1. Collapse Details
    Fiberglass Gurus! Need Help fixing My Surfboad!
    Soooo, I had a little run in with the corner of a dock. Made about a 2x4 inch L shaped hole in the bottom of my board. What is the best way to fix it? It doesn't have to be perfect, but I would like it to be as good as possible.

Thanx guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00015-20100516-1600.jpg   IMG00016-20100516-1601.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
    Soooo, I had a little run in with the corner of a dock. Made about a 2x4 inch L shaped hole in the bottom of my board. What is the best way to fix it? It doesn't have to be perfect, but I would like it to be as good as possible.

Thanx guys!
    I would fill the hole making a putty with Cabosil and resin and try to resin the tear back & reglass with Chesse cloth or as some people call it finish fabric . I presume that the glass on the board is chesse cloth & would go with either 4,6,or 10 oz and if you like i could mail out enough 4 or 10 oz to do the repair and then some .

3. Collapse Details

How thick is the glass surface? Whats behind it? Foam?

4. Collapse Details

Here is how I would fix it. Clean up the gouge, then fill the hole with glass beads(Airosil) and pol resin. Make a thick putty and fill to surface. Sand an area rectangular about 1" bigger all the way around it. Now cover with a fine woven glass cloth and cover with several coats of clear resin and sand smooth to a nice finish.