Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    Look, I was just being a smart azz. Bobby and I have known each other a long time and I didn't mean to open up any other subjects here so let's get back to the race.....

Who is coming and who is staying home because they are afraid of the big waves??

Sorry about the hi-jack Charlie.

Main story here, the only story here is the race, and how to make it successful.

I'll do what I can, to reach that goal.

2. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Boat manufacturers......here is your chance to prove your product like they did back in the old school days.

We have some old school racers here looking for rides......bring your boat to the event and put some old racers in...... and we guarantee..... your boat will be given a good test...something you can write about in your PR in the coming months
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    Look, I was just being a smart azz. Bobby and I have known each other a long time and I didn't mean to open up any other subjects here so let's get back to the race.....

Who is coming and who is staying home because they are afraid of the big waves??
    Sorry Charlie.......

This is about the race....and not sparring with an annoying wannabe....who no one seems to know personally.

Looks like the Kalibats are coming as well as some other hardy souls. I suggest that you give serious consideration to having Danny Pickering and his kids get as much pre race preparation video "B-Roll" stuff as possible of all of the boats, especially at night. That way we can make a reality type video and use it to stimulate interest for the coming years. Danny has done great work recently with the NYC Poker Run in cutting and musical background. I'll be glad to help with the setup and story telling (gratis) and you can distribute through HORBA.

These events take a couple of years to gain traction as evidenced by the growth at events like the Clayton Antique Race Boat Regatta....and a great DVD will certainly help that.

Who knows? Maybe One Bad Injun will flip his canoe on camera for us.

T2x
    Last edited by T2x; 08-19-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Allergic to Nonsense

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Sorry Charlie.......

This is about the race....and not sparing with an annoying wannabe....who no one seems to know personally.

Looks like the Kalibats are coming as well as some other hardy souls. I suggest that you give serious consideration to having Danny Pickering and his kids get as much pre race preparation video "B-Roll" stuff as possible of all of the boats, especially at night. That way we can make a reality type video and use it to stimulate interest for the coming years. Danny has done great work recently with the NYC Poker Run in cutting and musical background. I'll be glad to help with the setup and story telling (gratis) and you can distribute through HORBA.

These events take a couple of years to gain traction as evidenced by the growth at events like the Clayton Antique Race Boat Regatta....and a great DVD will certainly help that.

Who knows? Maybe One Bad Injun will flip his canoe on camera for us.

T2x
    Excellent idea Rich. Thank you very much for the generous offer.

Maybe some of the people who are bit hesitant with the unknown factor of the race could volunteer to help Billy with sweep boats all around the island. That could give them an up close look at the fun the are missing and they can enter early for next year.
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    I will be glad to offer anything anything I can do to help!!!!.....
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    I will be glad to offer anything anything I can do to help!!!!.....
    Bring many Formulas and Donzi's and Magnums, and Cigarettes, and Squadrons, and Apaches........

Glastrons, Bertrams, Maritime's, Pantera's, Monza's, Ghost Boats, Shadows, Cougars, Active's, Chris Cats, Sutphens and others are also needed.
    Allergic to Nonsense

7. Collapse Details

T2X,

as a member of the lake george donzi classic club, we think this is a great event and tribute to Don, a man who gaves us so much to enjoy.

The club members are spread thin this time around but we would like to support you and the event how ever we can. I sent a notice out to all our members on our facebook page with the event info some in the area might show up as spectators.

We'd like to donate 2 Donzi Marine flags( with the old school discontinued prop logo) to the cause to be used as you see fit. let me know I'll send them out right away.

on a side note I have thoughts running thru my head about trying this in one of Don's old race designs to see if I could mustar up. maybe when I finish the resto on my 68 benchseat hornet I might try . Always wondered how Don, Brownie and the rest of the pioneers of the sport managed to run flat out in a 19 foot boat in any conditions.

If one wanted to view from land or sea what would be the best spot??

Thanks
    Matthew W Veth
    Lake George Donzi Classic Club

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy View Post
    T2X,

as a member of the lake george donzi classic club, we think this is a great event and tribute to Don, a man who gaves us so much to enjoy.

