Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ricochet myk View Post
    Wow, Rick has ScottyB been doing your trailer maintinence ? Looks just like the trailer under the race boat...Good Luck ! Mike P.S. Dont get mad Scotty !
    Mike,

those last pics are not of my trailer, the aluminum on mine is mint, just the steel crap that sucks. My trailer is all Aluminum, including the bunks, with galvanized crossmembers axles, and tongue, stainless steel fasteners. My problem is just with the axles and brakes. When are ya gonna get the Pantera wet?
    You can kinda see my trailer in these pics, and just in case you havent seen the transom resurrection yet

Last picture is what I tore out

PS,

Scotty is a great driver, and throttleman, but was never known for maintenance, he had people for that(me and Laura), the boat came first, trailer second, but that trailer had seen a LOT of miles, and many dunkings in Saltwater all over the east coast.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-1.jpg   26.jpg   63.jpg  

64.jpg   65.jpg   8.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Got the wheel off today, and the brake caliper. When I went under there to look, I noticed the brake line to that wheel was busted off, and it was the only one of the 4 rusted near the fitting. I am beginning to think this thing has had a leak for a while, and got some water in it causing drag, and throwing the alignment off wearing the other tire. I remember when it started acting funny, last year on my way home from the Marathon race, I was on the phone with Trent, and had to hang up to pull over because it didnt feel right, checked the tire pressures, all was good, got it home, then ever since then, I have had tire wear, and the brake sticks when it sits for a long time.

3. Collapse Details

Gonna have to take a better look at my caliper........

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...pics.html:eek:

4. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Also, this is why everyone should have a length of chain in their tow toolbox. If you have a problem with an axle, you can pull it up and limp your way to help- or just back into your driveway.
    I've heard about this, but have never seen it done.
    ________

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I've heard about this, but have never seen it done.

Same here, I have ratchet straps in the truck tool box to ratchet it up, or just use the jack, probably should carry the chain also.

6. Collapse Details

The ratchet strap mechanism is often too long to get in there. You probably already have a bottle jack since that's about all you can use to get at these things anyway. A 3' piece of 1/4" chain and a bolt ban save your ass. Under the axle, over the frame rail and you're on your way.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The ratchet strap mechanism is often too long to get in there. You probably already have a bottle jack since that's about all you can use to get at these things anyway. A 3' piece of 1/4" chain and a bolt ban save your ass. Under the axle, over the frame rail and you're on your way.

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    Hey Rick, The new motor goes in tonite, With the first test run later this week. Mike

9. Collapse Details

Hey Rick, The new motor goes in tonite, With the first test run later this week. Mike
    Cool,

Let me know if you need anything. Got my trailer deal figgered out........I Think

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    Great, What I really need is a Large Bag of Money !!! Quick

11. Collapse Details

Great, What I really need is a Large Bag of Money !!! Quick
    I hear ya, but can't help you on that one(heck, look at my piece of junk in pieces), anything else, my # is 954-254-0414.

Rick