Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. Collapse Details
    Bedlam - O who you for?
    #1
    E Dock rbhudelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    E-Dock Baby
    Posts
    260
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Boomer Sooner!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0152.JPG   IMG_0147.JPG   IMG_0154.jpg  

    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    E Dock OU Want Some?!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    E- Dock, Grand Lake
    Posts
    53
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    puhleeeeeze!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 03_01A.JPG   IMG_4382-a.JPG  
    Skater Hunter Bros
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Charter Member Sea-Dated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, OK/GLOC
    Posts
    4,285
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)


    See you Saturday Big Daddy!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Summer '07 043.jpg   Summer '07 044.jpg   OSU LG.jpg  

    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    E Dock Spine Tingler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    70
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!! View Post
    puhleeeeeze!!!!!
    That was a good day. Uh honey, do you know what I did with the the SL??
    Somebody's STUPID
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    E Dock OU Want Some?!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    E- Dock, Grand Lake
    Posts
    53
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spine Tingler View Post
    That was a good day. Uh honey, do you know what I did with the the SL??
    you're such a NAUGHTY BOOSTER!!!!
    Skater Hunter Bros
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    From the Austin American Statesman - Bellyaching
    #6
    E Dock rbhudelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    E-Dock Baby
    Posts
    260
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    I thought I would give this misguided, but clever, UT fan some props because it is pretty good:

    BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II US Ranked 4th After determining the Big-12 championship game participants, the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II. "Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking." Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event." German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until thefinal day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces." The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2." Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    E Dock masher44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    GLOC
    Posts
    852
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!! View Post
    puhleeeeeze!!!!!
    you guys are a bit thinner in that pic
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    E Dock Spine Tingler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    70
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by ou want some?!! View Post
    you're such a naughty booster!!!!
    lmao! EVIL DOCTOR!
    Somebody's STUPID
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    31,955
    Blog Entries
    35
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbhudelson View Post
    I thought I would give this misguided, but clever, UT fan some props because it is pretty good:

    BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II US Ranked 4th After determining the Big-12 championship game participants, the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II. "Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking." Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a single, equally-weighted event." German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Herr Hitler has been criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with Poland was in doubt until thefinal day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of additional forces." The French ranking has also come under scrutiny. The BCS commented " France had a single loss against Germany and following a preseason #1 ranking they only fell to #2." Japan was ranked #3 with victories including Manchuria, Borneo and the Philippines.
    That's funny. My belief, if Texas wins big, and OK wins at all, Texas is the National champ with Utah second. Or Utah first and Texas second.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    E Dock rbhudelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    E-Dock Baby
    Posts
    260
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    That's funny. My belief, if Texas wins big, and OK wins at all, Texas is the National champ with Utah second. Or Utah first and Texas second.

    Not sure how Utah even enters into the equation. Even if they were the best team, and they're not, they would need to be in the "National Championship" game to have a shot at that title. The National Champion will either be Florida or Oklahoma.

    As much as I don't like the BCS, if your scenario played out it would be the death of the BCS and the money people don't want that to happen.

    Boomer Sooner
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    31,955
    Blog Entries
    35
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbhudelson View Post
    Not sure how Utah even enters into the equation. Even if they were the best team, and they're not, they would need to be in the "National Championship" game to have a shot at that title. The National Champion will either be Florida or Oklahoma.

    As much as I don't like the BCS, if your scenario played out it would be the death of the BCS and the money people don't want that to happen.

    Boomer Sooner
    Not exactly, there are still two National Championship trophies out there. The coaches, and the BCS. Don't for a minute forget there has been split championships recently since the BCS has come into existence. It would be hard to give the championship to a team that lost over another team with the same record at the end, which beat it. (Texas and OK) assuming both win. And Utah, undefeated, hard to not pick them. Everyone thought they would lose to Alabama, not crush them as they did. It wasn't even a contest for the most part.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    E Dock rbhudelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    E-Dock Baby
    Posts
    260
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Not exactly, there are still two National Championship trophies out there. The coaches, and the BCS. Don't for a minute forget there has been split championships recently since the BCS has come into existence. It would be hard to give the championship to a team that lost over another team with the same record at the end, which beat it. (Texas and OK) assuming both win. And Utah, undefeated, hard to not pick them. Everyone thought they would lose to Alabama, not crush them as they did. It wasn't even a contest for the most part.
    thats it. Why would it be hard? OU lost their best defensive player in the third quarter. Look at the stats before he went out and after. Plus, Texas got a couple BS calls in the end to propel them to victory. Texas lost to Tech and OU embarrassed Tech. So Tech should be ahead of Texas because they beat them head up. And OU would have to be ahead of Tech but behind Texas. But Texas has to be ahead of OU but behind Tech. It's a circle jerk.

