Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Arizona law
    Illegal immigrants plan to leave over Arizona law

This will be an interesting test of the new Arizona law. If/When most of the illegal immigrants move to other states, it will be very interesting to see how it effects the local and state economy as well as the crime rates.

We'll see!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Seems that was the right law after all. What state is next?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Ha Ha! That's like saying that Prohibition was the right thing to do. Time will tell...

4. Collapse Details

kentucky.

5. Collapse Details

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news...an-b-4-27-2010

Illegal Immigrants in Arizona Work Out a Plan B

Updated: Tuesday, 27 Apr 2010, 7:30 PM MDT
    Published : Tuesday, 27 Apr 2010, 7:30 PM MDT

PHOENIX - Tourists from Mexico are a big part of Arizona's economy. According to a study from Arizona's Office of Tourism, between 2007 and 2008, 24 million Mexican citizens visited Arizona.

Those visits created 7,000 jobs and brought in $7 million a day. Shopping was the most popular activity.

For the past few days, the Mexican Consulate in Phoenix has been busy. Hundreds of families are preparing to either move back to Mexico, or put an emergency plan in place in case a family member gets deported.

A sea of people has been to the office to get documents to return to Mexico as legal Mexican citizens.

One woman who is in Arizona illegally says she will move back to Vera Cruz, Mexico this summer. Her children, who were born in Arizona, are legal U.S. citizens. They won't be able to attend school in Mexico unless they are Mexican citizens, so she is applying for dual citizenship for her kids.

Mexico Deputy Consul General Alfonso Navarro says SB 1070 has put many Mexico-born parents in a dilemma. They are here illegally, but children born here are legal U.S. citizens who would need papers to travel to Mexico. Many are preparing to leave Arizona just in case.

"For any catastrophic event, should mom and dad get arrested and deported, all the family will be able to be reunited on Mexican soil," says Navarro.

Navarro says the fear of the unknown is driving many immigrants away that view Arizona as hostile territory.

Here is what I see happening:

They have 90 days to get affairs in order before the law takes affect.

So maybe when the 90 days is up, there is a new business opportunity in smuggling the illegals BACK to Mexico

Mexico doesn't WANT them back - there will no longer be the influx of money.
    Mexico doesn't have jobs for them, and will become the next Welfare country.
    Mexico will try to make it difficult for them to even go back, so that will cause us to have to create a shelter for them while this is all worked out. We will have to feed and house them, which will then in the media will be referred to as a concentration camp.

Everyone in the US that is challenging this law will now be set on crusades to raise money to give to all these "poor immigrants that only came to this country to support their families"
    There will be commercials on TV with a sad little mexican girl with big pretty eyes with Sarah Mclaughlin singing in the background (yeah, admit it, the first few times you saw that commercial for the SPCA you teared up a bit, I don't care who you are).

We ain't out the woods by a LONG SHOT on what it is going to take to enforce this law.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 03darkshadow View Post
    kentucky.
    You may be surprised to know that Northern KY is full of a culture of people that were refugees from Bosnia. All spoke Bosnian amongst themselves, and actually tried to denounce Americans. I had many that worked for me when I lived there. That was a difficult situation.
    And, here we were, the country that made sure they were safe and taken care of while the war in Bosnia was going on, and we brought them here.
    I don't mean to paint with too wide of a brush here, so let me clarify that were also many that were very hardworking, and wanted to do well in America.
    However, they are also a tight knit community that prefers doing business amongst themselves, and attempting to create their own "culture" here.

I have no problem whatsoever with people immigrating her, so long as they embrace our culture (at least speak English), and do it legally, and abide by our laws. I can respect that you have culture from your Mother country, but if you choose to live here, one Allegiance must come before the other.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    KVUE News just said a few lawmakers here in Texas are drafting a similar law to that of Arizona.

8. Collapse Details

KVUE News just said a few lawmakers here in Texas are drafting a similar law to that of Arizona.
    Rock on, Texas!!

The beginning of a Revolution?

9. Collapse Details

I created my own solution
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Illegal copy.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Shakira will speak in Phoenix today against the new law.

Hopefully she is here on a work visa.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    Ha Ha! That's like saying that Prohibition was the right thing to do. Time will tell...
    I have read your comparisons to prohibition several times.

