Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 600 View Post
    did you test your boat yet????
    . Well, I have not rsn her wide open yet... I have slapped her down ran her up to about 4700 rpm and it was going 69. I loooooove my 1.5 drive so much. And my old tach was off for sure. My new livorsi gauges are working well. That speed was gps off of my phone... not quite sure how accurate but oh well. I'm going to do a few more plug checks and after next oil change and after I fix my killswitch I will do a speed run. That kill switch is stuck. I putt her off and she kept runnin for about 2 minutes until the switch popped out.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    . Well, I have not rsn her wide open yet... I have slapped her down ran her up to about 4700 rpm and it was going 69. I loooooove my 1.5 drive so much. And my old tach was off for sure. My new livorsi gauges are working well. That speed was gps off of my phone... not quite sure how accurate but oh well. I'm going to do a few more plug checks and after next oil change and after I fix my killswitch I will do a speed run. That kill switch is stuck. I putt her off and she kept runnin for about 2 minutes until the switch popped out.
    You may be overproped, let us know what you find out.

3. Collapse Details

On the 454 block don't forget to bore notch the block to unshroud the the valves. Also the 188's are the better choice. Talk to bob for the cam and JimV (Valako Race Heads) for the GM heads. How much power are you looking to build? What are the goals of the build? You can go mild to wild with heads, it's only money. And these might be the 496 pistons you might want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails borenotch.jpg  
    Last edited by Rookie; 05-30-2010 at 12:25 AM.

4. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    You may be overproped, let us know what you find out.
    I gave her a little hell last night started to chine walk. 5600 rpms and I let off. I think she is proped ok for the moment. But I am just so happy with its plaining and acceleration with the 1.5 drive. It is so much easier on my engine. Ill wait for the holiday weekend to pass and mabye go out on a weeknight and see what she does
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.