Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

I think you need to budget a lot more money. There is a reason you got a smoking deal on the boat. That amount will not get you very far at all in the marine world. You will need either glass work or the plates. Inner and outer transom assembly, outdrives, misc rigging, exhaust and most likely engine work. And that is just what we can see from the pics. Good luck with your project.

2. Collapse Details

Definately replace the engine manifolds. From the photos, there does not appear to be enough riser height to prevent water reversion. One quick back-down in a following sea (or lake) and those engines will gulp water.

Plug the transom and fit Bravos. It would not cost any more than fabricating and fitting a plate. With a plate, you'ld have to seal the transom wood anyway. Why not do it right?

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FasterFaster View Post

Plug the transom and fit Bravos. It would not cost any more than fabricating and fitting a plate. With a plate, you'ld have to seal the transom wood anyway. Why not do it right?
    I think there are 2 ways to do it right...the plate is a lot less work and money.
    But only if u use boxes !!!!!

here, they even make one to convert volvo to merc ( which also fits trs to bravo ) but these are used without boxes so the are a little more complicated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercr...item5d22808eb2

4. Collapse Details

thanks for all the inputt guys. sorry i havent been responding lately, i just started a new job on monday and have been super busy there. we ar still thinking what we want to do with the boat. i forget your username but to the guy who thought he recognized the boat ill try and get some more pics to see if its the same one. it was a michigan boat.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baja931 View Post
    thanks for all the inputt guys. sorry i havent been responding lately, i just started a new job on monday and have been super busy there. we ar still thinking what we want to do with the boat. i forget your username but to the guy who thought he recognized the boat ill try and get some more pics to see if its the same one. it was a michigan boat.
    Its all good and i can even take pics of the boat house / hoist that it spent most of its life under . Hey guy that boat for many years just sat and it would be gone in the fall and there in the spring and once again where is your location ?