1. Collapse Details
    Don Pruett info needed.
    Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    HORBA rec'd an inquiry from an old friend of Don Pruett....see below. Can we help him???

I would like to inquire about Don Pruett, is he still around and where does he live? Don & his family moved into our neighborhood in Miami Fla. in 1968 and I went to high school with his son Bill. It was a real kick hanging around Don and the race boats. I went to work for Don at Maritime Boats when I got out of school. In 1969 Don asked me if I would like to join the race team and travel/tend to the race boat as it traveled during the upcomming season. It was the offer of a lifetime for a 19 year old gear head but I was in love and needed a steady job (plus my girl said she wouldn't wait for me if I went). Don did his best at trying to talk me out of getting married but I didn't take him up on the offer. I wound up quiting Maritime and going to work for the phone company and got married. I lost track of Don & Bill but I often remember them and the thrill of the race boats. Any help locating him would be appreciated. Thanks. Warren Beyer
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

2. Collapse Details

Don passed away about ten or fifteen years ago. He was living on the west coast of Florida. Great guy and a tough old SOB.

Tom
    Total Marine

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Sadly Don passed away back in the 90's. He was one of the team managers on the Jesse James 48' Foot Superboat, after a number of years with Chris Craft as manager of the Chris Cat project. He was bigger than life and all of us who knew and loved him have our share of stories regarding his amazing adventures.
    Allergic to Nonsense

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    Pru was one of those Giants of a man., whom you always remembered and wanted to toss a big Hello to in the pits, or at the bar.........an easy smile and a helping hand without any pause or concern. He was always a pal to me when I was active and still new to the circuit in the 1960's.. I have solid good memories of that man.
    Barry Cohen

5. Collapse Details

I have a question? Is Warren still married to the girl or was Don right?