    Until there is a playoff, it will always be a subjective process that is full of flaws.
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    E Dock Spine Tingler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    70
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Let's face it kids, texas sux and according to my friends at ABC, USC should be the undisputed National Champion, no matter what else happens!

    BTW, BOOMER SOONER!

    If the Sooners win, they win the BCS National Championship, if not, Florida wins the BCS National Championship.
    Somebody's STUPID
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    264
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Both Florida and OU are pretty darn happy they won't be meeting up with USC. I laughed so hard when Utah beat up on Alabama, especially when the broadcasters try to make excuses for their paid for teams. Just as when Boise State beat up their favorite two years ago.

    It's same old, money will pay a 6-6 team to take up space in a bowl, because their fat fans take up space in the seats. USC is as good as any of them, and would probably crush Utak given their one dimensional offense. But as always, we'll never see it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    31,955
    Blog Entries
    35
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbhudelson View Post
    thats it. Why would it be hard? OU lost their best defensive player in the third quarter. Look at the stats before he went out and after. Plus, Texas got a couple BS calls in the end to propel them to victory. Texas lost to Tech and OU embarrassed Tech. So Tech should be ahead of Texas because they beat them head up. And OU would have to be ahead of Tech but behind Texas. But Texas has to be ahead of OU but behind Tech. It's a circle jerk.

    Until there is a playoff, it will always be a subjective process that is full of flaws.

    ???????

    Texas was behind by 1 at the half and won by 10.

    Texas Tech beat Texas on the last play of the game while time ran out.
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    E Dock Spine Tingler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    70
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    ???????

    Texas was behind by 1 at the half and won by 10.

    Texas Tech beat Texas on the last play of the game while time ran out.
    Your point?

    There is a reason why there are 60 minutes in a game and not 59:30.
    Somebody's STUPID
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Charter Member Sea-Dated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, OK/GLOC
    Posts
    4,285
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    ???????Texas Tech beat Texas on the last play of the game while time ran out.
    And Texas beat Ohio State in the minute of the game.......

    What's your point?

    What was OSU ranked anyway?
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    31,955
    Blog Entries
    35
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spine Tingler View Post
    Your point?

    There is a reason why there are 60 minutes in a game and not 59:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    And Texas beat Ohio State in the minute of the game.......

    What's your point?

    What was OSU ranked anyway?
    Questioning the statement Texas got a couple of BS calls at the end to propel them to victory. I'm with both of you on this. The entire game is what counts. A couple of BS calls at the end doesn't equal a 10 point win in the game I watched.
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    E Dock rbhudelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    E-Dock Baby
    Posts
    260
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Questioning the statement Texas got a couple of BS calls at the end to propel them to victory. I'm with both of you on this. The entire game is what counts. A couple of BS calls at the end doesn't equal a 10 point win in the game I watched.
    Let me slow down, Texas beat Oklahoma. They were better that day. But thats all it means. You were making it sound like Texas gave OU an a$$ whipping that day. So much so, that you could never vote OU ahead of Texas even though they (OU) tore through the rest of the big 12 and set a scoring record, that no other team has ever accomplished. Texas didn't set that record.

    I'm pointing out your logic is flawed. Using your logic you have to vote Tech ahead of Texas - OU ahead of Tech - Texas ahead of OU. But for whatever reason, you can go against your own logic and say texas should be ahead of Tech. Which I agree with btw.

    Thats all I'm saying. If you just came out and said Hey, Texas is better just because, I'm good with that. But if you are going to add logic to it you need to stick with your logic.

    Here is what I believe, I think Texas should have beat Tech and then the Horns would be playing Florida for the National Championship. But they couldn't beat a team that OU beat 65-21.

    OU VS Baylor 49-17 VS Texas 45-21
    OU VS No. 16 Kansas 45-31 VS Texas 35-7
    OU VS Texas A&M 66-28 VS Texas 49-9
    OU VS No. 2 Texas Tech 65-21 VS Texas 33-39
    OU VS No. 12 Oklahoma State 61-41 VS Texas 28-24
    OU VS No. 20 Missouri 62-21 VS Texas 56-31

    So OU, against the same 6 teams, scored 348-159. Texas scored 246-131. OU scored 102 more points and allowed 28 more points. Thats scoring 17 points more per game and allowing 4.6 more per game.

    Thats why I can't wrap my head around Texas being ahead of OU.
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    E Dock
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    E-DOCK
    Posts
    100
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    ???????

    Texas was behind by 1 at the half and won by 10.

    Texas Tech beat Texas on the last play of the game while time ran out.
    NOT, Tech manhandled Texas. Texas got extremely lucky right before the half to stay in the game.
    Not saying Tech is a better team. but on that night they were much better.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •