Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm liking Arizona
    I don't ever get involved in the political crap but my hat's off to Arizona and Arizona business.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37233039...s_ca?GT1=43001

2. Collapse Details

This whole thing is so idiotic I can't even get my head around it. They are asking people to show identification when stopped by the police and if they are here ILLEGALLY, they are arrested. They are arrested for breaking the law.

I think I'm going to boycott the CHP for requiring me to show my drivers license when I'm pulled over for speeding. Demanding that I should prove that I've earned the privelage of driving is an affront to the priciples of freedom and liberty that this country was founded out.

Dear mayor idiot, Go f*ck yourself.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

they really had no choice...
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    This whole thing is so idiotic I can't even get my head around it. They are asking people to show identification when stopped by the police and if they are here ILLEGALLY, they are arrested. They are arrested for breaking the law.

I think I'm going to boycott the CHP for requiring me to show my drivers license when I'm pulled over for speeding. Demanding that I should prove that I've earned the privelage of driving is an affront to the priciples of freedom and liberty that this country was founded out.

Dear mayor idiot, Go f*ck yourself.

agree, i have to prove im who i say i am when i get pulled over. how come these illegals and their supporters dont think they should have to prove they are themselves too?

5. Collapse Details

I moved out here a year ago.
    Every move they are making is getting my

The thing is, the rest of the country doesn't realize how large of a problem the illegal issue is out here.

The national news reports about all the cities across the country that had protest, but failed to report about the officer that was shot by an illegal in the desert, and when they went into the desert to find the two suspects they wound up stumbling upon about 7 other illegals while searching - this was all the same weekend that our Governor (Jan Brewer) signed the 1070 bill into state law.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

6. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    When I need a new roof, and an illegal shows up to do the work, I'm gonna throw that MF off my roof. He is here illegally, right?
    ________

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    When I need a new roof, and an illegal shows up to do the work, I'm gonna throw that MF off my roof. He is here illegally, right?
    If you do that, you will be the one sitting in the county jail.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

8. Collapse Details

See, I'm not going to touch the argument about the crime or not paying taxes or any of that stuff... They are here "illegally". Seems like that's sort of the end of story. I realize it's a politically charged issue, but I don't really see where whole states and our federal government get off on selective enforcment.

And that's coming from a guy who drives a car on the street with slicks... And a guy who expects to get a ticket every time he rolls out of the garage because of it. Because it's illegal.

9. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    If you do that, you will be the one sitting in the county jail.
    I'm just trying to protect my country
    ________

10. Collapse Details

...but I don't really see where whole states and (our federal government) get off on selective enforcment.
    OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is the key issue to all of this. Arizona is taking a stand, a common sense stand. If your here illegally, arrest them! Show the police that you are legal...what's the problem?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Wait til he's done. Like a hooker.
    Treat every situation like a dog, if you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
    Wait til he's done. Like a hooker.
    When people referred to Jordan as having "full court vision" this is exactly what they were talking about!

13. Collapse Details

What I don't understand is all the libs and the ACLU saying that it is paramount to harrasment or somehow prejudice to ask for ID. I personally travel all over Europe and South America for business. I am constantly asked for my passport. Not only to travel, but to check into a hotel, etc. even to gain access to a bank or an office building!

14. Collapse Details

if you're not doing anything wrong then showing proof you are who you are is no big deal. IMO.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 03darkshadow View Post
    if you're not doing anything wrong then showing proof you are who you are is no big deal. IMO.
    But, if you're not doing anything wrong, why should you be stopped in the first place...

I am guessing that local police will not be going around asking people (who are not doing anything wrong) for their IDs. If someone is stopped or suspected of commiting a crime, then at that time they may be asked for proof of citizenship (whatever that entails).

Just my two-cents...

16. Collapse Details

Obama criticizes the law but requires students to show their "papers" before he will let them close?
    What is wrong with that picture?

KALAMAZOO — The White House appears to be laying the groundwork for President Barack Obama to shake the hand of each senior at Kalamazoo Central High School’s commencement ceremony next month.

Seniors are being asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed. Such a check is required for anyone who gets within an arm’s length of the president, students were told at their senior breakfast Friday.

17. Collapse Details

So if I just stood around in front of home Depot all day, waiving at people and approaching cars, the cops shouldn't walk up and ask me WTF I'm up to?

18. Collapse Details

So if I just stood around in front of Home Depot all day, waiving at people and approaching cars, the cops shouldn't walk up and ask me WTF I'm up to?
    Unless you are suspected of breaking the law because of your actions (and not because you "look" guilty), then NO.

The cops (in my humble opinion) do not have "probably cause" to detain you and question you.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    Unless you are suspected of breaking the law because of your actions (and not because you "look" guilty), then NO.

The cops (in my humble opinion) do not have "probably cause" to detain you and question you.
    C'mon dude... How many times has it happened when you were a kid?

And frankly, hanging out in front of home depot is probably cause that you're an illegal alien...

20. Collapse Details

And frankly, hanging out in front of home depot is probably cause that you're an illegal alien...
    And it may also be because you are here legally and you are looking for honest day labor work.

Hanging out in front of Home Depot is not a crime, and the people there who are looking for honest work should not be presumed guilty.