Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FunHome View Post
    I have a poster of it somewhere, I'll look for it!!
    (Rich's daughter sent it to me years ago)
    I have one too but it's to big to scan. Rich say's that he will still send some pic's when he gets a scaner ???

2. Collapse Details

I was a dealer for IMP from 1988 through 1991 and we were the second largest in the country. Raymonds, at Lake of the Ozarks was #1. In the late eighties the company had changed its name to International Marine Products Inc. During the recession of 90-91, IMP went into bankruptcy although it later emerged it did not last long. The 31 was called an Eleganza ( later renamed Viper) and I was told it was pulled from a 27 Magnum hull. Rode just like a 27 Magnum--flat and stable. The factory raced a boat powered with 420HP Mercs in 1990-91 and although a low budget operation it did quite well. Several others were raced on the great lakes with success. The boat was built like a tank and was a real wave crusher. IMP had 2 molds for the 31 and the better mold was worth a couple of miles per hour.
    Last edited by goldeneyee; 01-12-2011 at 09:25 AM.

3. Collapse Details

27 Magnum...just like many, many others came from.

4. Collapse Details

Goldden Eye is right on. I have a friend that worked for IMP many years ago In fact he drove most of the boats while pics were taken for the last Factory brochure. The last time I was at the old factory, (I have family in Iola Ks.) there were still a few old molds sitting outside of the old tin buildings.
    Abbysomeone

5. Collapse Details

@H2OMag The Cheap Thrills magnum was raced in what A class then Mike Huffman Sr. bought it and named it L.A. Express very fast A class boat then it sat when he baught the 32 (I think) Carrera with Arnesons for B class named Let it Roll.
    That boat the Magnum Cheap Thrills sat down the street from me for a few years at Bill Opalich's house and I did some work on it when I was in HS. Man that was awesome having all those race teams in my neighbor back in the day down by CLYC.

Mange VERY NICE looking old school ride!!! Enjoy that piece of racing history

I've been wanting to buy and restore the 30' Corsa that was raced as Rascal for some time but it'll take ALOT to bring her back, she still sits in Bobby O's driveway 20 tears now just sitting......

Troy

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 4FX View Post
    @H2OMag The Cheap Thrills magnum was raced in what A class then Mike Huffman Sr. bought it and named it L.A. Express very fast A class boat then it sat when he baught the 32 (I think) Carrera with Arnesons for B class named Let it Roll.
    That boat the Magnum Cheap Thrills sat down the street from me for a few years at Bill Opalich's house and I did some work on it when I was in HS. Man that was awesome having all those race teams in my neighbor back in the day down by CLYC.

Mange VERY NICE looking old school ride!!! Enjoy that piece of racing history

I've been wanting to buy and restore the 30' Corsa that was raced as Rascal for some time but it'll take ALOT to bring her back, she still sits in Bobby O's driveway 20 tears now just sitting......

Troy
    The Cheap Thrills Mag of Mikes was the Mad Mother Mag of Fread Falk. This Lake St Clair Mag ran in the APBA P class 1980 to 1984. I hear the Carrera is still sitting in a boat yard by East Lake Ohio. Mike had Arnesons on her but changed to Bravos drives, with not much luck and gave up on her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mad M Mag 1 h2o.jpg