapse Details

Way to go Trent
    Was definitely worth the wait despite what someone says.

In racing you can never be brand loyal is a saying I heard quoted many times...
    Like Enzo Ferrari said...every winning car is beautiful.
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Stupid people never change their adithude...but my post ,that i deleted was not ment in a bad way !!

Be safe Trent !

9. Collapse Details

Just spoke with Trent, but one of our phones cut out halfway thru the conversation, i am pretty sure this is the boat.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1831225

10. Collapse Details

pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

4.jpg   6.jpg   7.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Just spoke with Trent, but one of our phones cut out halfway thru the conversation, i am pretty sure this is the boat.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1831225
    I apologize Rick, it was me, I keep seeing that a particular cell company promises that 97% of the country is covered by their service, but I seem to always find that 3% area

The guys are over at the shop now working feverishly getting it ready so we can make the midnight run up to Ocean City. Shouldnt be that much longer!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and also a huge thanks to Ted Porter and Formula Powerboats for this wonderful opportunity!!

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

12. Collapse Details

I apologize Rick, it was me, I keep seeing that a particular cell company promises that 97% of the country is covered by their service, but I seem to always find that 3% area

The guys are over at the shop now working feverishly getting it ready so we can make the midnight run up to Ocean City. Shouldnt be that much longer!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and also a huge thanks to Ted Porter and Formula Powerboats for this wonderful opportunity!!

Trent

No problem Trent,

If I didnt have family at the house this weekend, I would cut out of work now, and ride up north with ya. See you in Miami

Rick

13. Collapse Details

Very Nice Trent. Now get yer A$$ up here!
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AugiePensa View Post
    Very Nice Trent. Now get yer A$$ up here!
    Augie,

Trent just sent me a pic on my cell of his truck hooked up to it, I assume they are leaving now, you should see them tomorrow. Are you gonna be in SIB?

Rick

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Augie,

Trent just sent me a pic on my cell of his truck hooked up to it, I assume they are leaving now, you should see them tomorrow. Are you gonna be in SIB?

Rick
    He better be, or i have concrete shoes for the godfather !!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Congrats! That is great for you, the sport, OPA and Formula.

Is it Hatcher's former boat?

Hatcher brothers boat was a 353...

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Formula racing DNF ???????

can anybody confirm this ??

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Formula racing DNF ???????

can anybody confirm this ??
    I will make the call in the AM, had the in-laws over for the day, just kicked them out now.

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERPLAY33 View Post
    Hatcher brothers boat was a 353...
    The boat in the pic is the hatchers old boat. it has been in one of our shops for a couple of years now. they also had a 41.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    The boat in the pic is the hatchers old boat. it has been in one of our shops for a couple of years now. they also had a 41.

What pic?