Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I agree.

I have yet to see a single worth talking about. If they worked someone would be racing one.
    Jim, you of all people know that one can race anything they want as long as it has a Mercury out drive on it. It's been this way for over 10 years so please don't use that worn out expression.

The service guys make more $$ on Bravo's than any other out drive made. I was just in Havasu and if there was one there was ten people telling me they make far to much $$ on Bravos to want to install a drive that does not break. Then I pointed out to them put their best interest far far ahead of their customers and they said it's all about $$ in their pocket.

Now back to this thread on Bravo's not Arnesons
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kopia av PICT0162.jpg   DSCF0467.jpg   389242665_1346483547_0.jpg  

Donzi Sarasota Heli 005.jpg   045_45.jpg   Boat1.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Wow, Rik......even i did not know its that many small ones ..lol

Thanks for chiming in !!!!!!

Scott

3. Collapse Details

Any other stepped hulls than the u39 boat?

UD

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
    Any other stepped hulls than the u39 boat?

UD

Because of the setback and high X,,,shouldn't it run better with a stepped hull ??

Just asking .

But i bet Rik has the answer we need !!!!!!!!!!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Because of the setback and high X,,,shouldn't it run better with a stepped hull ??

Just asking .

But i bet Rik has the answer we need !!!!!!!!!!!

I would think it would-simply based on less parasitic loss-
    -- but I dont really know.

I cant find a current switchover thats "like" my setup.

Ill read up on the velocity in the meantime.

UD

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Jim, you of all people know that one can race anything they want as long as it has a Mercury out drive on it. It's been this way for over 10 years so please don't use that worn out expression.
    Rik, I stand corrected. I hope they make their way east.

Times are changing with racing and Mercury's stranglehold. Get some out there in OPA or P1usa.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Rik, I stand corrected. I hope they make their way east.

Times are changing with racing and Mercury's stranglehold. Get some out there in OPA or P1usa.
    Will there be a P1 USA? What will be their catch?

I don't believe anyone is building new boats at this time??

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Will there be a P1 USA? What will be their catch?

I don't believe anyone is building new boats at this time??
    Rik, as far as i know its coming together..but thats all i heard !

9. Collapse Details

Ok! What do you all think of Teagues Platinum drives? Teagues web site showes his Platinum upper for about $5700. And showes it can handle up to 900hp. This would solve my stress problem at least fot this summer. I'm a Platinum Powerboat member,so I can get a substancial discount on it. I have been admiring the Arnson drives for quite some time, but I'm not about to try a conversion at the begining of summer. I know how simple conversions go, and they never end up as simple as they make it out to be. Anybody have any experience with Teagues platinum outdrives? Don

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Donskihp View Post
    Ok! What do you all think of Teagues Platinum drives? Teagues web site showes his Platinum upper for about $5700. And showes it can handle up to 900hp. This would solve my stress problem at least fot this summer. I'm a Platinum Powerboat member,so I can get a substancial discount on it. I have been admiring the Arnson drives for quite some time, but I'm not about to try a conversion at the begining of summer. I know how simple conversions go, and they never end up as simple as they make it out to be. Anybody have any experience with Teagues platinum outdrives? Don
    never had one..knowing Bob T. i think he builds good products...but 900HP ???????? i don't know....

About the conversion kit from arneson...1 day !! DONE !

11. Collapse Details

Do you have experence doing the conversion? My daughter has a jeep wrangler 4 cyl,and everyone told me it was an easy conversion to make it a 6 cyl. Well I did it and nothing was as told,from transmission to motor mounts ,it all took costom fabrication.I was lucky that I had sa shop and all the equipment to do the job. Don

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Do you have experence doing the conversion? My daughter has a jeep wrangler 4 cyl,and everyone told me it was an easy conversion to make it a 6 cyl. Well I did it and nothing was as told,from transmission to motor mounts ,it all took costom fabrication.I was lucky that I had sa shop and all the equipment to do the job. Don
    Yes, i helped some people do it .

Its a bolt on deal, drive off, engine out...change coupler bellhousing , gimbal off...arneson gimbal on, steering on ,tranny on engine , engine in, drive on, prop on..done !
    with forklift and tools 2 people 8 hours !!!!!!!

PS. boat already had hydraulic steering ,, if not..then a little longer.

13. Collapse Details

I have twin Latham steering cylinders, do u know if they would have to be relocated, I'm not a big fan of filling transome holes. Don

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    The rams on the conversion kit are on the box..so no re locating..just filling or blocking .
    The reason i said it makes it easyer is the hoses and helm is already there.

Look in the picture u can see what i mean.

U can sell your cylinders, drive, gimbal , bellhousing and such..and recope some funding.
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 05-08-2010 at 05:52 PM.

15. Collapse Details

I have a Teague Platinum upper with an Imco lower.
    Its a high quality product, and Bob Teague stands by his warranties.

- but 900HP on a lake- maybe. On the ocean- no way.
    Its basically the same as an Imco SC.

I just did a rebuild at 54 hours.
    I "hit it" with an Ilmor 710 and a 5500lb boat 100% ocean running.

Uncle Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails teague PLatinum & Imco Lower.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

I like the Bmax.

17. Collapse Details

Iv'e seen adds for the Bmax, but never really gave it much attention. Does it hook up the same as the Brovo. What is it rated for,what kind price tag comes with it? Don

18. Collapse Details

Seen lots of good AND bad press about the Bmax, and I like to know more about it. Somewhere here on OSO there is a great pict with three of them across the back of a rig all blown bad.....

At the same time.... I've been using Imco stuff for 20 years and have multitudes of quality parts form that company in both my boats.
    I trust Imco, and it looks like the SCX has tons of momentum at the moment.

Uncle Dave

19. Collapse Details

Iv'e seen adds for the Bmax, but never really gave it much attention. Does it hook up the same as the Brovo. What is it rated for,what kind price tag comes with it? Don
    Yes it hooks up like a bravo, they say 900 hp but it all hinges on the weight of the boat as to how much it will take. I have 800's in my Black Thunder and the uppers had 300 hrs on them when I changed out the gears. The lowers are just the same as a XR with a larger vertical shaft but still use Merc lower gears as do most of the drives out there. I have heard talk of maybe a company up north making a new lower gear set to fit the Bravo lower that will hold more power. I also know that Bmax is being sold and the new owners are going to revamp the drive with some billet parts so new things on the horizon soon.

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John P View Post
    Yes it hooks up like a bravo, they say 900 hp but it all hinges on the weight of the boat as to how much it will take. I have 800's in my Black Thunder and the uppers had 300 hrs on them when I changed out the gears. The lowers are just the same as a XR with a larger vertical shaft but still use Merc lower gears as do most of the drives out there. I have heard talk of maybe a company up north making a new lower gear set to fit the Bravo lower that will hold more power. I also know that Bmax is being sold and the new owners are going to revamp the drive with some billet parts so new things on the horizon soon.
    Do the lowers still fall off ?????

They have so much vibration from the large upper gears that they strip the studs hlding the lower and just fall off !!

And 900 HP ..NO WAY, a merc #5 is rated @ 750 !!!!!