The club members are spread thin this time around but we would like to support you and the event how ever we can. I sent a notice out to all our members on our facebook page with the event info some in the area might show up as spectators.

We'd like to donate 2 Donzi Marine flags( with the old school discontinued prop logo) to the cause to be used as you see fit. let me know I'll send them out right away.

on a side note I have thoughts running thru my head about trying this in one of Don's old race designs to see if I could mustar up. maybe when I finish the resto on my 68 benchseat hornet I might try . Always wondered how Don, Brownie and the rest of the pioneers of the sport managed to run flat out in a 19 foot boat in any conditions.

If one wanted to view from land or sea what would be the best spot??

Thanks
    Matthew W Veth
    Lake George Donzi Classic Club

First of all it is not my event, but rather the efforts of a bunch of people headed up by Charlie McCarthy and Billy Frenz. On their behalf I thank you for your generous offer....and Charlie can tell you where to ship the flags.

As far as viewing is concerned best spectator fleet viewing should be a mile or two east of Port Washington on Long Island Sound......ranging out to PLum Gut on the North Shore..... later you can pick up the fleet at Montauk. On shore viewing should be good at Bayville, and Bel Terre on the North Shore and any beach or inlet on the South shore. (Rockaway/Breezy Point Jetty should be a good spot to see them after beating themselves up most of the way). I would also consider Randall's Island near Hell Gate for viewing.

Good luck and we will be bringing the wing to Lake George for the Antique Regatta in late September(24th/25th)...Stop by and say hello.

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

9. Collapse Details

Thanks

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    First of all it is not my event, but rather the efforts of a bunch of people headed up by Charlie McCarthy and Billy Frenz. On their behalf I thank you for your generous offer....and Charlie can tell you where to ship the flags.T2x
    Thank you for your donation of flags.

They can be shipped to Guy Lamotta's marina in Port Washington, NY. The name is Manhasset Bay Marina. Just address them to Guy and put in a note that they are for the Don Aronow race from the Donzi fans.

Please stop by and say hello, as Michael Aronow will be with us all weekend, and he always has a soft spot for Donzi owners,

Charlie

11. Collapse Details

Top,

not sure as of yet if I will mail or bring in person I need to see how things pan out

but if I do send

will this work ??

Manhasset Bay Marina
    10 Matinecock Ave
    Port Washington , NY 11050
    Attn: Guy LaMotta

this is what the flags look like

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000036443441

12. Collapse Details

Top,

not sure as of yet if I will mail or bring in person I need to see how things pan out

but if I do send

will this work ??

Manhasset Bay Marina
    10 Matinecock Ave
    Port Washington , NY 11050
    Attn: Guy LaMotta

this is what the flags look like

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00000036443441
    That address is fine:

I love the original look of the Donzi logo on the flag....boy does that bring back some memories. Hope you can make it in person.

Thanks so much again.

Charlie

13. Collapse Details

Top,

looks like we will have a few members of the lake george donzi club coming that day. we will deliver the flags in person.

what time do the festivities start at the marina that day??

Thanks

Matty

14. Collapse Details

Top,

looks like we will have a few members of the lake george donzi club coming that day. we will deliver the flags in person.

what time do the festivities start at the marina that day??

Thanks

Matty
    I am sure that the start time will be early...just like back in the day. I will be with Billy this weekend, so I can find out what he has arranged for the specific times for start etc.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

15. Collapse Details

I am coming over from England to see the action and do some sightseeing - Are there any social functions arranged?

I look forward to meeting you all!

John - Event Director Cowes Torquay Cowes

16. Collapse Details

I'll try to get out that day with camera

17. Collapse Details

I understand that we have a very high tech entry with 4 diesel engines that can run in the triple numbers.

It looks like a very good show for this weekend.

18. Collapse Details

Top,

flags are in transit , not sure with my travel plans if i'll be able to make it.
    but we'll see

19. Collapse Details

Top,

flags are in transit , not sure with my travel plans if i'll be able to make it.
    but we'll see
    Hope you can make it too.

Thanks again for the flags....too bad the company doesn't send a company race boat..... like they used to do in the old days.