Thread: $45K - 2 years

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    $45K - 2 years
    Now ready to sell the boat.
    Last edited by YankeY; 05-15-2010 at 08:37 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeY View Post
    and I still have nothing. Just found out it's going to take $2500-$3000 each to modify my motors to get them in the boat. I can't take this chit any longer - the boat is for sale when it is done.
    WOW..that is 50 K for 2 engines in 2 years..u could of bought them for that money ready incl install. ??!!

3. Collapse Details

Is this another " I've been changing my mind for two years now and want to bitch and blame someone else" story, or another " I'm going to drag someone through the mud , in twenty or thirty no-information post's?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tension View Post
    Is this another " I've been changing my mind for two years now and want to bitch and blame someone else" story, or another " I'm going to drag someone through the mud , in twenty or thirty no-information post's?
    Sorry - would never wanto to phucking bother you. Change my f'ing mind - I couldn't change it enough.

5. Collapse Details

and I still have nothing. Just found out it's going to take $2500-$3000 each to modify my motors to get them in the boat. I can't take this chit any longer - the boat is for sale when it is done.
    Hey guy , just what are you looking for in a motor and what HP ? I have to say that it all depends on you and the reliability of the motors you are building, pump gas or............. and might i mention that if you would have went with Sterling the price would have been much more ...........but such a great motor !!! Sorry i just read your last post and thought i would run this thru , Dam ......bro i have said the same thing time and time again and always come back with a smaller boat !

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Hey guy , just what are you looking for in a motor and what HP ? I have to say that it all depends on you and the reliability of the motors you are building, pump gas or............. and might i mention that if you would have went with Sterling the price would have been much more ...........but such a great motor !!! Sorry i just read your last post and thought i would run this thru , Dam ......bro i have said the same thing time and time again and always come back with a smaller boat !
    I was just looking for something reliable - that started and ran when you turned the key. I just made some bad choices in my quest for that.

Looking for a 25-27' center console at this moment.

7. Collapse Details

I was just looking for something reliable - that started and ran when you turned the key. I just made some bad choices in my quest for that.

Someone doesn't like the truth being posted. My post keep disappearing.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-16-2010 at 01:58 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Sorry to hear this bud.
    What happened?
    I know you were turning some good numbers on motor #1. Did she go south quick? or did #2 turn into a nightmare?

This is why I like to stick with a little single screw hotrod. Hell, and at the moment, I can't even afford that (I sound like DD now)
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

9. Collapse Details

Hey , i think we all have been there and done that and with that in mind do not throw your self under the bus. Take care my friend .

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Hey , i think we all have been there and done that and with that in mind do not throw your self under the bus. Take care my friend .
    Sometimes I wonder if my BT is "the boat". I find myself looking at smaller boats with smaller power all the time. I hope it works out for you though.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tension View Post
    Please explain all the changes that were made - since you know so ****ing much. Where was my first "I've been changing my mind for a year" post ?

Where are the other 19 to 29 other posts dragging anyone through the mud? This is the only post made on this topic.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-16-2010 at 09:50 AM.

12. Collapse Details

That sucks ya got problems. We all have them. best of luck to ya...

13. Collapse Details

Did something happen Yankey?

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LotoSteve View Post
    You seem to beg an answer.
    I'll answer this because I don't know you or Dean.

To quote Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001):
    "slandering people anonymously, that's what the internet is for."

If you have a personal experience or legal judgement to share. Please do share.
    If you have rumors and innuendo, suggestions, implications, results of random internet searches, want to ruin his business because you are mad at him, or just want to share stuff that you "heard" please refrain.

If you have been the victim of a crime, hang up and dial 911.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-16-2010 at 01:59 PM.

15. Collapse Details

Please explain all the changes that were made - since you know so ****ing much. Where was my first "I've been changing my mind for a year" post -douche?

Where are the other 19 to 29 other posts dragging anyone through the mud? This is the only post made on this topic.
    Many members have become sensitized to the recent round of personal attacks posing as righteous attempts to save the industry from a terrible person. Perhaps Tension is one of them and is referring to that, rather than something that you personally did.

16. Collapse Details

Whats the deal here im very interetest as the engine builder mentioned has peaked my intrest 2 of my friends have there motors there. Its been 1.5 years for one and about 1 year for another and a lot of dough

17. Collapse Details

Yankey, we're at 16+ post's and ???? See post #13. You're rants to me are childish, and if you have someone to blame-spill it! So far, some don't like gellner, you've made some poor decisions, have an unreliable boat, and have paid 45k for broken motors? Now members are questioning an engine builders operation. 2 years is a huge time to put up with bs from anyone! I'm not the problem here, but, for lack of information, speculation could be rampant.....

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    I can only say..Dean is known to take very very long , but he also builds great engines !!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LotoSteve View Post
    Here's how the rules around here work-

If you have an issue that you'd like to discuss, you're free to do so. If you're a third party that has also had an issue on the same topic with one of the other parties, you're welcome to add your experiences. Any and all of what's posted must be facual and on topic. There cannot be any baseless allegations, name calling or reference to other people's business of any kind. Generic words of wisdom are acceptable from third parties- in moderation.

The rules are based on those of common decency- or if you prefer, your average barfight. The two parties are welcome to go at it if they so choose. But when you step into the parking lot, it's the two of you. We're not going to let all your pals pile on and stomp the $hit out of a guy for their own entertainment.
    Last edited by Chris; 05-17-2010 at 08:31 AM.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Here's how the rules around here work-

If you have an issue that you'd like to discuss, you're free to do so. If you're a third party that has also had an issue on the same topic with one of the other parties, you're welcome to add your experiences. Any and all of what's posted must be facual and on topic. There cannot be any baseless allegations, name calling or reference to other people's business of any kind. Generic words of wisdom are acceptable from third parties- in moderation.

The rules are based on those of common decency- or if you prefer, your average barfight. The two parties are welcome to go at it if they so choose. But when you step into the parking lot, it's the two of you. We're not going to let all your pals pile on and stomp the $hit out of a guy for their own entertainment.
    Now, that's a great post!
    I think that makes it pretty clear.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".