After considered thought, do you really think that it is an appropriate analogy?
    Perhaps if we banned hispanics (nationally) altogether, and they started making them by the barrel in Canada, it would be closer. Law Enforcement plays the same role. Home Depot's parking lot plays the speakeasy. Of course, the part of the murderous Purple Gang in your analogy is now played by the undocumented Mexicans. And btw, they play the whiskey too.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post

After considered thought, do you really think that it is an appropriate analogy?
    Perhaps if we banned hispanics (nationally) altogether, and they started making them by the barrel in Canada, it would be closer. Law Enforcement plays the same role. Home Depot's parking lot plays the speakeasy. Of course, the part of the murderous Purple Gang in your analogy is now played by the undocumented Mexicans. And btw, they play the whiskey too.
    Making them by the barrel!!no matter where they come from if they bring crime&terror&fear we have the right&don't let the door hit them in the azz on the way out!Come to this country loving not hating and this law whould not exist our flag or no flag who cares where you came from your here now!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrew View Post
    Making them by the barrel!!no matter where they come from if they bring crime&terror&fear we have the right&don't let the door hit them in the azz on the way out!Come to this country loving not hating and this law whould not exist our flag or no flag who cares where you came from your here now!!

With Science advancing the way it is.......there should be a way of eliminating the mexican gene before they come out of the barrel.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post

I know I have not fully explained why I use Prohibition as an analogy, but let me try...

I believe (and Prohibition proved) that people will do whatever they want to do. Market forces of Supply and Demand will always be in play no matter what the law says. Making something illegal (whether it is alcohol, drugs, or undocumented aliens) will only force it into the hands of criminals. It does nothing to stop it.

Try to stop the "Supply" (of alcohol, drugs, illegal aliens) without doing something about the "Demand" (alcohol drinking, drug use, employers hiring cheap labor) will not stop it. It fact you only make things worse because now the government can no longer control it.

My point it... You can pass any law you wish against illegal aliens. But as long as they are able to find paying jobs here, it won't stop them from coming.

Just my "history lesson" two-cents...

15. Collapse Details

I'm sure they will find their way to Florida.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

16. Collapse Details

I do have a question... What "papers" does someone need to produce when an Arizona law enforcement officer ask for proof of citizenship? Is a driver's license good enough? Do you need a ceritified copy of your birth certificate?

Let's say you don't have the proper paperwork. What happens? Are you taken "downtown?" Are you handed over to INS? If you claim that you were born in the US, are you still deported? If so where?

Not all "Mexican" are from Mexico. They come from several Central American and South American countries. In Florida they are all considered "Cuban".

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    I think we need this guy ........

he was missunderstood back then,,but i think today a lot of people would actually say , he is right....lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adhi.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    Try to stop the "Supply" (of alcohol, drugs, illegal aliens) without doing something about the "Demand" (alcohol drinking, drug use, employers hiring cheap labor) will not stop it. It fact you only make things worse because now the government can no longer control it.
    This analogy is horrible. Alcohol and drugs are addicting. Illegal aliens are not addicting. Unless maybe you have a thing for Latinas.

Employers hired cheap labor because there wasn't much consequence. Now there is more consequence. So the "Demand" will, in fact, go way down.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Boss460 View Post
    This analogy is horrible. Alcohol and drugs are addicting. Illegal aliens are not addicting. Unless maybe you have a thing for Latinas.

Employers hired cheap labor because there wasn't much consequence. Now there is more consequence. So the "Demand" will, in fact, go way down.
    I disagree. Most people in Prohibition drank "illegal" alcohol because they wanted to, not because they were addicted to it.

Most people today smoke "illegal" weed because they enjoy it, not because they are addictied to it.

Demand (wants) will not go down just because Supply is limited. Quantity Demanded (actual use) will go down but Demand will not.

Just my "Economy Major" two-cents...

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    You may be surprised to know that Northern KY is full of a culture of people that were refugees from Bosnia. All spoke Bosnian amongst themselves, and actually tried to denounce Americans. I had many that worked for me when I lived there. That was a difficult situation.
    And, here we were, the country that made sure they were safe and taken care of while the war in Bosnia was going on, and we brought them here.
    I don't mean to paint with too wide of a brush here, so let me clarify that were also many that were very hardworking, and wanted to do well in America.
    However, they are also a tight knit community that prefers doing business amongst themselves, and attempting to create their own "culture" here.

I have no problem whatsoever with people immigrating her, so long as they embrace our culture (at least speak English), and do it legally, and abide by our laws. I can respect that you have culture from your Mother country, but if you choose to live here, one Allegiance must come before the other.

i was being sarcastic.

but i dont care if people immigrate here, my grandmother did. she did it legally and has embraced american culture. and speaks english as good, if not better than anyone else.