Thread: $45K - 2 years

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Dam... 45k and two years.
    I just realized I am only a little bit behind that.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Dam... 45k and two years.
    I just realized I am only a little bit behind that.
    A good guy like Yankey gets phucked for 2 years and 45k and you think its funny

I sure hope he or his wife post what happened. Its enough to make you sick.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LotoSteve View Post
    A good guy like Yankey gets phucked for 2 years and 45k and you think its funny

I sure hope he or his wife post what happened. Its enough to make you sick.
    Yankey is a good guy. Hope to see him again next time he's out here.

Not sure what the story is on his motors yet, last I talked to him one was on the dyno making some very nice numbers.

I think Fund was kinda laughing at himself, because he's been in much the same scenario for the past year and half - 2 years.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    I think Fund was kinda laughing at himself, because he's been in much the same scenario for the past year and half - 2 years.
    Exactly. Thank you.
    I do not know Yankey's story because he didn't post it.

I do know my own though, and when I realized that I had spent 30k and 18 months I had to sheepishly laugh at myself. They have these smilies to help convey these complex emotions.

Without knowing the details and what happened, I can tell you from experience that it is not difficult to spend that kind of time and money on a project. I am not glad to hear that circumstances for Yankey did not allow him to absorb this investment.

To be honest though.... I would prefer to stay out of it, because I have no idea what is being insinuated by these guys about Dean.

My comment was was just a comment.

5. Collapse Details

I have no dog in this fight and I don't know what the story is here because the original post is gone. I will say this though, I dealt with Yankey while modifying & painting his H2x. He was patient, easy going, open to suggestions of upgrades, and always held up his end of the deal. He was the type of customer you wish they all were like. Again, I don't know the story here and (there is always two), but it seems to me like it would take a lot to piss him off enough to come on a public forum and complain about someone.

Sorry for your problems Yankee and I wish you the best in settling what ever dispute you are having with your motors.

6. Collapse Details

Will some one post a summary
    -Mike

7. Collapse Details

IMO...People should either commit to an explanation, or refrain from dropping veiled hints.

8. Collapse Details

Will someone clear this up? This is like starting a thread and saying I am mad at someone but not telling who that is or a reason why

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    WOW..that is 50 K for 2 engines in 2 years..u could of bought them for that money ready incl install. ??!!
    NO....The engines were NOT $45,00.00. thank you.

10. Collapse Details

The engines are perfect, within 3 HP of each other, They will fit in the boat and it will NOT cost $3,000.00 to get them installed. The " PROJECT" is moving forward and have been in communication with Yankey, all is well . There was some " jumping to conclusions" going on with all this before things were looked at with the rigging in the boat. ...Lay this BS too rest already.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mrhorsepower1 View Post
    The engines are perfect, within 3 HP of each other, They will fit in the boat and it will NOT cost $3,000.00 to get them installed. The " PROJECT" is moving forward and have been in communication with Yankey, all is well . There was some " jumping to conclusions" going on with all this before things were looked at with the rigging in the boat. ...Lay this BS too rest already.
    gellner you need hlep.. someone beating on you???
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

12. Collapse Details

No slam at Yankey, but it would be good if people took a deep breath and thought about what they are posting before they post it. The amount of bullchit, rumor, innuendo and suggestion out there on so many topics is insane. I couldn't be more sick of people who have nothing better to do than get involved in this crap.

And then people start dragging others into it.
    Anybody who doesn't jump on the bandwagon of hate and knows the person involved is fair game.

If Dean had not refuted this, it would be assumed to be true. That's the way of the internet these days... one person makes an innuendo and you are guilty if you don't immediately jump in.
    And if you try to stay out, the losers and low lifes keep dragging you in anyway. Posting comments about how often you do or do not pee.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people even post anything on the internet at all with all of this Jerry Springer style "justice" running rampant out there.

I think that we all owe it to ourselves to make sure that we run into at least one internet bully/keyboard commando in real life this year and smack them hard upside the head. Repeat until they "get it."

13. Collapse Details

Fund, you realize my keyboard can beat up your keyboard don't you?
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Fund, you realize my keyboard can beat up your keyboard don't you?
    Yeah, I read it on the internet. It must be true.

15. Collapse Details

Again, not aimed at Yankey, but on the subject: I think that we will see more and more legal action over some of the nonsense that people post on the internet thinking that they are immune to the ramifications of their actions. There is more and more case law every day.

And I think we will see more killings and beatings too.

Internet bullying: not just for seventh graders anymore.

16. Collapse Details

See post #3. And then, the answer at post #30! What's with this chit? People need to be Banned for this crap!! Or at least given a time out!

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tension View Post
    See post #3. And then, the answer at post #30! What's with this chit? People need to be Banned for this crap!! Or at least given a time out!
    Remember, it is still "he said vs. he said."

We don't know if anybody has been ripped off. We have two guys views.

My point is that I am tired of people bypassing the prosecutor and using internet forums instead. Somebody a crook? Don't start here. Finish here.

I will wait and see what happens. I would puke to have to wade into another one of these. Best of luck to all involved. I am not.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tension View Post
    Read between the lines. The situation is trying to get worked out behind the scenes. And although this thread was started out of anger and frustration, the end result is applying pressure to the right place.

19. Collapse Details

Yankey is a great guy and further more we have become good friends . Yes these major projects can get frustrating, I know first had when I raced NHRA Pro Stock. Like I have told Yankey I want to see the ENTIRE boat go together properly just like he did with the engines. All will come together and it will be reliable and run like a raped ape!....We didn't win multiple World Championships for nothing!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    gellner you need hlep.. someone beating on you???
    No....just come work for me Stecz.