Thread: New wrap

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    New wrap
    My son is a graphic artist. The first picture is what my Fountain looked like last week and the others is what it looks like today.

2. Collapse Details

Looks awesome!!!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Wow, He's pretty talented. Push him to do more......

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhauler View Post
    My son is a graphic artist. The first picture is what my Fountain looked like last week and the others is what it looks like today.

COME ON .............NO WAY............FROM LAST WEEK TO THIS DAY ? TELL THE TRUTH !

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    COME ON .............NO WAY............FROM LAST WEEK TO THIS DAY ? TELL THE TRUTH !
    The original picture was taken by Mike Ledford in April on Lake Murray where I have a lake house. I live in Conway, SC. I pulled the boat home last Sunday from Lake Murray and put it in my shop in Conway, SC. He printed the wrap on Monday, let it cure on Tuesday, laminated it Wednesday afternoon, prepped the boat and started the install Wednesday evening and had both sides mocked up and partially hung on the boat Wednesday night by 10 p.m. On Thursday afternoon they completed the starboard side and yesterday morning they completed the port side. We took pictures at about 3 p.m. yesterday afternoon. Have plenty of witnesses to attest to the time line.

My son, started his own vinyl graphic business when he was 14 years old. He was one of the first to do vinyl wraps when it got started some years back, concentrating mostly on commercial applications and race cars. He sold that company when he was 27, moved to Lake Norman, went into retirement and has not done anything for 3 years. He finally got tired of that and his no compete clause of the buyout has expired, so he has returned to Conway, SC, geared up with both wide format printing equipment and direct to garment apparel printing equipment, and it's like he was never gone. This is the 3rd boat wrap he has done since April 1. I know there are plenty of other graphic desingers and sign makers represented here, so I'll just leave it at that for now. People in this part of the world know who he is and where to find him.

6. Collapse Details

Ginger, I think you might know Sparky Olsen. He is a boat guy, builder, racer, from Michigan and has relocated to Lake Murray. He was the last person I spoke to on Sunday May 16th in my driveway at Chapin, SC before I pulled out with the boat heading to Conway, SC.

7. Collapse Details

Ginger,
    Custom boat painters are tremendously talented and do unbeliveable work but this is why they are becoming a thing of the past! Computer software,printer and ink technology has progressed leaps and bounds in the last ten to fifteen years. That it is why now it takes a shorter amount of time to do easy jobs like this.This projoect was a side job for my father and we didnt get in a big hurry to do it. It was printed, laminated and installed in 4 evenings while my installer and myself do run a business doing large format printing, commercial signage, and wraps by day. The slowest part of the whole job is the time that the eco solvent ink printed vinyl has to out gas 24hrs at a minimum before lamination. We enjoyed ourselves while doing this "no way" project for my father and we have no reason to lie about any part of the job and or the process. I would be glad to do one of those Skaters for you as well, it may take a whole week or two to do a full wrap on one of those! Lance Kelly

8. Collapse Details

Wow, what a difference. Looks great.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

9. Collapse Details

Let's see some in water pics ! looks great !
    Parabellum FJ²B

10. Collapse Details

Looks great - I look forward to seeing it on Lake Murray.
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

11. Collapse Details

This is his personal boat done in 3 evenings! He couldnt make up his mind on which design he wanted to use so he blended 2 together. Notice the beams of the trailer are wrapped as well. Water photos of the Fountain to come tonite or tomorrow night!!!
    Last edited by Heavyhauler; 05-22-2010 at 09:19 AM.

12. Collapse Details

What make of boat is it?

13. Collapse Details

Looks great!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhenrie View Post
    What make of boat is it?
    Bayliner

15. Collapse Details

Lance i apologize for the mis understanding when i first saw your post i thought the graphics were painted on not knowing they were vinyl . Lance either way the boat looks great ! Lance to you know Steve from Cathouse marine that is somewhere in your neck of the wood's who owns a 36 Skater

16. Collapse Details

Lance i apologize for the mis understanding when i first saw your post i thought the graphics were painted on not knowing they were vinyl . Lance either way the boat looks great ! Lance to you know Steve from Cathouse marine that is somewhere in your neck of the wood's who owns a 36 Skater
    Thanks for the post. I'll let Lance know what you said. I think the Skater you refer to is in AL, MS, or LA, not sure which. We are not acquainted with Steve though.

17. Collapse Details

He does great work your Fountain looks amazing

18. Collapse Details

Looks great Danny and Lance. Looking forward to seeing it in person. You guys didn't miss anything at the Optimist poker run today. I've never seen such a small turnout. We still had a great time with the kids on Big Sandy and Billy Dreyher. Like the dubs on the trailer also. Danny are those Dubs befitting a gentleman of your stature? LOL See you soon. Bob

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhauler View Post
    Bayliner
    really , nice update !! Like to do something like that to the ol' scarab !!. The wakeboard boat is pretty cool too , nice work

20. Collapse Details

One from the water today.