Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    After searching for an sx reed boat for a few years, two more popped up on local CraigsList in past 2 days since I got mine.
    If you have a second, would you mind PMing me the link to those two you said popped up after you got home with your new one? I'm STILL looking for a 1995 550sx, but I would look at a 94 as well. Thanks, and congrats on your new one!

Sorry for just getting back to the thread guys! I went down to Florida for a few days to run the 368 one last time down there, before it comes back to OK for the Summer! GREAT times!

I'm both surprised & excited to see so many of you that are, or were, into stand ups......and only ONE lake lice comment!

I rarely see stand ups on the water at all anymore, but the ones I do see, are never of the lake lice type of rider. Stand ups obviously require a lot more skill than sit down versions, so the people I do see out, have been riding for long enough to stay clear of any boats, as well as can been seen looking behind them, & to the sides, watching for traffic.

The problem with sit down models, is that the person who owns it, is usually not the one riding it. It's the guests of the owner, that come to the lake once a year and want to ride the SeaDoo's. THEY are the ones with tunnel vision, no knowledge of what "No Wake" even means, much less how to obey the rule, and they run side to side instead of with, or against the flow of traffic.

I have always preferred to just cruise the shoreline at half throttle or so, waiting for a nice wake to come along. One that doesn't already have 10, 3-seater Wave Runners or similar following it. Those people trying to seriously jump the 3 seat machines, never seem to have a system, or pattern they follow, to keep from running into each other. They also stay behind the boat, hitting the wrong wave.... the WRONG way, while staying close enough to the back of the boat to ruin any chance of someone else hitting it without running them over.....

I've been doing more research since getting the ball rolling with the 800, and the newest SuperJet has great reviews as well. It's also shorter & a bit narrower than the Kawi, as well as about 60ish pounds lighter. That has to make it carve & jump even better, so I'd like to somehow try both models out. The dealers hardly stock stand ups in any kind quantity these days, so finding one that has a couple of used ones to test ride, is going to be nearly impossible. I've ridden a SuperJet before, and it was a great ski. I may go with the SJ when it comes time to decide, even though I've always owned Kawi's. The dealer will be cool with trading the Kawi I asked for, for the SJ instead.

Here's a pic of the 2010 SJ:

2. Collapse Details

someone called me about the fuel cell... here is a pic of it and the amf and the air cleaner air vortex..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jet ski fuel cell.jpg   jet ski air cleaner vortex.jpg   jet ski amf.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

steering extension
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jet ski steering extension.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jhenrie View Post
    There you go , looks like you too had MMF racing on speed dial for the alum handle poles. I was digging through some box at the shop and found a few stainless impellars , some skat trak , some solas and some other goodies. The old names from jet ski performance. some already mentioned , team butch , pjs , mariner , everyone had a kerker (or at least the kerker kiks azz sticker) on their old 440-550.
    I don't have the skis anymore, but I've still got BOTH original (and cracked) handlepoles in my basement!

5. Collapse Details

I ended up taking a 2009 leftover that they had, since other than the sticker kit, it's the same ski as the other one. They let it go for just over cost, so it was tough to ignore when they threw that at me.

Loaded up with only the nicest comforters off of my bed....

6. Collapse Details

Nice! I was just in there yesterday looking at a Teryxs (sp) noticed the empty stand.
    Guess I better drop in the DOO this weekend

O and the MOVER in me thinks those b moving pads

7. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=GENERAL LEE;507420]

hey just stay out of my way out there on that thing!! haha J/K

8. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=L-V;507435]
    Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post

hey just stay out of my way out there on that thing!! haha J/K
    He's gonna drop anchor in front of you like Obama's children did

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Very cool. I have also had several kawi and yamaha standups. Best times of my life on the water. I just recently bought a 93 yamaha waveblaster with less than 20 original hrs. I had several blasters back in the mid 90's and missed the fun. I spent all last weekend on that thing and left the boat in the garage. Good times, and sore as hell the first half the week..

10. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=WARPARTY36;507590]
    Quote Originally Posted by L-V View Post

He's gonna drop anchor in front of you like Obama's children did
    haha, Niiice! that was a hell of a group to be on the water, hope I dont have to see that show again!

11. Collapse Details

Got mysecond stand up cookin a while ago.
    Had 90 550sx, now a 92 550sx too.
    It has waterbox, scoop,prop, ride plate, sponsons, otherwise pretty stock
    First reed 550 I have had. Like it better.
    Son now rides my 90 when he can get away with it.
    Still like the little ones best!

12. Collapse Details

Great buy Brandon. I'll be up this weekend to keep it warm while you're out on the 368.

Love,

Buck
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    Got mysecond stand up cookin a while ago.
    Had 90 550sx, now a 92 550sx too.
    It has waterbox, scoop,prop, ride plate, sponsons, otherwise pretty stock
    First reed 550 I have had. Like it better.
    Son now rides my 90 when he can get away with it.
    Still like the little ones best!

That's a GREAT ski man. The 92-95 models are the best of all of the 550 series, having the reed valve engine. If you ever get tired of it, let me know first, as I try to find those al the time that are in good condition.

I stay to the side of the lake, so that I'm not in ANYone's way out there, because I KNOW how much of a pain in the ass some of the clueless rider are out there.

It's been a total BLAST so far!

14. Collapse Details

I ended up taking a 2009 leftover that they had, since other than the sticker kit, it's the same ski as the other one. They let it go for just over cost, so it was tough to ignore when they threw that at me.

Road one the other day. What a blast! Took a while to get used to it. The power/handling is very different than the old school 550 in had.

15. Collapse Details

Congrats
    Looks like fun.
    All your comments earlier regarding stand ups/sit downs are SPOT ON!
    Same things I have said for ALOT of years.
    I got my 10 soon to be 11 year old son following me around the lake now. He already has a far greater appreciation and sense of what rules to follow than many (most)adults that have lived on our lake their entire lives. Stand ups are a great tool to teach kids with. You have to develop the skill to ride before you can get faster speeds. A new 800 hp sit down, all you gotta do is sign saying you will start making payments soon. We have seen a TON of new riders, never been on the water at all before going 70 mph on their brand new super turbo blown 4 stroke EFI whatever bullet sitdown. SCAREY!

16. Collapse Details

I assume you bought the Kawi already? what are you doing with it mainly? how good or into freestyle are you?

17. Collapse Details

I have a very good customer that asked me to store his 2008 250X jet ski. He said the battery is dead. When we checked it the battery was not the issue. The engine was full of water. It sat like this or God only knows how long. The motor and supercharger are locked up tight. Jet ski parts dept won't quote me on a price for a rebuild kit or an engine. They say it needs to be brought in. I did some research and found out these particular skis have had problems with the manifold being too porous and the engines get water in them.
    My customer’s exact words were “I need you to handle this!”
    Anyone have any suggestions? Where can I get a motor? Anyone know of any? This is really not our area of expertise we repair trucks! It is my largest, best customers so i need to handle this even I have to buy a new ski.

I was thinking of putting the ski on Ebay as is, use what ever money towards another ski. The one thing that really confuses the issue is the ski itsel looks brand ne and it's beautiful!!

Help??

18. Collapse Details

www.shopsbt.com these guys sell rebuilt engines with warranties they might be able to help

19. Collapse Details

I am having a graphic guy copy my boats' paint job, & create a wrap/decal set for the ski.

Here's a pic of the boat, & the "rough draft" that he's done for the ski so far:

I just need to take a few more pictures of the boat in high resolution, & directly from the side, so that the pic will have the least amount of glare possible. I think it's going to look really cool when he's finished.

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's going to look really cool when he's finished.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!