Thread: The Shadow Cat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Here are are a few pic's of Team Shadow....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shadow cat  ,, h2o.jpg   Shadow Cat S E.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by h2oMag View Post
    Here is our old Shadow cat the Ambusher, that became the first Eastern Express before the 32' Skater .. We sold it to Greg Dunbar out of Grandhaven, he then raced her as CAT NIP.
    Are you kidding me? So the Eastern Express Shadow became Cat NIP and Offshore Ginger owns it? Great boat. Got video from Suncoast Offshore race in 1989 (I believe) of this Shadow running.

3. Collapse Details

What Shadow was "Crimson Tide" that ran in California. Seems like alot had #3s w/ the Saddle type tie bar as seen in "Special Edition" pic.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by no limits View Post
    What Shadow was "Crimson Tide" that ran in California. Seems like alot had #3s w/ the Saddle type tie bar as seen in "Special Edition" pic.
    I believe Crimson Tide was the old LOVE IT.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by no limits View Post
    Are you kidding me? So the Eastern Express Shadow became Cat NIP and Offshore Ginger owns it? Great boat. Got video from Suncoast Offshore race in 1989 (I believe) of this Shadow running.
    No i do not own the boat and if fact the old Cat Nip that i will be working on is a customers boat that is in Grand Haven Mich which is an old Eliminator that had a number # 3 speedmaster on it and when the team purchased a #32 skater the name of the boat was called Eastern Express .

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by h2oMag View Post
    I believe Crimson Tide was the old LOVE IT.
    Crimson Tide was the second "Lov-it". The first was a converted OB hull that we built in a hurry for Davey Gilmore. He went with a true stern drive hull and deck about a year later....and later it wound up in California.
    Allergic to Nonsense

7. Collapse Details

i wonder what the top speed of the factory boat was with the factory set -up 200 2.4's

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Welfare Racing View Post
    i wonder what the top speed of the factory boat was with the factory set -up 200 2.4's
    They were'nt 200's they were 225's..... and the factory plug with a wooden deck and a heavy layup (4400 lbs)ran about 72 mph with twins and a medium fuel load with 2 people. The amazing thing about that hull was that no matter how many people we put in it...up to about 10...the speed loss was only about 3-4 mph. Later with a stock customer boat we saw over 75 mph with the same power.

My race hull with a pair of T4's (about 375 hp each) ran 92-95 with cut down 1982 era Mercruiser SSM cleavers in race trim with light fuel.

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Crimson Tide was the second "Lov-it". The first was a converted OB hull that we built in a hurry for Davey Gilmore. He went with a true stern drive hull and deck about a year later....and later it wound up in California.
    Where is Crimson Tide/Love It Again now? Great boat!

10. Collapse Details

Here is the "Special Edition/ Cayo Hueso Express" as she sits today in Big Coppitt, still no cover since 2005. She is tilted back to get the water out. There was no one home, and someone mentioned it and the Scarab Sport(very rough) next to it were for sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tuesday 2010 008.jpg   tuesday 2010 009.jpg  
    Parabellum FJ²B

11. Collapse Details

Oh man Bobcat...that looks rough. I wonder if it would even be worth it to get it back together.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

12. Collapse Details

The trailer still looks the same as it did 4 years ago when I worked on the house. I imagine the inside of the boat is soggy.
    Parabellum FJ²B

13. Collapse Details

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this urgency to go out and buy a tarp and offer to cover it up?....and I'm not even joking! It's as if throwing a cover on it now will all of a sudden reverse the effects of the past 10 years of sitting outside (or for however long it has been). Everyone once in a while I drive by an old checkmate that still looks in pretty decent shape here in town. The boat has been sitting for years and has never had a cover on it. I'm sure its in worse then it looks from the road, but I still want to knock on the homeowner's door and ask if I can cover it up!

14. Collapse Details

Kind of like seeing an old classic car in someone's yard that they won't sell it because "They are going to restore it themselves" and every year it gets a little bit worse.
    Parabellum FJ²B

15. Collapse Details

I always encouraged T2x to build a larger Shadow cat, so that we could use it for a box to ship Cougars........

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    I always encouraged T2x to build a larger Shadow cat, so that we could use it for a box to ship Cougars........

- there's no need for boxes- no one in their right mind would buy a cougar in the first place - unless of course you bought her the first drink !

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Sorry we couldn't oblige, but I do agree that many of your boats belonged in a "dumpster".
    Allergic to Nonsense

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    Sorry we couldn't oblige, but I do agree that many of your boats belonged in a "dumpster".
    Ooooouuuuu. That sounds like a touch of jealousy, if I ever heard it. Those Shadows did look like the only tool in the tooling shop was a miter box. If I was to rerig a cat, it would be something at least 20 years newer in design. Just my .02.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneBadInjun View Post
    Ooooouuuuu. That sounds like a touch of jealousy, if I ever heard it. Those Shadows did look like the only tool in the tooling shop was a miter box. If I was to rerig a cat, it would be something at least 20 years newer in design. Just my .02.
    Pretty sure he was joking. And not sure about the miter box comment. The Shadow was a darn good-lloking boat for back in the day.
    www.blackduckcafe.net

20. Collapse Details

-OBI- beauty is in the eye of the beholder!-so maybe you should open both of yours!!--------their records for the day should open both of yours !