1. Collapse Details
    HURRICANE ADVICE
    Pantera guys are smart. I have my 24' on a lift on Biscayne Bay. For every hurricane season for over ten years now I have lifted the boat to the max and secured the boat to the lift with giant straps and the cockpit cover with nylon rope. I have always left the plug in because I thought that if the lift failed then the boat would not sink. It has always worked. I am afraid that if the cover blows away and the bilge pump fails then the lift will fail for sure. Now am am thinking about removing the plug and hoping that the lift does not fail. Removing the plug on a raft before a storm is not always easy. Can I always use a drain plug from the inside or will it pop out during boating? What do you lift guys thinkl about this situation? Captain55

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    If it worked in the past for ya,,why would u change your habbits ??

But i am not smart and i am no Pantera guy...lol

3. Collapse Details

Tough question...I like your original thinking....but I think you have to play it by ear...big winds heavy rain or just big winds...or just heavy rain. unless you evacuate early I would just watch the storm and guestimate.
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

We had a hurricane here a few years ago and I first heard 30+ boats on the river disappeared......some were later found but they all floated off their lifts, some went through the roofs of the lifts cause they were already raised so high.......The surprisingly part, 10 ft storm surge 75 miles inland on a river.

5. Collapse Details

What about one of those drain plugs with the little check ball in it? That way if it floats off it shouldn't sink, and if the cover blows off the water will still drain, provided the boat is still out of the water.

Like this:

http://seasense.com/index.php?page=s...mart&Itemid=26

6. Collapse Details

Move to MI and bring the boat ill protect it. lol

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    What about one of those drain plugs with the little check ball in it? That way if it floats off it shouldn't sink, and if the cover blows off the water will still drain, provided the boat is still out of the water.

Like this:

I like that, and seeing as I need to replace mine anyway since I did the transom, may do that.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post

Like this:

I like it !
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by captain55 View Post
    Pantera guys are smart. I have my 24' on a lift on Biscayne Bay. For every hurricane season for over ten years now I have lifted the boat to the max and secured the boat to the lift with giant straps and the cockpit cover with nylon rope. I have always left the plug in because I thought that if the lift failed then the boat would not sink. It has always worked. I am afraid that if the cover blows away and the bilge pump fails then the lift will fail for sure. Now am am thinking about removing the plug and hoping that the lift does not fail. Removing the plug on a raft before a storm is not always easy. Can I always use a drain plug from the inside or will it pop out during boating? What do you lift guys thinkl about this situation? Captain55
    When a big storm comes the best thing to do is take the boat out of the lift and secure it insides a CBS warehouse. If that happens give us a call and your boat can be put away along with our panteras and boats