Thread: 3 blades for 3A

1. Collapse Details
    3 blades for 3A
    Looking for large 3 blades for speedmaster 3a, in the 17.5/30 range
    Dr. G

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Since this is not a discussion forum, Scott has decided to withdraw his question.
    Last edited by fund razor; 05-09-2010 at 07:58 AM.

3. Collapse Details

My understanding is that the 4 blades are better for mid range and higher X. 3 blades would give more acceleration and top end but lost mid range speed and for lower X. We used the 4 blade 17.5/30 and topped out at 5400rpm, thoughts

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    My understanding is that the 4 blades are better for mid range and higher X. 3 blades would give more acceleration and top end but lost mid range speed and for lower X. We used the 4 blade 17.5/30 and topped out at 5400rpm, thoughts
    Whats your RPM goal ???

On the blades,,the more blades the more acceleration !!!!!

3 blades are the fastest on top speed ( less drag ) but out of the hole ( what u need in P racing ) 4 blades are the way to go .
    If u are looking for more RPM, then i would go 17 or even 16.5 diameter !!!!!!

That's my thought.
    Pm'd u !!!!
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 05-08-2010 at 06:04 PM.

5. Collapse Details

got them 17 1/2 30 31 32 $1800 for the per

6. Collapse Details

What has worked well on your apache? I currently have 17.5/30 4 blade in which my merc 800's are maxing out at 5400 with a 1.6 gear speedmaster 3's, top speed 94. Was told boat would perform better with a 3 blade. What are your thoughts

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    What has worked well on your apache? I currently have 17.5/30 4 blade in which my merc 800's are maxing out at 5400 with a 1.6 gear speedmaster 3's, top speed 94. Was told boat would perform better with a 3 blade. What are your thoughts
    im running 17x 32 four blades its faster with three blade

8. Collapse Details

3 blades did not work better on my blackthunder. 4 blades did better. The boat did not like 5 blades. I have a good set of 4 blade merc,s 17.5/29. I have re-rigged my boat with #6's and don't need them anymore. $1,700

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insatiable V View Post
    3 blades did not work better on my blackthunder. 4 blades did better. The boat did not like 5 blades. I have a good set of 4 blade merc,s 17.5/29. I have re-rigged my boat with #6's and don't need them anymore. $1,700
    post pics I might take them

10. Collapse Details

DrGary, you may want to give Tommy at Chief Engines a call. He did have several props a while back, 3 blade and 4 blade, and has alot of experience in the Predator 41 Apache with 800's. That boat had 5's on it at first and they later went to 6's so I'm sure he has props. I think your drive height will determine if a 3 or 4 blade is faster. Normally a 3 blade will be unless the drive is too high and you get excessive slip. Same size 3 and 4 blade, the 4 blade will accelerate faster. Drop down a couple of sizes on the three blade and it will out accelerate the larger 4 blade and will most likely have the same top end. My experience is that the 3 blade gets you around the track faster with a good handling setup. I would only run 4 blades if handling were an issue as in it will be a little easier to hold on to.

11. Collapse Details

Thanks for the info. We have plenty of testing to do, will update everyone once we complete. Then we are off to Ocean City

12. Collapse Details

I have some 3 blade 28s might be small but cheep
    573 346 5250

13. Collapse Details

i have 17 x 30 3 blade large shaft (3A) I'll sell give me a call if interested...
    Alan 905-252-0592