Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Contributor jetcruzr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriYacht View Post
    Jetcruzr, Great to see another guy in the neighborhood into these big boats. Do you have a shop over on Hatchery Rd?
    Yep, that is me. Where are you located? Feel free to stop in if you see the shop open.

Tommy

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jetcruzr View Post
    Hello to Everyone on this forum. I am a "newbie" to this site, as well as forums in general. I must say that I am absolutely addicted to this site. I have especially enjoyed reading the "Why Are Apaches So Great" thread, as well as all of the "Thad Allen" stuff from "Steve1".

I am in the process of reconstructing a 1983 Chris Craft Scorpion(because I cannot afford an Apache right now, haha). I will post pictures of the project as I go. I would surely appreciate talking with anyone who is interested in my project or anyone who knows about these rare boats.

Thank You,

Tom
    I always loved those boats. Thanks for saving one.

Welcome to the forum.

3. Collapse Details

Thanks for the comment Fund. Yeah, they are a good looking boat and very rare. Although I have not confirmed it, I am told there were only 38 of them ever built, so I feel that she is worthy of being saved.

4. Collapse Details

Waterford Mi., Lk. St. Clair and Lk. Erie
    I'm on Lotus Lake. Near the water tower. The Black Thunder is in the driveway. One of my old neighbors told me about someone who had hydroplanes in a building over there. I guess he was talking about you. There's a few offshores in Waterford. Thanks for the invite, I'll try to make it by sometime. Ian Blain
    Big boats rule!

5. Collapse Details

I'm on Lotus Lake. Near the water tower. The Black Thunder is in the driveway. One of my old neighbors told me about someone who had hydroplanes in a building over there. I guess he was talking about you. There's a few offshores in Waterford. Thanks for the invite, I'll try to make it by sometime. Ian Blain
    Ironic to hear from you. A good friend of mine told telling me yesterday, about this huge offshore boat in the driveway down the street from his parents house, although he did not know what kind it was. I told him that we would have to drive by and investigate it. Even more ironic, is that my sponsor/partner, when I was racing, lives on the island near you. Small world.

Tommy

6. Collapse Details

Would that partner happen to be John Moody?
    Big boats rule!

7. Collapse Details

Sorry for the hijack everyone.
    Big boats rule!

8. Collapse Details

Sorry for the hijack everyone.
    It would in fact be John Moody. John and Kathy are great people. They have been very generous to me and my team.

9. Collapse Details

We talk to John fairly often. He's always out walking his dogs around the time I get home from work. Ask him about his new Porsche.
    Big boats rule!

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Tom, It was great to meet you in Sunny Isle. I wonder if you will make St. Clair.

Have you had a chance to make any progress on your project?

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Tom, It was great to meet you in Sunny Isle. I wonder if you will make St. Clair.

Have you had a chance to make any progress on your project?
    Hello Jim,

It was nice to finally meet you as well. Unfortunatly, I was not able to see you race on Sunday, as I had to work. As far as my project goes, I am waiting on coring material right now. I should have the material in another week. I plan to come watch in Harrison and St Claire, so I will probably see you there and bend your ear some more. Thanks for the help and advice so far.

Talk to you soon,

Tommy

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello Jim,

It was nice to finally meet you as well. Unfortunatly, I was not able to see you race on Sunday, as I had to work. As far as my project goes, I am waiting on coring material right now. I should have the material in another week. I plan to come watch in Harrison and St Claire, so I will probably see you there and bend your ear some more. Thanks for the help and advice so far.

Talk to you soon,

Tommy
    I'm also assuming you will be at the Gold Cup in Detroit?

Racing maybe??????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

13. Collapse Details

Jetcruzr , welcome and glad to see that there is another person here that lives in Mich on SOS .

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Jetcruzr , welcome and glad to see that there is another person here that lives in Mich on SOS .
    From the looks of his interior, he may need some of your help.....

15. Collapse Details

Paul, nice to have met you in SIB. I will most definately be at the Gold Cup Races, however, I will not be racing there unfortunatly. My race boat consists of only a few molded pieces that have not even been mounted to the jig yet, so I probably won't be ready to race until the 2012 season. The Grand Prix class, which is the class I race, is not part of the schedule in Detroit yet. They are trying to get the GP's back on in Detroit, so hopefully they can work it out by the time I am done with my boat.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Hello Ginger,

Thanks for checking out my thread. As you can see, I have a sizable project to contend with. I plan to start installing the transom and stringers in the next couple of weeks. Like Paul says, it is only a matter of time before I am asking you for some type of advice. I am planning to use high density divinycell for transom, stringers and bulkheads. I am planning on bonding the pieces in place, then bagging and infusing each piece. Although I am new to the whole bagging and infusing process, I have recruited assistance from people that are proficient in the process. I am very excited to get started installing parts. Feel free to throw your 2 cents worth in.

Thanks,

Tommy

17. Collapse Details
    Progress!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2765rs.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	63601
    I sandblasted the transom skin today. Divinycell coring should be delivered later this week, then bagging and infusing soon. This should be interesting!

18. Collapse Details

Tommy , thanks for posting here on SOS and just curious who might be helping you on this project and might i mention l@@king g@@d? Tommy just curious .

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2765rs.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	63601
    I sandblasted the transom skin today. Divinycell coring should be delivered later this week, then bagging and infusing soon. This should be interesting!
    Did you get any info on drive height? At this point, it is the time to figure it out, even if it delays you a couple weeks.

I know mine is deep, but Konrads down the road would fix that I think.....

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Did you get any info on drive height? At this point, it is the time to figure it out, even if it delays you a couple weeks.

I know mine is deep, but Konrads down the road would fix that I think.....
    I need to confirm some numbers as far as drive height. Do you know the height of yours, out of curiosity? My drives and engines are pickled and strapped to a pallet way the hell up on the top shelf in a storage building. I need to pull them off the shelf and measure the prop shaft centerline in relation to the gimbal housing bolt pattern in order to determine where mine actually are...or were. How fast does your boat run, Paul? My buddy's 82 will run 79 on GPS with appx 525hp per side. (I've seen it with my own eyes..haha). I thought this was pretty darn good for a heavy old barge. I think his drives may be slightly higher than mine though. His props will slip slightly, then engage during acceleration. As I am typing this my curiosity is getting the best of me. I think I will run over to the shop on pull the drives off the shelf and check mine. Stay tuned..........