1. Collapse Details
    Trailer Winch Strap
    I have a 29 Fountain and just bought this (see link). It says it has a 10,000 lbs breaking strength. Compared to the one that I took off (because of freying) it seems much smaller. Should I get one with a higher breaking strength? Where would I be able to find something like that?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10761

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    I have a 29 Fountain and just bought this (see link). It says it has a 10,000 lbs breaking strength. Compared to the one that I took off (because of freying) it seems much smaller. Should I get one with a higher breaking strength? Where would I be able to find something like that?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...classNum=10761
    Thats the one i have , 100% fine !!!

3. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Good thing your changing your strap before it breaks. I broke one while pulling my boat out of the water a few years ago. Good thing I had (and always use) my safety chain. Otherwise, my boat would have been sitting on the ramps concrete.
    ________

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Thats the one i have , 100% fine !!!

Ditto!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Good thing your changing your strap before it breaks. I broke one while pulling my boat out of the water a few years ago. Good thing I had (and always use) my safety chain. Otherwise, my boat would have been sitting on the ramps concrete.
    That's exactly why I wanted to changed it before it was a bigger problem. I am always very cautious about those things (when I tow I have my winch strap, safety chain, two straps in the front and two on the transom keeping the boat on).

Thanks everyone for the confirmation.