1. Collapse Details
    2003 Chevy Tahoe heated seat question.
    Wife says when she pushes the button on her heated seat it goes off after a minute or so. I do not know much about working on her car so I guess I will be learning, this seems to be a problem and the fuel pump needs to be replaced. It runs out of gas at 1/2 a tank but runs when you fill it up. Weirdest thing I have ever seen.

2. Collapse Details

Let me know if you figure out the heated seat problem. Our 2004 Suburban the drive seat does that also but the passenger seat is ok. But if the passenger side is on and you try to turn the drive side on then it turns the passengers off. My wife doesn't like when I do that to her. I haven't had anyone look at it since to me it's no big deal but if it's something simple or doesn't cost much to fix then I could get ours fixed.

3. Collapse Details

Well I do not know yet. Still looking for an answer. I thought maybe a relay was bad or something. I will let you know if I find anything. Maybe soon I will need to go buy some parts for my truck at the dealer and maybe I can chat with them about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tstuck View Post
    Let me know if you figure out the heated seat problem. Our 2004 Suburban the drive seat does that also but the passenger seat is ok. But if the passenger side is on and you try to turn the drive side on then it turns the passengers off. My wife doesn't like when I do that to her. I haven't had anyone look at it since to me it's no big deal but if it's something simple or doesn't cost much to fix then I could get ours fixed.

4. Collapse Details

Um, yea, maybe this winter I will figure it out. I did put her a new fuel pump in so it would start below half a tank.

5. Collapse Details

Whole bunch of other stuff started going crazy with the seat. Motor on seat so I guess the heated stuff is related. The assembly under the seat, the track motor that the seat sits on is $700.00 from dealer. My wife said forget about it. I would assume anything related seat wise is this part.

Here are some other things I am or have worked on.

oil pressure sending unit. behind intake manifold. I have big hands. Bit** to get to. Used a mirror on a stick I got at Home Depot or you can get at Auto Parts stores. I had to order a special socket to get it out. Not hard but tricky. $30.00 for the sending unit $12.00 for the socket.

The bushing on the rear axle control, it controls axle wrap. Those wore out. Easy 5 minute fix. That part is $50.00 from Dealer.

Currently the engine light is on. I checked codes and it is throwing a lean condition code and check fuel pressure/ mass air flow sensor. Auto Zone said maybe fuel pump. I just put a fuel pump on it. I think the first thing I need to change is the fuel filter, maybe it got crap in it while I changed the fuel pump. I hope it clears up with that change.

Quote Originally Posted by tstuck View Post

6. Collapse Details

Glad to have you back on here and posting. lol

7. Collapse Details

The seat heater element is a very common failure in the heated seats. You need to check resistance to the bottom and back element seperately. It should be about 1 -5.5 ohms anything more and it shuts off like you described. If those are in spec it most likely would be the memory module.

8. Collapse Details

Slowly getting back in the groove here.

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    Glad to have you back on here and posting. lol

9. Collapse Details

Thanks! I will put it on my list, knocked a pretty good chunk in it today.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    The seat heater element is a very common failure in the heated seats. You need to check resistance to the bottom and back element seperately. It should be about 1 -5.5 ohms anything more and it shuts off like you described. If those are in spec it most likely would be the memory module.